Who's Online
11 registered (Dave1978, big_lu_lu, tmygun, BillofRights, cadi86, CWL54, 5 invisible), 13 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1968006 - 01/07/23 09:07 PM Beware of Dougf_13
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: PWC
I replied to his ad where he was selling a CZ. He listed it at 350 OBO, so i made an offer of 320.
He asked if i was interested, i replied yes.
Asked him when he's available and sent him my number. No answer.
He read the messages I sent but would not reply.
Even after he apparently sold to someone else, still not even a courtesy reply to say he sold it. Leads you on, then wont respond.

Do not deal with this guy. Wish we had a better screening process for flakes selling on here.

After further discussion with him, he tells me someone offered him the full 350. that's great! i would have also matched that had he given me the chance to - or at least be courteous enough to send a reply when we were already engaged in conversation. Instead he chose to ignore.

When you list an item with "OBO", that indicates that you are not FIRM on exact price. If you're looking for a bidding war, then you should list the item on Gunbroker instead of leading folks on.

He claims no ill intent, but I literally sent messages to him pursuing the sale, but he would read them (in a timely manner mind you) and not reply.

#1968383 - 01/08/23 08:43 PM Re: Beware of Dougf_13 [Re: dcarms]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192

Extra mod work

yay!

Originally Posted By: dcarms
Replied to his ad for a CZ.
He asked if i was interested, i replied yes.
Asked him when he's available and sent him my number. No answer.
He read the messages I sent but would not reply.
Even after he apparently sold to someone else, still not even a courtesy reply to say he sold it. Leads you on, then wont respond.

Do not deal with this guy. Wish we had a better screening process for flakes selling on here.

Originally Posted By: dcarms
replied to his ad, he responds and asks if I'm still interested, to which I reply yes and try to set up a time/place, then he ignores all messages (maybe he doesn't know we can tell when they are read). ends up selling to someone else.
DO NOT deal with confidence. Dirt bag seller.

[quote=Dougf_13]
I hate doing this but unfortunately this individual wanted to leave me a negative review because I didn't sell him my firearm. I asked 350 he offered me 320. Unfortunately for him someone else offered full asking price.
This is the message he sent me:
:wow dude, you're how can i say it nicely...a di ck
literally lead me on asking if i'm interested, then read my messages and ignore as I wait for you to reply."

And this was my response:

"I'm seriously Sorry dude, I wasn't trying to be a d! ck at all. At no point did I ever say I would hold it for you or progress the transaction with you but someone offered me asking price, You offered me 320. You inquired about it and I had the better part of a dozen people that I've been in communication with similar to you. I really wasnt trying to screw you over in any way shape or form. You offered 320 he said 350 and he was the only one to do so. Like I said in the post $350 obo. I made no commitment to you what so ever. Honestly what would you have done if you were me. Like I said I'm trying to fund another buy and every dollar matters."

Judge our non transaction as you will but there was no ill intent on my behalf

#1968385 - 01/08/23 08:49 PM Re: Beware of Dougf_13 [Re: dcarms]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
THIS IS NOT WHAT THE FEEDBACK SECTION IS FOR !!!

#1968406 - 01/08/23 10:55 PM Re: Beware of Dougf_13 [Re: dcarms]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: PWC
ok i'll bite....
what is the FEEDBACK section for if not feedback based on experiences with other users here?

Says:
Use the "NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" forum above for "less than positive" feedback.

For a "positive" pat-on-the-back comment go to the members profile and leave a comment. (my bad that was addressed by LJ already)