Who's Online
2 registered (ratfink, 1 invisible), 8 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1771631 - 06/06/21 10:35 AM Selling M1 Garand. Is it a sin?
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
I have 2 M1 Garand because I always buy 2 of everything I like. I keep them in the safe as I only have 10 sealed tuna cans of the M2 Ball ammo and a half full opened can being used the last 10 years. They are in excellent condition for wartime rifle. I know one of them is WW2 era but haven’t check the second one I bougjt a few years later. Unfortunately, I bought them outside CMP program because it was suspended when I was coming up.

Is it considered a sin to sell M1 Garand when one doesn't need money for food and non-gun survival? I don’t see myself lugging a M1 Garand during American Tet Offensive as I have lighter options but it can certainly serve in that role if I am 20 years younger or I am on high ground sprinkling freedom seeds down field.

I do oil them twice annually and rotate them for the 3-rds salute barrage each Memorial Day, Independent Day, Veteran Day, George Washington’s Birthday, and Columbus Day.

#1771661 - 06/06/21 01:10 PM Re: Selling M1 Garand. Is it a sin? [Re: Jimmm]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
My view is it is better to sell a firearm to someone who will use it rather then have it sitting in my safe for years. I sold off all my 30/06 Garands but recently picked up a H&R in 308.

#1771975 - 06/07/21 10:32 AM Re: Selling M1 Garand. Is it a sin? [Re: Jimmm]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
It is getting used on ceremonial occasions right now and for the foreseeable future. I have no plan on selling and was just interested in what people think since not everyone consider money to be the answer for everything. Most people with Garand hoards them from CMP program to cash-in in the future. The lack of new factory M2 Ball ammo is a concern during shortages as idiots and gougers buying up everything; no one should have thousands of rds in .270, .243, and other calibers for guns they don’t even have. So any Garand going on sale at fair price will be scooped up by same flippers.

#1775953 - 06/19/21 07:00 AM Re: Selling M1 Garand. Is it a sin? [Re: nvcdl]
wscrst Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Staunton
Originally Posted By: nvcdl
My view is it is better to sell a firearm to someone who will use it rather then have it sitting in my safe for years. I sold off all my 30/06 Garands but recently picked up a H&R in 308.

I totally agree. If you see the smile on a happy buyer, it will be worth it. It always feels good when you sell something to someone who will really appreciate it. Cheers. -Dave

#1776317 - 06/20/21 10:13 AM Re: Selling M1 Garand. Is it a sin? [Re: Jimmm]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Henrico County
At one time I had 11 M1 Garand rifles in the safe and loved them all. The reality is I can only shoot one at a time and one day be too old to enjoy them. I sold all but one to folks who will enjoy them and carry on the tradition of owning a U.S Rifle to add to their collection. Is it a sin, nah! It is being a part of a group that love the rifle and the history behind it! Spread the love!!!