Who's Online
25 registered (Pfl13, Frankced, Cprobuy, enkrates9, goosenfl, jk07, Jared1985, akphule, tommyhof, Osprey, SlickStang, Workaholic, lawman90, Blackfoot501, Chingon, rollon, pgraber, horace375, Jake3, mshelton89, groovinmonk, 4 invisible), 12 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1722005 - 01/31/21 09:59 PM Hirtenberger L7A1 9mm ammo
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
This ammunition was produced between 1990 and 1992. Many samples exceed the NATO maximum chamber pressure specification for small arms, which is 50,000 PSI (345 MPa). In terms of the commercial availability of these rounds, the MOD released 12 million rounds of L7A1 ammunition as surplus. Since the ammunition is packaged in a 1,200 round case, this means that 10,000 cases were released. Since HP refuses to sell this ammunition to the public, and only produced L7A1 in 1990, 1991, and 1992, and only for the British contract, that means that the entire world's supply consists of 10,000 cases.

Likewise, within several months of release, BATF banned the importation of the ammunition, due to its being unsafe for use in handguns.

Some of this ammo is posted on the site.
Buyer beware!
This ammo was designed for open bolt subguns!!!!!!!
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1722019 - 02/01/21 12:22 AM Re: Hirtenberger L7A1 9mm ammo [Re: Agent19]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
Quote:
Likewise, within several months of release, BATF banned the importation of the ammunition, due to its being unsafe for use in handguns.

UNSAFE FOR WHO???

This ammo is fine out if 10 inches barrel. It is equivalent of +P+ and meant for use in MP5 and sub-guns. It is loaded hot to defeat soft vest and is similar to Russian 9mm ammo used by Russian MP, special force Krelim guards in their 9mm AK submachine gun, intended to defeat NATO helmet and soft 3A vest.

Unfortunately, I never see this ammo listed here. You have to go southwest surplus stores for that.

If anyone fortunate enough to stumble across this ammo, buy it with both fists. This is el cheapo Buffalo Bore and Underwood hyper ammo.

#1722202 - 02/01/21 01:15 PM Re: Hirtenberger L7A1 9mm ammo [Re: Jimmm]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
Originally Posted By: Jimmm
Quote:

UNSAFE FOR WHO???

This ammo is fine out if 10 inches barrel. It is equivalent of +P+ and meant for use in MP5 and sub-guns. It is loaded hot to defeat soft vest and is similar to Russian 9mm ammo used by Russian MP, special force Krelim guards in their 9mm AK submachine gun, intended to defeat NATO helmet and soft 3A vest.

Unfortunately, I never see this ammo listed here. You have to go southwest surplus stores for that.

If anyone fortunate enough to stumble across this ammo, buy it with both fists. This is el cheapo Buffalo Bore and Underwood hyper ammo.

Well you are lucky there are two cases posted on this sight.

This is just an FYI.
This advice is worth what you paid for.
You have google-fu..
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1722433 - 02/01/21 08:22 PM Re: Hirtenberger L7A1 9mm ammo [Re: Agent19]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
I bought some of this ammo back in the day.

It should be fine in a Glock or a CZ-75 - would not shoot it in anything less robust. It is a high pressure round.