Who's Online
6 registered (raydog, Colin3859272619406, 28PercentAPRMustang, Matt69, 2 invisible), 8 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1738678 - 03/07/21 12:35 AM Comfort verses Courage
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
I believe that the vast majority of Americans would choose Comfort... over Courage.

The Great American Republic was founded in Courage... as have been all great Empires.

America as we know it will die as a land of ever shrinking discomfort.

People simply cannot help themselves.

If we hit rock bottom soon enough there is a possibility we could recover.

Edited by Cash is King (03/07/21 12:48 AM)

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1738738 - 03/07/21 07:52 AM Re: Comfort verses Courage [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Those agaisnt us... will persecute those with the following attributes:

1) Self defense and self reliant

2) Fiscally responsible and financially prudent

3) Strong Judeo Christian faith

It is my belief that the desire for reestablishing "Comfort" will cause the masses to comply and sell out their fellow man.

Isolated... the fiscally responsible self-reliant Faithful will be in a large loose net that will be draw in.

This is the historic origin of the word "Gettare"... or in 1939 Germany... "Ghetto".

Just for the record... the net has been cast.

Will you comply, die or enjoy a gas shower with your very last thought being "If I comply just one more time... I can get my Comfort back... I am sure my Amazon Prime membership is inside that large building with the high smoke stacks... I am just sure it is... this time."

#1738789 - 03/07/21 09:08 AM Re: Comfort verses Courage [Re: Cash is King]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
so true cash

#1738790 - 03/07/21 09:17 AM Re: Comfort verses Courage [Re: imaduckin]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
Well that was certainly inspirational for Sunday morning. frown

That said, it is certainly on point. Our government has intentionally destroyed our country's traditional values in an effort to transform America into something it was never envisioned to be. Stand up or be trampled by it....

#1738837 - 03/07/21 11:02 AM Re: Comfort verses Courage [Re: Cash is King]
Wayne1949 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fredericksburg
I can agree this is true for a majority of people. Partly what an individual values and the priority given to those values plays a significant part. I have 2 friends who were all for banding together for a resistance of sort. When the discussion turned to what the options were and how dedicated one would have to be to those options, the friend with a wife and young son backed off. The divorced woman was and is ready to take whatever necessary steps to maintain individual liberty. I'm a 71 year old out of shape guy who was killed in an accident in 1996 (obviously returned after my nde) and death is meaningless to me. As a seer I have seen my own death and it is while defending what I hold important to me. The bottom line is how subtle the enslavement occurs because a violent oppression galvanizes resistance. What brings one into the street may not bring another but given the right event most will join.

Edited by Wayne1949 (03/07/21 11:02 AM)

#1738865 - 03/07/21 11:48 AM Re: Comfort verses Courage [Re: Wayne1949]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Originally Posted By: Wayne1949
I can agree this is true for a majority of people. Partly what an individual values and the priority given to those values plays a significant part. I have 2 friends who were all for banding together for a resistance of sort. When the discussion turned to what the options were and how dedicated one would have to be to those options, the friend with a wife and young son backed off. The divorced woman was and is ready to take whatever necessary steps to maintain individual liberty. I'm a 71 year old out of shape guy who was killed in an accident in 1996 (obviously returned after my nde) and death is meaningless to me. As a seer I have seen my own death and it is while defending what I hold important to me. The bottom line is how subtle the enslavement occurs because a violent oppression galvanizes resistance. What brings one into the street may not bring another but given the right event most will join.

+1...

I never expected to live past 30 myself.

Living every day after as a free bonus winning lottery ticket... has been Awesome.

I am 58.

#1739031 - 03/07/21 05:35 PM Re: Comfort verses Courage [Re: Cash is King]
KVW Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Shenandoah
Many will gladly board the boxcars if they are promised a spot near the window.

History repeats...

#1739084 - 03/07/21 07:28 PM Re: Comfort verses Courage [Re: Cash is King]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
The nature of all animals is to survive. It is instinctual and hardwired. There are two types of fights or conflict in the animal world, survival or reproduction/territory. A fight for territory or reproductive rights is rarely to the death because if both parties die, neither passes on genetic material. Battles only occur when both are equally matched, otherwise the smaller backs down until it gets big enough to challenge.
The next type is survival, the cornered animal. This is a fight where everything is used, everything is fair because the oeice of failure is death.
People comply because they don't know if certain death lies at the end, they do know that to not comply now means certain death. I guess my grandfather should have complied and been shot, rather than complying and surviving. Perseverance in the face of what they went through in Krakow and Auschwitz also takes courage.
You set up a false dichotomy, it isn't courage vs comfort. The choice was certain death over maybe death in the future.
Animals in packs survive better tham animals on their own.

#1739102 - 03/07/21 08:00 PM Re: Comfort verses Courage [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Without directly confronting your premise in an adversarial manner I will offer the following retort.

I believe you substantially overestimated the integrity and fortitude of the current 2021 citizen... versus the grit and intrinsic Foundation of your grandfathers... multiple generations ago.

In 1939 half of the world did not know what toilet paper was. In 2021 people will fight to the death over it.

Basing the future on past memories is a woefully false plan against modern tyranny.

I once heard it said that the great failing of the American Military is that we always fight the current War based on the last war's technical expertise...

In World War I man would stand shoulder-to-shoulder as though they were facing musket fire not machine guns... as an example.

If the great Republic is to stand we must be ahead of the next War.

America has been engaged in a major war about every 15 or 20 years. That is a simple fact. This one has been forestalled for at least 40.

War is absolutely coming. Some will be prepared, but many will not be.

Edited by Cash is King (03/07/21 08:03 PM)

#1739268 - 03/08/21 09:17 AM Re: Comfort verses Courage [Re: Cash is King]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
a loss of dignity or freedom is far worse than death, what people went through in germany was not perserverance it was blind existance with no choices. They were herded like sheep and slaughtered, or suffered till freed, only some remained to continue with life, eventually those to would have died if not for the end of the war

Edited by imaduckin (03/08/21 09:24 AM)

#1739272 - 03/08/21 09:38 AM Re: Comfort verses Courage [Re: Cash is King]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
An example, the bar owner that shot the guy who attacked him. He lost everything and eventually killed himself. Did he have courage? He couldn't live without the level of comfort that he achieved, social and economic. That is why it is a false dichotomy.

People are animals and they behave as such. A person will achieve a certain amount of comfort in their lives, let's call this level Accustomed. Let's say there are 3 people where the level of Accustomed is different for each. Person A is subsistence, Person B is Luxury, Person C is between. A, B, C has Accustomed but none of the levels compare to the other. It does compare in the psychology of the person that lives it. If A moves up to B's level or B moves up to C's level they are, for awhile still able to move back down to the previous level of Accustomed. Once this time passes, the person will not accept a lower level of survival out of choice. They will be able to reset and B and C would be able to eventually accept the Accustomed at which A exists. However getting them there is a fight of survival, which means tooth and claw rather than bluster and bluff. That is why they fight over toilet paper. The accustomed level of comfort that people are defending. The only group of people that I can think of that can bounce between levels are entrepreneurs who start businesses, fail, start again, succeed, start again, fail, start again. How many poor people would give up their Obama phones without a fight? If you aren't willing to fight to the death over their phone, and they are willing, well you lost before you even took a swing.

The problem as I see it is the manipulative use of the brain's reward system with the need to be right which causes people to entrench in a belief and ignore all evidences to the contrary. This is also a survival instinct. People that tried new things sometimes died. If someone has no particular knowledge or opinion, they will accept whatever they hear as truth. They will entrench in this position regardless of contrary evidence. The harder the evidence is presented, the harder the person entrenches. That is probably the only place where I think you could make a case for courage vs comfort. The brain where it would be courage: questioning and learning vs comfort: stagnating in belief.

I often say this, "people can change, but people don't change." Sadly I am more right than wrong with that one. From a duality perspective, animal/spiritual, it is hard to determine which is animal action/instinct/programming and which might be something higher, especially from the outside. Without something higher, there is only the animal.

There is already a war but it might never be a shooting war. It is a psychological war and may become an economic one, and it has been happening for a very, very long time.

Welcome back from your VAGT vacation.

#1739289 - 03/08/21 10:26 AM Re: Comfort verses Courage [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Thanks A_S.

You are not wrong in any of what you said.

In layman terms there has been a blending of want and need... for a tremendously long time.

To that point I would argue that "want and need" have become synonymous with the vast majority of people...

As a parallel, there used to be news... and there were soap operas. Then there became reality TV. It would take a strong argument to claim that they are not all three the same now.

Your statement about fighting over toilet paper or holding onto incorrect ideological dogma... is excellent.

Where I would push the point beyond... is that since people can no longer discern between want and need... they simply demand what they are told to demand. Regardless if they even can use it.

ABS and all-wheel drive come to mind. People demand them but have no idea how they work because they've never used them. To elaborate, if you told the average Karen she would have better braking ability in a non-abs car that could potentially save her life and the life of her children, but she would have to learn how to properly apply non ABS brakes... she would be outraged.

It takes a hell of a lot of courage to say I do not know, please teach me. Coincidentally, in many ways that is the great faulting of this site.

Almost like the scene in Easy Rider where Jack Nicholson and Dennis Hopper are discussing freedom.

But alas I have diverged.

Every man must know his own Line in the Sand.

Drinking a bunch of beers with a Marine friend of mine he made the statement that Pain is weakness leaving the body.

I might argue that courage is fear leaving the soul.

P.S. There have been a few times where I've had to muster tremendous courage. Scared to death kinda stuff. The one thing I will say is that during and after... the euphoric "high" was unlike anything I have ever experienced before.

It may sound corny, but God absolutely rewards courage...

Edited by Cash is King (03/08/21 11:14 AM)