Who's Online
4 registered (HillBill, Alkristin, kccallstar, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1765379 - 05/18/21 09:13 PM GFR transfer fee? Any reasonable place around Quantico?
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
Had anyone used FFL service lately? They were $10 a few months ago and I told my friends about it. But I see on their website that it is $20/$15 for military/leo/1st responder and there is no price for lowly taxpaying civilians. I like to support small gun stores whenever I can and like to know if they still have competitor pricing to get people to come in to buy other things.

Also, is there any place charging $15 or less in the Quantico area?
Thanks.

#1765405 - 05/18/21 10:00 PM Re: GFR transfer fee? Any reasonable place around Quantico? [Re: Jimmm]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
Gander outdoors in Fredericksburg

#1766378 - 05/22/21 01:00 AM Re: GFR transfer fee? Any reasonable place around Quantico? [Re: jr45]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Originally Posted By: jr45
Gander outdoors in Fredericksburg

Gander is a rip-off. It advertises free transfer for good sam members to get people to sign up only to change the rule. Now it is $17 to transfer privately. They said it is free to transfer from FFL such as PSA but I don’t believe them because why would it cost less (free) when they have to accept delivery, contact buyers, and do paperwork when they charges $15 plus $2 vsp poll tax to do less work to transfer between parties.

I called GFR and they said it is still $10 to do private transfer. It is much further away and I know they don’t make money to do the a lot for $8 bit I will go there and buy something else at the store to help them out.

Gander can go to hell just like Remington.

#1766551 - 05/22/21 12:50 PM Re: GFR transfer fee? Any reasonable place around Quantico? [Re: Jimmm]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
The OP was about finding a place that offers the transfer service for $15 and Gander comes very close. Avoid S&G Tactical in Fredericksburg or Stafford as they charge $42 for the service.

#1766754 - 05/23/21 07:43 AM Re: GFR transfer fee? Any reasonable place around Quantico? [Re: Jimmm]
vicar Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Spotsylvania
I did a private sale transfer at Gander yesterday and since I was a Good Sam member it was free.

#1767424 - 05/25/21 12:28 AM Re: GFR transfer fee? Any reasonable place around Quantico? [Re: vicar]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Originally Posted By: vicar
I did a private sale transfer at Gander yesterday and since I was a Good Sam member it was free.

I had done transfers there both for free and for $17 fees by the same people. The kast two from several months ago they insisted it is $17 for Good Sam members and $32 for non-members. Maybe they don’t like Catholic owning guns because I showed them past receipts but they insisted it is free only if item came from FFL and not private sale. This is their shoot from the hip business practice that had the old gander closed, screwing over investors, previous employees, and many customers who bought their service contracts and extended warranties.

If there is a way to get their exact policy or proof they ahould only charge $2 poll tax for transfer for Good Sam members, that would be great but they cost me money the ladt two transactions. The last one I ended up selling my brand new Shield 9mm for $333 because I gave a marine a $25 discount once I found out he was a marine and offered to cover the fee because he is a young guy. That ended up costing me $17 instead of $2 and I ended up selling a brand new Shield for $333 when they were foing for $400 at Cabelas and GT before taxes.

I had to drive 5X the distance this past Saturday to GFR to do transfer because GFR’s $10 price includes the $2 poll tax and they don’t do bait and switch once you’re inside. I also got several mags at GFR while at it since their prices on certain mags are cheaper than gungunwarehouse and I don’t have to worry about shipping cost or lost since there are way too many solicitors knocking on doors and any of them can feel entitled to packages left out. Or delivery folks putting in wrong boxes as I had received things meant for other people and had to walk down there to give to rightly owners. And it feels good helping lgs and walk out with items.

gander is shady. They’ll go under again once the craze is over. They can’t afford tonpay all those employees and rent when they barely sale anything beside guns and ammo, which they don’t have much off nowadays.

#1767425 - 05/25/21 12:34 AM Re: GFR transfer fee? Any reasonable place around Quantico? [Re: jr45]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Originally Posted By: jr45
The OP was about finding a place that offers the transfer service for $15 and Gander comes very close. Avoid S&G Tactical in Fredericksburg or Stafford as they charge $42 for the service.

I heard so many bad things about S&G.

I will drive far to pay $10 at GFR and will buy something else there to make my trip worth it whenever needed. I also tell people about GFR as this place deserve our business. They are true mom and pop place and they do have ammo if anyone really needs it. Their ammo prices can be good for some and not so good for others. It is up to buyers to determine if they can justify paying more instead of hitting various stores to come up empty all the time. I personally wouldn’t pay for their 9mm beside a few times they had good sale for under $20 per box. Their AK ammo is actually very reasonable for today environment.

#1772606 - 06/08/21 09:26 PM Re: GFR transfer fee? Any reasonable place around Quantico? [Re: Jimmm]
wildbill Offline
Gun fool

Loc: stafford ,va
City or County: stafford
Originally Posted By: Jimmm
Had anyone used FFL service lately? They were $10 a few months ago and I told my friends about it. But I see on their website that it is $20/$15 for military/leo/1st responder and there is no price for lowly taxpaying civilians. I like to support small gun stores whenever I can and like to know if they still have competitor pricing to get people to come in to buy other things.

Thanks.

They are $10 private sale $20/15 is online transfer

#1773259 - 06/10/21 06:07 PM Re: GFR transfer fee? Any reasonable place around Quantico? [Re: wildbill]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Originally Posted By: wildbill
Originally Posted By: Jimmm

Thanks.

They are $10 private sale $20/15 is online transfer

Thanks. I did 3 private transfers with GFR now for $10 each even though they are 30+ mins away and Gander is 10 mins. Gander keeps changing their policy on the whim. I called today because I needed 6 items transferred and they said it is free. Then I said it was $15 + $2 poll taxes the last 2 times I came in and they said it is free for online order. That is just stupid because online order takes a lot more work.

GFR does charge extra for additional items on 4473. These poll taxes are driving me but.

UPS messed up my PSA order and sent the order back, which cost me shipping cost. Then PSA charge me shipping again to resend. All because ups driver couldn’t find the address.