Who's Online
13 registered (much ado, GreenArrow08, Dave1978, Cinead, HMB123, CrispyPickle, Dlsims, ken792, GStar122, ErenJaeger, BenAndersen, loomey4320, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1891371 - 05/25/22 11:33 AM Recommendations for selling a decent sized gun collection?
Wojownik Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Northern VA
City or County: Fairfax / Loudoun
It's time to radically thin the herd. I'll likely post a few things here on the site (ammo, accessories), but to sell of a fair number of rifles and handguns, it might make more sense to consign and go through an auction site (working extended hours, just don't have time to sell one by one).

So, any thoughts on a decent FFL in NoVA that can help with milsurp and modern? I tried Vienna Arsenal, but after the sale we had a major discrepancy over numbers after the auctions closed (the percentages did not add up). Anyway ...

Just looking for someone solid, reliable, etc ...

#1891372 - 05/25/22 11:43 AM Re: Recommendations for selling a decent sized gun collection? [Re: Wojownik]
BUFF Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Woodbridge
I consign with Outdoor Arms (Ryan Wilson) who is in Burke. Very reasonable consignment fee, he does all the work to list here and on other sites to get greater exposure. His process is seamless and always my go to - I am more than a happy customer.

His website can be found at this link and he also has a few active posts going right now: Outdoor Arms

Hope this helps you.

#1891619 - 05/26/22 02:02 AM Re: Recommendations for selling a decent sized gun collection? [Re: Wojownik]
Infamous Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Springfield
I’d just share the list of guns you want gone on here first. Tell people to work with your schedule when it comes to transfers.

#1891634 - 05/26/22 07:24 AM Re: Recommendations for selling a decent sized gun collection? [Re: Wojownik]
hkprofection Offline
NO COMPROMISE

City or County: Hanover
You’d have to travel some, but Green Top Sporting Goods will purchase entire estates

#1892323 - 05/28/22 08:41 AM Re: Recommendations for selling a decent sized gun collection? [Re: Wojownik]
RobN Offline
Addicted

Loc: Newport News
City or County: Newport News
Cabelas in Gainesville will buy collections, but will undercut you on price. Vienna Arsenal may buy the collection at a slightly better price than Cabelas, but you can also consign with them and they post everything up on GunBroker and handle the sale from there.

#1892339 - 05/28/22 09:12 AM Re: Recommendations for selling a decent sized gun collection? [Re: Wojownik]
Ratgun Offline
RATGUN APPROVED!!!!!

City or County: Vienna
We always buy guns....always.

#1892342 - 05/28/22 09:25 AM Re: Recommendations for selling a decent sized gun collection? [Re: Wojownik]
Ratgun Offline
RATGUN APPROVED!!!!!

City or County: Vienna
Did you really have a discrepancy over numbers? we have contracts to take care of that issue and i have an E-commerse manager i can YELL at is he upsets my customers. We have consigned so many guns that we are a top 100 seller on Gun broker and never have I heard of someone feeling "wronged" about their consignment. In fact, because as a top 100 seller the majority of our consigned guns sell for surprisingly higher prices than our customers think they will. The analytics change as you become a top seller and we cross post on national sites as well. Besides, I ALWAYS make things right. Period. If you really have an issue, I'd love to figure it out with you and make it right. I posted it for all to see because my reputation is everything and I don't want misunderstanding. Please let me know what the issue is so I can look into it. My personal # is 703-725-4297. that's not the store number. that's my DIRECT number.

#1893383 - 05/31/22 06:00 PM Re: Recommendations for selling a decent sized gun collection? [Re: Wojownik]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192

Right on Mr. A

Contact him. He will make it right

#1903176 - 06/30/22 11:20 PM Re: Recommendations for selling a decent sized gun collection? [Re: BUFF]
BeijingBiden Offline
Chief "Vaccine" Pusher / Anti-MAGA Pedo Warmonger

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Tysons
Originally Posted By: BUFF
I consign with Outdoor Arms (Ryan Wilson) who is in Burke. Very reasonable consignment fee, he does all the work to list here and on other sites to get greater exposure. His process is seamless and always my go to - I am more than a happy customer.

His website can be found at this link and he also has a few active posts going right now: Outdoor Arms

Hope this helps you.

Ryan has sold a few of my firearms. I highly recommend!
My favorite Call of Duty ever: https://bit.ly/3FY8xfl