Who's Online
10 registered (much ado, loomey4320, PaulH, John12, wrickster, fsumach, GrantG, 3 invisible), 11 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1961778 - 12/19/22 06:28 AM All Sales down here
Willee51 Offline
One shot, one kill..

Loc: Bedford County
City or County: Forest, VA
At 75yo, I've been around here for years, bought and sold items and "always" a Pleasant experience!!

However, in my "Personal Opinion", it seems that once a Law was passed that all private gun sales go thru an FFL, seems VAguntrader sales have about dried up.

I do not think sales are down due to asking price, as you can generally barter a bit with sellers,nor do I feel cost of living has a negative affect.

Interested in your opinion!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the GunTrader Family.

Edited by Willee51 (12/19/22 06:30 AM)

#1961817 - 12/19/22 08:31 AM Re: All Sales down here [Re: Willee51]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Winchester
I haven’t been on here long, but one thing I’ve noticed with this site over all other I’m on…this one is by far the WORSE for communication from the posters. I’ve probably contacted a dozen or more people for various items, guns, ammo or accessories and after a couple back and forth…crickets from them. I get you may have sold it, but drop a message…sorry it’s sold, I’m a grown man…I’ll look for another. Contacted a guy with a P30, mentioned I had a couple guns to sell before I could pick it up and I would contact him to see if he still had it when mine sold…couple weeks later mine sold, I contact him about meeting somewhere between us…crickets…been three weeks, I’ve moved on. I can go on, but I’ll stop here…

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)

#1962008 - 12/19/22 09:19 PM Re: All Sales down here [Re: GE_Minigun]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
OP, to answer your question, the UBC law has dramatically changed this site for the worse. I have missed out on several deals I would have easily jumped in the car and driven to meet but having to find and schedule a FFL with the other party makes it a PITA.

#1962053 - 12/20/22 06:43 AM Re: All Sales down here [Re: ktyhawk]
Willee51 Offline
One shot, one kill..

Loc: Bedford County
City or County: Forest, VA
Originally Posted By: ktyhawk
OP, to answer your question, the UBC law has dramatically changed this site for the worse. I have missed out on several deals I would have easily jumped in the car and driven to meet but having to find and schedule a FFL with the other party makes it a PITA.

-----------
My Friend I agree 100%. The 'Powers That BE" are chippng away at our 2nd Amendment Rights!

#1962149 - 12/20/22 11:14 AM Re: All Sales down here [Re: Willee51]
Rogpog Offline
Grandpoobar

Loc: "The plains"
City or County: Fauqier county
It has drastically changed the level of deals this private sales delima. It has hurt me for sure. Miss the old days
The only way I can see value in our 'off work' time is to go back to work, punch the clock on your time off...actually get paid for the time you would otherwise allot to handloading...that would be a value...but, you prolly wouldn't shoot as much.

#1962867 - 12/22/22 04:28 PM Re: All Sales down here [Re: ktyhawk]
Bcmgunfighter Offline
Not all ARs are created equal...

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Rochelle
Originally Posted By: ktyhawk

Same here…
DD Lite Rail II 14

MY DO NOT DEAL LIST
smilewhenIshoot - “There is zero evidence of voter fraud”
Manwich23 - supports Chinese/US power grid
JiveBunny
Downhillshot
Alwaystrading
dcarms - ATF CUCK

#1966266 - 01/02/23 08:35 PM Re: All Sales down here [Re: Willee51]
Richards Offline
Richardb

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Powhatan
Definitely changed for the worse. I wish this law would be gotten rid of. Seems like we have the numbers now?