Who's Online
13 registered (BugMalmberg, jr45, Falkov, rebelfromva, rootsman, Mattchete, 270Rem, VALFE, Gnome, 2DG, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1740359 - 03/10/21 06:08 PM Looking to have old shotgun re-blued
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
I've got my FIL's old double barrel shotgun I'd like to have cleaned up for him. It is nothing special, just an old Ithaca, but has sentimental value to him. It has some minor pitting and the blueing is worn. Anyone local to the New Kent, Mechanicsville area able to clean it up and reblue it for a reasonable fee?

Thanks in advance!

#1740730 - 03/11/21 03:01 PM Re: Looking to have old shotgun re-blued [Re: ktyhawk]
MetroBluing Offline
Always Lurking

Loc: Va
City or County: Loudoun
I can tell you what you’re asking isn’t going to come cheap, just to let you know. Can’t just disassemble and toss into a hot bluing tank. Those chemicals will dissolve the solder holding the barrels together. Other bluing techniques will need to be used and all are very labor intensive hence the large price tag. Just thought you would like to know.

#1740752 - 03/11/21 04:05 PM Re: Looking to have old shotgun re-blued [Re: MetroBluing]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
Originally Posted By: MetroBluing
I can tell you what you’re asking isn’t going to come cheap, just to let you know. Can’t just disassemble and toss into a hot bluing tank. Those chemicals will dissolve the solder holding the barrels together. Other bluing techniques will need to be used and all are very labor intensive hence the large price tag. Just thought you would like to know.

That is the kind of info I need. Thank you.

#1741962 - 03/14/21 01:44 PM Re: Looking to have old shotgun re-blued [Re: ktyhawk]
P.W. Patterson Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Virginia, Roanoke
City or County: Roanoke
My buddy is a great gunsmith! Former Marine with an FFL and full service gunsmith. Check him out and tell him Pat Patterson sent you!

http://leatherneckgunsmithing.com/