Who's Online
18 registered (pratt, 2DG, Ayal, CowboyECHO, guns85, DanLfortheW, EagleEye6, Kimbershooter, PMOORE, NATIONALIST, 8 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1828955 - 11/30/21 07:13 AM Ammo Prices
Lucky7 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Richmond
Is it just me, or are some people still smoking crack with some of these asking prices. You can right now (at least in my area) walk into the store and buy any and all calibers with no purchase limit cheaper than most anything listed on here. Talking Federal 9mm $18.99 box, Federal .45 ACP $24.99 box, PMC (M80) .308 $16.99 box and those are just a few examples. Then you see listings on here like $37-$40 box .45 ACP (for FMJ) or steel cased 5.56 for $0.70 round confused you think who is buying this stuff for that price ? See cases of 5.56 listed for nearly $150 MORE on here than what you can buy them online with FREE shipping. I know, I don't have to buy it right and just keep scrolling....... Just never amazes me how the "Gun Community" talks about being a big family and then goes out and tries to gouge the crap out of his fellow man. I don't even wanna hear "but the market will bring" BS, if that's the case you better not be complaining of the price of gas, groceries or your ever rising electric bill.....because "the market will bring" right.....
I'm not saying this stuff for myself because I have enough ammo already, just sucks seeing people getting into shooting and gun ownership (which is a good thing right) and watching them being taken advantage of "because the market will bring" and they don't know any better (especially women who are 1st time gun owners).
In the end it's YOUR ammo and YOU can ask whatever YOU want for it 2c

Edited by Lucky7 (11/30/21 07:15 AM)

#1828966 - 11/30/21 08:30 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
My guess is that you have a number of folks who bought at the peak of panic prices and are trying to recoup their money. That isn't going to happen but they can try.

#1828977 - 11/30/21 09:08 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Winchester
Same thing with reloading components…people listing primers for $100+ per 1k, when you can go to Ballistic Products and get Cheddite 209 primers for $40 per 1k…yes you must pay a hazmat fee and yes, the price is higher than what they were last year, but if you purchase a case (5k) you could sell what you don’t need or just hang on to them. $100+ for primers…people are fricken nuts…I hope they never sell and loose they **I'M AN IDIOT**.

You are correct about gun people should be helping out there fellow man…only if they can rake them across the coals first to get the money…

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)

#1828978 - 11/30/21 09:10 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

Edited by GE_Minigun (11/30/21 09:10 AM)

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)

#1829082 - 11/30/21 02:19 PM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: GE_Minigun]
Lucky7 Offline
Double barrel

I've seen primers go for $1 apiece which is mind boggling a person would pay that.

#1829298 - 12/01/21 06:57 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
The $2 per round for Buckshot has me scratching my head. As mentioned earlier, checking the local retailers and online, they can be found for less than $1 each or just over $1 per round for less common gauges. With the exception of one odd caliber, I’m glad I bought deep when prices were low. The good news, more decent priced ammo are starting to be listed here in some cases.

#1829305 - 12/01/21 07:15 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

City or County: Pulaski
When Cheaper Than Dirt is actually cheaper than your ammo, there's a problem.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1829451 - 12/01/21 02:46 PM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: rromeo]
Lucky7 Offline
Double barrel

muttley

#1830271 - 12/04/21 07:00 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
Lucky7 Offline
Double barrel

And for the love of God can people STOP trying to sell steel cased and aluminum cased ammo for MORE than brass cased stuff......

#1830871 - 12/05/21 06:43 PM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
Hiimjimmeh Offline
Marksman

City or County: Sterling
it annoys the ever living F*** out of me that there are people on here trying to pawn off their pandemic bought ammo for what they paid for it during that time. You know who you are because those idiots post in the for sale section every darn day and keep bumping til the end of time.

#1831165 - 12/06/21 05:16 PM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

City or County: Pulaski
Sometimes they bought it cheaper, but think since they bought out their local Walmart, that everyone else doesn't realize that 22 ammo is available for half of what they're asking.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1831759 - 12/08/21 01:20 PM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
Texasflyboy Offline
"$5 for all answers to Shoutbox questions"

Loc: Falls Church, Va
City or County: Falls Church

#1831976 - 12/09/21 06:32 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Texasflyboy]
Lucky7 Offline
Double barrel

Originally Posted By: Texasflyboy

Does that same logic apply to people who are starving and homeless after a natural disaster like a hurricane ?
I know you're thirsty, I've got bottled water for $20 a bottle and pop tarts for $50 a pack.....oh gasoline, you'll have to trade your wife for that.

#1832037 - 12/09/21 08:43 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

Depends upon what the wife looks like...

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)

#1832141 - 12/09/21 02:10 PM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: GE_Minigun]
Lucky7 Offline
Double barrel

Originally Posted By: GE_Minigun
Depends upon what the wife looks like...

muttley

#1832156 - 12/09/21 02:52 PM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
gobroncos Offline
Big and Dumb

Loc: Roanoke, VA
City or County: Roanoke
Originally Posted By: Lucky7
Originally Posted By: Texasflyboy

Does that same logic apply to people who are starving and homeless after a natural disaster like a hurricane ?
I know you're thirsty, I've got bottled water for $20 a bottle and pop tarts for $50 a pack.....oh gasoline, you'll have to trade your wife for that.

Natural disaster would be entirely different. Currently there is no "disaster" where ammo is a daily necessity for life. There's plenty of fear mongering and rabbit hole conspiracies to play whack a mole with ... no life threating disaster. Just unprepared folks late to the party as usual crying about prices of items they failed to get when prices were cheaper.

I don't give a flying bat turd what anyone prices their ammo at. I don't NEED it.

.... and I sure as hell don't want any more wives!! wink

#1833345 - 12/13/21 01:29 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
People who stockpiled ammo are the little pig who built his house of bricks. People complaining that they cant afford ammo are the pigs that built their house of straw. I'm the pig who built his house of sticks in that I did not stockpile enough! I don't think prices are ever gonna go back close to what they were in 2019.

#1833774 - 12/14/21 09:47 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

There’s a HUGE difference between someone that stockpiled ammo for their shooting needs and the **I'M AN IDIOT** that stockpiled a million rounds and only shoot a box every year to sight in the hunting rifle…HUGE difference. It’s those **I'M AN IDIOT** that can wither up and die. I shoot with a couple guys that are really hurting for ammo, we shoot together 1-2x per week couple hundred rounds each and have been doing it for 10 years or more. They can find ammo, but it’s costing them…a lot. I help them out when I can and where I can, but it hurts all involved. If people would have just purchased the way they have been for most of their shooting life we wouldn’t be in the situation we’re in now, if you think otherwise, your nuts.

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)

#1833835 - 12/14/21 01:22 PM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: toughtom12]
g-shooter Offline
Great at putting the worm on the hook!!

Loc: NoVa
City or County: Alexandria
Originally Posted By: toughtom12
People who stockpiled ammo are the little pig who built his house of bricks. People complaining that they cant afford ammo are the pigs that built their house of straw. I'm the pig who built his house of sticks in that I did not stockpile enough! I don't think prices are ever gonna go back close to what they were in 2019.

Well said. FYI, everyone may want to have 200 lbs. of rice and beans, with $500 in canned goods and a couple hundred gallons of water. Under $1,000 or an AR-15, but will actually sustain you. Be the pic with the brick house. Remember the grocery stores during our little COVID event...... hopefully that's as bad as we will ever see it, but I doubt it. Buy it cheap, stack it deep!!

If you are a Leader without followers you aren't leading...you are taking a walk.

#1834116 - 12/15/21 11:09 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
FastEddy Offline
Lost some weight since this pic ;)

City or County: Dumfries AKA Dumpies
Like a lot of folks here, I guess, I check Active Topics each morning. I see the same old seller trying to pawn .22 at Covid prices mad Cabby’s had Winchester white-box (plated) 333’s at 22.95 last week, and he’s trying to get $40+ for a similar-sized box. I am not perfect, but I am sure not going to hitch my earn-a-living wagon on selling ammo on a firearms forum. That said, he probably bought a truckload of it at early Covid prices and now realizes he’s going to get taken to the cleaners.

#1835536 - 12/19/21 05:03 PM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: FastEddy]
Hiimjimmeh Offline
Marksman

City or County: Sterling
unfortunately there are new shooters joining this site everyday and theres going to be the chance that someone naïve enough will buy it. I really wish there was a better way to spread awareness than just commenting in the forums section as I'm sure a lot of members only look at the "for sale" sections of this forum and no where else. That said, it's not just ammo either, guns especially I have seen people overestimating their worth either because they overpaid or they don't understand depreciation from being used or what have you. It irritates me to no end.

#1843874 - 01/14/22 09:04 AM Re: Ammo Prices [Re: Lucky7]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

Ok have another one…guy on here posted some stuff I’m interested in. During the conversation he mentions he has loaded ammo that me and another guy I know would be interested in, so I ask his price…tells me to make an offer. I do a quick look at a place I visited couple weeks back for lead shot and wads…they’re selling the ammo for $115 per case, I make the offer at $100…guy passes…says Walmart is selling it for $17 per box. I send him the link to the place, just to see if he might change his mind…crickets. Only reason I didn’t purchase the ammo when I picked up the shot…I didn’t have the extra cash and didn’t think they’d have any…thinking about making a run up in a month or so.

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)