Who's Online
9 registered (GeeQ, GunguyVA, NCBC, incideagent, Faron, CoolLogic, Matt69, 2 invisible), 4 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1742538 - 03/15/21 07:57 PM 9mm ammo
22today Offline
Single barrel

Loc: United States
City or County: WOODBRIDGE
I can buy 9mm target ammo for $17 a box of 50 albeit only 1 box at a time. Just bought some today. Ammo prices are going to return to normal if not already. Dont patronize these scalpers selling at $35 to $50 a box!

#1743771 - 03/18/21 06:17 PM Re: 9mm ammo [Re: 22today]
DRDinthe703 Offline
9mm Junkie

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ashland
Don't give them the satisfaction. Many have the inside scoop at Bass Pro/Cabelas as for when the trucks come in or go every day just to grab what they can and then turn around on here and try selling it for double, triple, or more. Their 100 round boxes come out to .28 cpr and they are trying to flip it for 3x, 4x, or 5x more! Capitalism is great but when you're trying to take advantage of others and not giving them the chance to buy that ammo, you're just being a D*(K.

This is a part of the problem. Why stores have set limits and online sales have pretty much gone away at those two stores. Those who actually want to shoot can't get it as easy.

Boycott any Herters ammo at least that you see on here because you know where it came from and how much they paid. They'll either stop posting, lower the price or keep it. They're not getting my money!

#1744092 - 03/19/21 01:27 PM Re: 9mm ammo [Re: 22today]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
Messy topic, I'll tread lightly.

I think the average joe that shoots a couple times a year isn't too impacted by paying a higher price for the convenience of having it when they want it and being able to shoot.

Those of us that have been in the gun world for a bit of time and especially those of us that shoot more often find spending the time (time = money remember) pays off with patience, luck and networking to get fair/decent deals.

But it takes TIME. How often do we keep checking the Ammo section or going to xyz website to find it out of stock again or priced too high again.

I coughed up $600 for 1000 rounds of 9mm recently...why...when I had "plenty" already? Because I don't want to run LOW and then HAVE to buy it at a higher price. I have usually picked up 9mm 11 or 12 cents for Tula/POF/reloads up to 20 cents a round for WWB, Federal, etc the normal stuff. Its an inflated price but I found that I would rather still keep shooting, still have fun, still stay sharp and still help other friends/fam shoot than just not shoot.

Having said that I tend to shoot more 22 now. To each their own.

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me

#1747058 - 03/26/21 05:52 PM Re: 9mm ammo [Re: 22today]
Hiimjimmeh Offline
Marksman

Loc: VA
City or County: Sterling
I am so tired of people actually profiting off this mess. The whole point of this forum is so buyers can get better prices than their LGS. Recently the website natchez was selling 1k round cases of cci blazer brass 9mm for $500 and the day after that sale (obviously it sold out in minutes) I started seeing them for sale on here for $700-$800, I bought one of these cases so i know for a fact all these people paid around $550-$560 after taxes and shipping. I really wish it wasn't against the rules to call out these **I VOTED FOR BIDEN**.