Who's Online
2 registered (Ohhh07, TheCourier), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1756216 - 04/20/21 08:27 PM Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new.
PTC911 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Powhatan
Anyone else seeing handguns posted for 40% above msrp?

A sweaty holster and a extra budget mag aren’t worth that much.

Edited by PTC911 (04/20/21 08:38 PM)

#1756222 - 04/20/21 08:57 PM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: PTC911]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
Tactical sweat though....came off of a real mall ninja-assasin-operator

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1756244 - 04/21/21 12:04 AM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: PTC911]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
Uncle Mike's holsters are 🔥 tho, adds an easy 20% - 30% to the value.

#1756391 - 04/21/21 01:04 PM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: a_s]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
This site has become insane with its prices. Since we have UBC law now I just go to a gun store and buy brand new, more often than not, for less than people are asking for used on this site. I just shake my head at the number of posts with 10+ bumps and no price reduction. You mean I can't expect people to give me $750 for a used Glock 17??????? hehe

God, I miss the old days of sanity and common sense.

#1756397 - 04/21/21 01:15 PM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: PTC911]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Winchester
True that…I wonder the same with reloading components. Late last year I spotted and ad for some reloading items I was interested in…they had been listed for a while as the “look” count was over 2k and already 3 pages. I drop him a line asking if he’ll take “X” for everything he had, I wasn’t low balling him, but I also wasn’t going to pay the prices he had it listed for…fair for him and fair for me…all parties win. Says nope “I know what I have, blah, blah, blah…”…looked earlier today, still has it.

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)

#1756592 - 04/22/21 12:12 AM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: ktyhawk]
vahnatai Offline
Double barrel

City or County: Loudoun
Originally Posted By: ktyhawk
This site has become insane with its prices. Since we have UBC law now I just go to a gun store and buy brand new, more often than not, for less than people are asking for used on this site. I just shake my head at the number of posts with 10+ bumps and no price reduction. You mean I can't expect people to give me $750 for a used Glock 17??????? hehe

God, I miss the old days of sanity and common sense.

Last year someone posted a standard G17 for $1,300. No gucci parts. Run of the mill, out of the box G17.

Nearly as bad as all the people trying to sell their 9mm ammo for a buck a round.

Edited by vahnatai (04/22/21 12:13 AM)

#1756710 - 04/22/21 10:07 AM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: PTC911]
13stars Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Charles city, Virginia
City or County: Charles city
It's NUTS I looked on ammoseek for primers and companies are trying to get crazy money for primers. That's like the guy on here trying to get 190$for 1k Tula primers. Until people stop paying these extreme prices there's no hope in sight. Hopefully Remington will ease the stress on the market but it will more than likely not help much. Boe Jiden is now the top gun/component salesman in the history of man...

#1756711 - 04/22/21 10:07 AM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: PTC911]
13stars Offline
Double barrel

How do I delete a double post?

Edited by 13stars (04/22/21 10:09 AM)

#1756725 - 04/22/21 10:44 AM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: PTC911]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
Sometime back, before the frenzy, a guy on here told me, he realized the price of guns was artifically high but that he could afford them because he was making lots of money. That was before the panic!

I predicted that when the government started handing out money, the price of everything would go up. Throw in a perceived shortage (TP, gas, food, guns, etc.) and most people will pay the asking price without hesitation.

#1756782 - 04/22/21 01:24 PM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: PTC911]
panic788 Offline
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Alexandria
If people are paying the prices that are being asked, isn't that the market working as a free and open market, AKA capitalism? The fact that people are asking the prices and it is selling, means that the market is there. I may not like it, but I'm also not buying at the higher prices. I will shoot what I have, what I can afford, and otherwise find hobbies that allow me to have a good time at a price I feel I can afford. Complaints against it seem to be anti-capitalist.

#1756800 - 04/22/21 02:51 PM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: panic788]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
Are they really selling? 10, 20+ bumps????

#1756878 - 04/22/21 07:00 PM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: PTC911]
panic788 Offline
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Alexandria
Not everything is selling for the inflated prices, of course, but complaining about it is still complaining about capitalism. The person selling can set whatever price and terms their hearts desire. The potential buyer can purchase or look elsewhere. I bumped an ad for a friends rifle and ammo package last year a number of times, and they sold on gunbroker for more money than was being asked here. I cant speak to any specific deals, but if it is overpriced to you, move on. Someone else may value it differently than you. That is the market.

#1756880 - 04/22/21 07:08 PM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: panic788]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
Originally Posted By: panic788
Not everything is selling for the inflated prices, of course, but complaining about it is still complaining about capitalism. The person selling can set whatever price and terms their hearts desire. The potential buyer can purchase or look elsewhere. I bumped an ad for a friends rifle and ammo package last year a number of times, and they sold on gunbroker for more money than was being asked here. I cant speak to any specific deals, but if it is overpriced to you, move on. Someone else may value it differently than you. That is the market.

Agree. I don’t like it when the government puts their thumb on the scale, as they’ve done by restricting background checks, but ultimately you are right and the market will adapt; it end ends up being self-limiting as it should be.

#1757863 - 04/25/21 04:25 PM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: PTC911]
13stars Offline
Double barrel

I mean what happened to all this sanctuary bull s? I thought the whole point was to tell black face to shove it where the sun don't shine? And once again here are the gun owners doing what they are told filling out 4473 on a ftf. What gives? Has anyone, I MEAN ANYONE, been charged? Even criminals?

#1759330 - 04/30/21 02:28 AM Re: Y’all seriously need to look at msrp of firearms new. [Re: 13stars]
vahnatai Offline
Double barrel

City or County: Loudoun
Originally Posted By: 13stars
I mean what happened to all this sanctuary bull s? I thought the whole point was to tell black face to shove it where the sun don't shine? And once again here are the gun owners doing what they are told filling out 4473 on a ftf. What gives? Has anyone, I MEAN ANYONE, been charged? Even criminals?

Passing sanctuary resolutions is just more dog and pony show. At the end of the day it's a meaningless gesture that won't negate anything that may pass.