Who's Online
4 registered (corb56, milprileb, Waterspreader20, OldRookie), 9 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1719642 - 01/26/21 08:39 PM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
If the original poster was legitimately concerned he should have sought out legal counsel, to post a question about a topic that he believed to be a possible issue in his future would be absurdly stupid, for multiple reasons. The least of which being if there ever was a legal issue, the post can/will be brought forward as evidence that he possibly knew the sale was incorrect.

BUT!!!!! He did the deal legally and went through a FFL dealer as the new laws require.

Therefore, the logical conclusion is that he either was asking because he was curious about people's feelings towards individuals who do multiple "deals" per day, or it's a troll post.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1719818 - 01/27/21 10:53 AM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
P3Bill Offline
VETERAN PEASHOOTER

Loc: Wilderness
City or County: Orange County
Well, there is the possibility that the "multiple deals" did not occur on the same day as the feedback was posted. Some folks do not make an immediate feedback post, maybe slips their mind for a day or two.

#1721376 - 01/30/21 05:23 PM YNWA [Re: wscrst]
wscrst Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Staunton
And the sweet silver song, of a lark

Edited by wscrst (03/08/21 09:29 PM)

#1721401 - 01/30/21 06:08 PM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
popcorn

#1721580 - 01/31/21 08:41 AM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Originally Posted By: wscrst
I would like some opinions on the following: I sold a Sig p238 to someone the other day. When I went to leave good feedback, I noticed that this individual is getting feedback almost every day and sometimes twice per day. He struck me as slightly fast talking during our deal. I do not want to infringe on someone's rights, but do I have any responsibility to report this or look into it further. We did the deal at an FFL. I do not see him selling many guns. He has a right to hoard guns if he wants to and passes background checks. The whole situation just has left me unsettled. Thanks for your opinion. -Dave

Has anyone actually read my initial post? I asked for opinions. The opinions that I requested have reassured me that the frequent activity of the member in question is not viewed by anyone else as a problem. However, these opinions have generally been presented in a very accusatory and negative way instead of simply stating one's opinion and assisting me with a situation in which I felt a little uncomfortable. I just do not understand the hate. Peace out. -DAR

Lol

#1721627 - 01/31/21 09:46 AM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
Marcia marcia marcia!!!!!!!!

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me

#1721634 - 01/31/21 10:05 AM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
To me, your original post sounded a little like you wanted to add your own infringments to a buyer operating well within the law.

We are already over-burdened with infringements. We have had many posts on here by people that have expressed a "desire" to perform background checks and to complete paperwork on private sales...

So we are gun shy, so to speak.

Don't take it personal.

Just my opinion.

#1721703 - 01/31/21 12:19 PM YNWA [Re: bustedknee]
wscrst Offline
Addicted

Walk on through the wind

Edited by wscrst (03/08/21 09:30 PM)

#1721829 - 01/31/21 04:22 PM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Originally Posted By: bustedknee
To me, your original post sounded a little like you wanted to add your own infringments to a buyer operating well within the law.

We are already over-burdened with infringements. We have had many posts on here by people that have expressed a "desire" to perform background checks and to complete paperwork on private sales...

So we are gun shy, so to speak.

Don't take it personal.

Just my opinion.

Nice pun. I did not want to infringe, but the interaction was different enough from previous guntrader interactions for me to ask the community for some reassurance. Unfortunately, I think that folks read what they want to read between the lines. The nastiness of people is to be expected in today's American. I will now take this in a different direction. Take the dude who just wrote "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia." I bet if we were face to face that we could just sit down and have a reasonable conversation. We might be best shooting buddies. I do not think that he would denegrate me or belittle my concern. I certainly do not think that he would sarcastically say, "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" if we were just chatting. However, sitting behind the computer screen emboldens people and for some reason on this site and others the comments go negative instead of positive. As Kurt Vonnegut said in Slaughterhouse Five, "So it goes."

If I'm ever in Staunton I'll send you a PM to meet up with you. To tell you the exact same things I said previously.

......the unfortunate part is, I don't know where Staunton is, nor do I know why I'd be out there.

Having said all of that, you asked for OPINIONS. When you didn't like them and you didn't get the reassurance you sought out, you got all in your feelings or whatever and took it personally. Which is dumb, because you asked for OPINIONS.

But hey, dingleberries gonna dingle......

EDIT: I now know where Staunton is haha. If I'm ever in the area I'll give ya a call

Edited by Verylargeboots (01/31/21 04:31 PM)

#1721848 - 01/31/21 05:11 PM YNWA [Re: Verylargeboots]
wscrst Offline
Addicted

Walk on through the rain.

#1721862 - 01/31/21 05:31 PM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Once again, as stated in a reply, I did get the opinions I wanted and I was reassured. I just had to sift through nasty people spouting derogatory terms in order to get to these opinions. Why call me a dingle berry you douche-tard? Wow, that feels really good. I just insulted someone on the internet for no reason. I feel powerful. No one can touch me behind my computer screen. I am now a convert. I will use this new-found internet power to feel better about myself for I am the Czar of my internet world. What a bunch of idiots...and to define that, I mean you likely have IQs under 70. True mentally challenged individuals. partay

Hehehehehe, that gave me a chuckle. smile

#1721966 - 01/31/21 08:26 PM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
Bcmgunfighter Offline
Not all ARs are created equal...

City or County: Rochelle
Meanwhile, I’m over here with my popcorn waiting for a response to my question... you know... to figure out if you’re a, “Truly mentally challenged individual.” My advice is to toughen up. This is the internet.
You asked a question and you received some genuine feedback. Don’t get butthurt so easily. smile
DD Lite Rail II 14

MY DO NOT DEAL LIST
smilewhenIshoot - “There is zero evidence of voter fraud”
Manwich23 - supports Chinese/US power grid
JiveBunny
Downhillshot
Alwaystrading
dcarms - ATF CUCK

#1721990 - 01/31/21 09:21 PM YNWA [Re: wscrst]
wscrst Offline
Addicted

Though your dreams be tossed and blown.

#1721991 - 01/31/21 09:22 PM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Lol

#1722002 - 01/31/21 09:53 PM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
Bcmgunfighter Offline
Not all ARs are created equal...

City or County: Rochelle
[quote=wscrst][/quote]
facepalm

#1722438 - 02/01/21 08:49 PM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
JORJENBOY Offline
Georgia at Heart

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
City or County: Fredericksburg
That is killer...
I would say this Wscrst... If when you meet an individual and you do not feel comfortable in the transaction simply just walk away from it... Just state you are not comfortable and walk away from the deal... Usually your gut will tell you all you need to know about the situation. Luckily I have not had that happen to date. If, however, you follow through with the sell and the person passes the FFL and legally takes possession of the firearm/ammo I think that is the end of the transaction, outside leaving feedback. Some people buy and trade to have fun... Some do it for a hobby... Others do it for a side business... Nothing wrong with any of those choices... My guess is they might buy on here and maybe sell them through another process such as armslist or gunbroker for a markup... In any case with everything in the world going on you have to realize gun owners and 2A supports are going to be just a little defensive about such a request for opinion... My two cents... but what do I know? Everyone has an opinion these days... =)

Scott

#1722786 - 02/02/21 05:05 PM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
Very cordial response, sir. Shame on me, but in my defense, I did not see the feedback before returning home after the sale. I agree that I made an error in judgment about this situation, but I was genuinely concerned and made an inquisition. No harm has come to the member who purchased the firearm. In fact, I did not even state his username in my original post. I agree with you that it would have been terrible if a genuine firearms enthusiast was flagged by law enforcement for this situation. In the future, I will be vigilant in studying who I sell to so that I am comfortable. I think that I was more uncomfortable with my actions than with the buyers actions. Have a great day.

this explanation made things worse.

Now I want to know the race of the buyer.

It is their America and their 2A too VS. It is his America and his 2A too. Same statement but one has a holier than thou undertone in it. But I am sure you are a proud southern democrat or in a carpet business.

#1732457 - 02/22/21 08:56 AM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: imaduckin]
bigphilly Offline
Giggity

Loc: Madison, VA
City or County: madison
Originally Posted By: imaduckin
what would jesus do
Sell all the guns to all the people duh

#1734053 - 02/25/21 12:20 PM YNWA [Re: Jimmm]
wscrst Offline
Addicted

Walk on, Walk on

Edited by wscrst (03/08/21 09:31 PM)

#1738333 - 03/06/21 10:49 AM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
I would like some opinions on the following: I sold a Sig p238 to someone the other day. When I went to leave good feedback, I noticed that this individual is getting feedback almost every day and sometimes twice per day. He struck me as slightly fast talking during our deal. I do not want to infringe on someone's rights, but do I have any responsibility to report this or look into it further. We did the deal at an FFL. I do not see him selling many guns. He has a right to hoard guns if he wants to and passes background checks. The whole situation just has left me unsettled. Thanks for your opinion. -Dave

Relax...

You have done absolutely nothing wrong.

The current environment has people becoming unsettled over completely lawful activities.

For all you know his money is coming from Bloomberg and he is buying up all the guns to melt down and turn into plowshares.

Stupid thing to do, but lawful.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1739314 - 03/08/21 11:24 AM Re: Suspicious VA guntrader activity [Re: wscrst]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

City or County: Henrico County
In the 10 years I have been a Mod here we have seen quite a few instances here of borderline criminality and are usually dealt with rather quickly. A lot of legitimate members have alerted us about them and we have dealt with them but the number is and has grown incrementally. There was a time when your word was your bond, that no longer seems to be the case with the exception of folks you know and trust. They are like rats, climb on and try to find a way to screw someone because they have no morals.
Since the new law it seems to have gotten worse, probably because everyone's bat alarm has gone off. I have basically just decided not to sell to folks I don't know which makes it bad for board honestly. I am sure some of you remember Richard (Tons of guns) who bought lots of guns and some thought the same of him BUT they didn't know his story. He inherited a sizable fortune and liked guns, nothing more to it than that. Some folks are scumbags but you have to figure that one out before you deal with them. Buy the gun not the story.

#1739613 - 03/08/21 09:32 PM YNWA [Re: wscrst]
wscrst Offline
Addicted

With hope, in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.

Edited by wscrst (03/08/21 09:33 PM)

#1739708 - 03/09/21 07:26 AM Re: YNWA [Re: wscrst]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
Wscrst...

The very first words you typed was "Suspicious" (Suspicious VA guntrader activity).

This word was alarming too many in the community... rightfully so.

I have now bothered to read all of the discourse that followed. The discourse is valid and Boots was even quite eloquent (and sincerely impressed no jab intended).

Wscrst... you saw something and you said something and the community responded. You may have gotten shoved around a tiny bit in the community. So be it.

I ran a water line to my barn once. My neighbor contacted the county. I had not bothered to pull a permit. I had put the water line in at 20 inches, but code called for 24 inches.

I had to redo the entire job and pay a fine because my neighbor saw something and said something.

It was my water line to feed my horses from a frost-free yard hydrant.

My neighbor claimed he saw something "Suspicious".

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1740729 - 03/11/21 02:55 PM Re: YNWA [Re: wscrst]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

City or County: 22973
OP, you didn’t do yourself any favors by deleting your post!
Apparently, you didn’t notice almost all your post were quoted when folks replied.
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1740757 - 03/11/21 04:21 PM Re: YNWA [Re: Agent19]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Originally Posted By: Agent19
OP, you didn’t do yourself any favors by deleting your post!
Apparently, you didn’t notice almost all your post were quoted when folks replied.

It's his way of hanging his head in shame/tucking tail when he sees something he didn't like. Says enough about him

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >