Who's Online
3 registered (Namvet, jkinch05, brwgunner), 9 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1172462 - 03/15/17 08:57 PM General Robert E. Lee
glh0903 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Charlottesville
Charlottesville recently voted to remove the 90+ year old statue of General Robert E. Lee. This was spurred by a young African American woman saying she was "intimidated" by the statue. Folks, this is an assault on our history and heritage. The left has been pushing this agenda for decades, and they have succeeded to much success. No, I'm not a racist or a bigot, but I do want to preserve our history and it's founders. It's absurd to think this statue poses any threat to any community.
The government has seized control over our education, healthcare, income, land, energy, personal possessions, wills, etc...and gunning for our firearms. Where and when will men draw the line? Our forefathers would turn in their graves. If you sit by and do nothing don't be surprised when things get worse. I'd like to organize a protest to keep the statue.
If interested please send a message, thanks.

Grayson

#1172509 - 03/15/17 10:21 PM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
The statue of Arthur Ashe on Monument Ave. in Richmond "intimidates" me... Ashe is carrying a lethal tennis racket.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1172530 - 03/15/17 11:00 PM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
glh0903 Offline
Bolt action

All it takes for tyranny is for good men to do nothing.

#1185879 - 04/15/17 09:49 AM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
As we all know we live in the "United States of the Offended"....but in this case the "Intimidated"

#1191427 - 04/28/17 11:34 AM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: VaGunTrader]
Freedom1st Offline
Know thy enemy

Loc: VA-Virginia
City or County: Richmond
Cash your hilarious! But in your case it would be considered racism...very backwards nation we live in unfortunately. I think there actually putting/put it up for sale to "try to preserve it's importance". I say we all pitch in and buy it and make it the Va gun trader monument lol. But on a serious note this absolutely infuriates me..why even teach history anymore if where just gonna allow it to be erased. I'm game for whatever happens if anything at all I'll try to stay up to date on the post. We can't sit around any longer and let our rights be taken right from under us!!!

#1208953 - 06/08/17 04:42 PM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: Freedom1st]
Stonewall Offline
Luke 22:36

I love this great land called America that God has given us and we fought for to keep it free. Those that are offended and want to re-write history need to leave and go back where they came from. I am offended at the **I miss Obama** Jeremiah Wright who cursed this land by saying "God damn America". Jeremiah Wright with his "God damn" Liberation Theology attended Virginia Union University which has offended me beyond imagination. So the university should be shut down and leveled in my humble opinion.

"posterity" and descendant of Robert E. Lee

By-The-Way... "Racism" was defined in a psychology magazine a couple of years ago as... "any white man that refuses to grovel at the feet of a **I miss Obama**." So it is time to stand or grovel!

#1208956 - 06/08/17 04:47 PM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
Stonewall Offline

It is pretty bad when the software corrects my quotes from the "left" and correctly used English words.

#1214843 - 06/21/17 07:48 PM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
Workaholic210 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Charlottesville
City or County: Albemarle
As much trouble that it's caused I think it should be removed.
Just being honest

#1215343 - 06/22/17 09:37 PM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Why are we wasting precious tax dollars on wasteful expenditures to appease someones perceived righteousness?

Tell me again what do they say again about the victor of a war being the ones to write their version of history?

#1275527 - 11/06/17 03:30 PM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: Workaholic210]
Stonewall Offline

Had to reply to Workaholic... not sure if anyone will read this or not but... Workaholic thinks the statue should be removed because of all the trouble it has caused. The statue has not caused any trouble; it is the ignorance and hatred of anit-Christ communists who have caused the trouble and we are stupid enough to allow them to organize in this land that God gave us and where a cross was planted in 1607 at Cape Henry. The monuments are a remembrance of the fine Christians who fought and are well known to have followed Christ Jesus and their cause was righteous and we Southerners were commanded by the Word of God to separate ourselves from such railings ( 1 Tim 6:1-5 ) and ignorance. "From such withdraw thyself". If you want the truth about slavery and a debate from every angle from a pastor who lived it, then you need to read Stonewall Jackson's chaplain Robert Lewis Dabney's book entitled "A Defense of Virginia."
Are we better off in a forced union? I think not...
"While the Union survived the Civil War, the Constitution did not." Supreme Court justice Thurgood Marshall

#1282320 - 11/21/17 07:49 AM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
Algotguns Offline
Gun Loon-atic

Loc: South Carolina
City or County: Piedmont
You might think of this as "just removing" a statue but,imho, it is a beginning of something more drastic.
The statue offends some people because they see him as a racist and want to erase him from history like he never existed.
To some people the Constitution was written by and signed by a bunch of racist maniacs. Why should they accept and follow the current Constitution which was written for white people only! The liberals next step, Let's re-write this racist rag so we can all be happy and ride unicorns into battle and fight evil with primal screams if I don't get my way

#1282689 - 11/22/17 12:29 AM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
Fmiller Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Hanover
Why are we waisting time discussing this. Y'all they are gonna do what they want we can't stop this one. If you want to preserve the statues you will need a plan that fits everyone's needs. If you act like a racist or foster thoughts of intimidation then all you will do is feed into their crap. If you want to stop this stuff from happening you have got to get out in front of it before it starts. If you restrict one sides rights are you any better. I don't care about the statues or the other mindless stuff. But if you want to keep your statues find a good way to do it. Yelling and protesting while inciting violence against a race or idea will get us no where in the over all battle for our rights and freedom. Work smarter not harder yall

#1287029 - 12/02/17 02:57 PM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
ExWHCA Offline
Single barrel

Loc: VA
The history of these Jim Crow era statues is clear, and they were erected to intimidate blacks. If your history and heratage is Jim Crow, good riddance.

#1717473 - 01/21/21 08:44 PM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
olerebjr Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Ole Virginia Henry Co.
City or County: henry county, martinsville
"History will be written by the victors" Decades of public schooling, waves of immigrants, and migration from the Northern states has diluted our Old Dominion. What was reverence and pride for our great leaders and citizen soldiers has now been corrupted by liberal ideology. Give them an inch and they will want it all. Now they will never be satisfied. The virtues and mannerisms of General Lee and General Jackson would be well practiced in this day and time. I am a Virginian that happens to be W hite, H eterosexual, C ristian, A merican and always will be. Olerebjr.

#1739169 - 03/07/21 10:21 PM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
Rick_O_Shea Offline
THE Orginial Rick

City or County: Chesterfield
"Our republican system was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life. Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bas-tards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man."
Abraham Lincoln

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, — that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.”
Abraham Lincoln

Above FACTS sourced from azquotes.com and goodreads.com

TEAR DOWN THE F-ING LINCOLN Memorial MONUMENT!

"Government of the goober, by the goober, and for the goober."
Paraphrasing Honest Abe

#1739176 - 03/07/21 10:34 PM Re: General Robert E. Lee [Re: glh0903]
Rick_O_Shea Offline
THE Orginial Rick

City or County: Chesterfield
Yes, Yes, I am sure all that money was spent and effort was made to intimidate blacks.

It is all about you. It is the height of conceit to go around thinking that people give a sheit about complexion.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that."

Abraham Lincoln

"Silly human, silly human race." P. Floyd