Who's Online
3 registered (Aaron95, corb56, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1752835 - 04/10/21 06:02 PM Milling 80% AR Lowers
p8riot Offline
Curmudgeon in a kilt

Loc: Chesterfield
City or County: Chesterfield
Before I go out and buy one, I would like to know if there are any gunsmiths or machine shops in the Richmond area that will mill 80% AR lowers.

#1752933 - 04/10/21 11:46 PM Re: Milling 80% AR Lowers [Re: p8riot]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
As I recall, some folks got in trouble for this years back. You are supposed to do it yourself, without engaging a commercial entity or something because they effectively become a manufacturer. That said, there are folks on this board that have a tremendous amount of machining experience, and I am sure they can point you in the right direction while still keeping everything legal.

#1752945 - 04/11/21 05:56 AM Re: Milling 80% AR Lowers [Re: ChrisC]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
Originally Posted By: ChrisC
As I recall, some folks got in trouble for this years back. You are supposed to do it yourself, without engaging a commercial entity or something because they effectively become a manufacturer. That said, there are folks on this board that have a tremendous amount of machining experience, and I am sure they can point you in the right direction while still keeping everything legal.

You are absolutely correct sir. He must do it himself. If a machine shop did the work on his behalf, they become the manufacturer and they'll be putting themselves into some very hot water. If he does it with guidance, that's different, and legal.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1753120 - 04/11/21 05:00 PM Re: Milling 80% AR Lowers [Re: p8riot]
p8riot Offline
Curmudgeon in a kilt

Loc: Chesterfield
City or County: Chesterfield
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a lot of hassle. Think I’ll pass.

Edited by p8riot (04/11/21 05:41 PM)

#1774974 - 06/15/21 06:41 PM Re: Milling 80% AR Lowers [Re: ChrisC]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

Loc: VA
City or County: Pulaski
Originally Posted By: ChrisC

I personally know someone that got in trouble for renting his mill out. He was selling the paperweights as well, which may have had something to do with it. But the ATF sent an undercover guy there, the undercover guy did all of the work while the guy I know was telling him what to do.
I guess what caused the problem was at the end, shop owner took it back and "cleaned it up".
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1775200 - 06/16/21 11:09 AM Re: Milling 80% AR Lowers [Re: rromeo]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
“I’m with the government, and I’m here to help”

Going after cartels is dirty and dangerous work, much easier to arrest American citizens for violating a technicality.