Who's Online
4 registered (XX44075, adv_rider, A218julian, Daltosl), 11 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1724403 - 02/06/21 02:20 AM Shoot or don’t shoot, car theft with child in the car
Doubletap513 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Chesapeake
I have an interesting topic for the forum. As of recently I’m sure you all know there was a car theft at a WAWA in Chesapeake . The car was stolen while the parents were fueling their car and their child was taken then abandoned in Norfolk to suffer in the cold. My question is this. Would it have been legal to use lethal force to stop the abduction of your child? If so how would the laws here in Virginia protect a parent from keeping their child from being abducted and left to suffer at the hands of a criminal.

Edited by Doubletap513 (02/06/21 02:28 AM)

#1724468 - 02/06/21 07:53 AM Re: Shoot or don’t shoot, car theft with child in the car [Re: Doubletap513]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
Dude if it's your kid, or anyone's kid for that matter, **I VOTED FOR BIDEN** shoot that carjacker if you've got a clear, safe shot and worry about that legal **I VOTED FOR BIDEN** later. The life of an innocent child is worth the possibility of prison time, and this is coming from a dude who hates kids.

I'd highly doubt there's a judge out there, liberal, conservative or otherwise who'd say "well, they were only abducting the child, you shouldn't have done that"

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1724494 - 02/06/21 09:25 AM Re: Shoot or don’t shoot, car theft with child in the car [Re: Doubletap513]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
If the shot is clean, take it. No jury would ever convict, and it’s doubtful any prosecutor would even try. At least not in most states...

#1724722 - 02/06/21 05:36 PM Re: Shoot or don’t shoot, car theft with child in the car [Re: Doubletap513]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
Deadly force is authorized to stop several forcible felonies other than attempted murder. Including Rape, Sexual Assault, Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, and in some cases Arson. Just remember that you will have to articulate why your use of deadly force was reasonable and necessary in this particular situation. It's best to tell the police nothing other than "LAWYER!" Your attorney will help you articulate your version of the incident, and it is unlikely for you to be charged criminally. Just make sure that it's a genuine kidnapping! And that you don't accidentally involve yourself in a Domestic / child custody incident!

#1725110 - 02/07/21 12:31 PM Re: Shoot or don’t shoot, car theft with child in the car [Re: Verylargeboots]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Rappahannock County
City or County: Rappahannock County
Originally Posted By: Verylargeboots
Dude if it's your kid, or anyone's kid for that matter, **I VOTED FOR BIDEN** shoot that carjacker if you've got a clear, safe shot and worry about that legal **I VOTED FOR BIDEN** later. The life of an innocent child is worth the possibility of prison time, and this is coming from a dude who hates kids.

I'd highly doubt there's a judge out there, liberal, conservative or otherwise who'd say "well, they were only abducting the child, you shouldn't have done that"

+1

#1725797 - 02/08/21 07:20 PM Re: Shoot or don’t shoot, car theft with child in the car [Re: Doubletap513]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
Originally Posted By: Doubletap513
I have an interesting topic for the forum. As of recently I’m sure you all know there was a car theft at a WAWA in Chesapeake . The car was stolen while the parents were fueling their car and their child was taken then abandoned in Norfolk to suffer in the cold. My question is this. Would it have been legal to use lethal force to stop the abduction of your child? If so how would the laws here in Virginia protect a parent from keeping their child from being abducted and left to suffer at the hands of a criminal.

You just pooped, should you wipe or not wipe? Come on man. We got a possible executive order to ban all guns or greatly restrict access because of a shooting in Scranton, a birthplace of sleeping beauty and you can’t walk and chew gun and the same time.

#1728234 - 02/13/21 06:07 PM Re: Shoot or don’t shoot, car theft with child in the car [Re: Jimmm]
Doubletap513 Offline
Marksman

City or County: Chesapeake
Have you suffered a recent stroke? Or are you just naturally this stupid and hateful toward a total stranger?

#1728259 - 02/13/21 07:01 PM Re: Shoot or don’t shoot, car theft with child in the car [Re: Doubletap513]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

City or County: Lynchburg
Have you suffered a recent stroke? Or are you just naturally this stupid and hateful toward a total stranger?

Are you referencing a specific post here, or the original question? Your answer determines my answer...

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1728285 - 02/13/21 07:49 PM Re: Shoot or don’t shoot, car theft with child in the car [Re: Verylargeboots]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

City or County: Pulaski
Originally Posted By: Verylargeboots

Are you referencing a specific post here, or the original question? Your answer determines my answer...

I presume he is responding to the post just above his last, and not responding to his own original question. Then again, if he was, that might answer the part about having a stroke.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1728369 - 02/14/21 07:21 AM Re: Shoot or don’t shoot, car theft with child in the car [Re: Doubletap513]
wscrst Offline
Addicted

City or County: Staunton
My self defense plan for myself is try to run, try to run, try to run. However, if my kids are in danger and cannot run with me, I will do anything and everything for their safety regardless of the legal ramifications.