Who's Online
8 registered (msweeden, Ianmcall, Chingon, Tm965, zgarete94, SgtSquishySquash, dana_bp, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1972801 - 01/20/23 08:03 PM URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr
6watcher Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia - Spotsy
City or County: Fredericksburg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=DggOmUXxVWY

Watch and learn, you are being setup to fail, mark my words.

#1972845 - 01/20/23 10:31 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: PWC
I hope you're wearing your aluminum foil hat too so the NSA doesnt steal your brainwaves. hehe

#1972847 - 01/20/23 10:34 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

Also, maybe you should read the rule yourself (and actually understand it) before trying to get people all riled up for nothing.
YouTube isn't always the best resource for everything. Unless your the type that thinks wikipedia is legit.

#1972937 - 01/21/23 07:33 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1973033 - 01/21/23 11:02 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

Note: If you don't qualify to own NFA items in the first place, then of course you'll end up in trouble. I mean seriously. If you're a prohibited person who owns an AR pistol with a brace, which is VERY common nowadays since the release of 80% items, then you DEFINITELY will not get approved. But why call it a trap?

If you already own NFA items, then there should be no reason to not get approved (provided no new criminal history). If you dont get approved, you can still appeal.

The 88 day rule has always been there. Even when you buy a suppressor. If the FBI does not complete the background check within 88 days, NFA will deny you. The 88 day thing is not something new for the pistol brace ban - always been like that for all items under NFA.

#1973042 - 01/21/23 11:16 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: dcarms]
6watcher Offline
Bolt action

@dcarms

I’m not getting anybody riled up sir, they are free thinking individuals and can make their own minds up. The video was presented in the investigative form from an attorney (a very good one at that) I have faith in what he presented and the actions of the ATF on any day isn’t always above board. So as a free and able citizen, do as you wish and bless your heart…

#1973047 - 01/21/23 11:23 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: dcarms]
6watcher Offline
Bolt action

Originally Posted By: dcarms
Also, maybe you should read the rule yourself (and actually understand it) before trying to get people all riled up for nothing.
YouTube isn't always the best resource for everything. Unless your the type that thinks wikipedia is legit.

I’ve read the rule thoroughly sir, and you?? Did you not spot the the encumbrance?? Shame you didn’t mention it anywhere, armchair somewhere else.
Your words breech insulting and this group isn’t made up for that, you sir are an **I'M AN IDIOT**!!!

#1973048 - 01/21/23 11:25 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: dcarms]
6watcher Offline
Bolt action

Bwaahhhahahhahahahhha!

#1973059 - 01/21/23 12:03 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
KendrasEdge757 Offline
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

City or County: Isle Of White, Smithfield
Lol @ GOA scaring people. This video was also done by legally armed America prior to this video. What’s “SCARY” is the ATF making laws and forcing registration. You’d think by the replies that you posted some ‘Q’ video smh some people’s kids.

....A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed...

#1973082 - 01/21/23 01:10 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

#1973085 - 01/21/23 01:13 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

LOL right. Cause we should all listen to lawyers who do nothing but literally lie for a living.

Im sure plenty of lawyers hope people dont comply if the rule stands - that means they get a crap ton of new clients.
See how that works?
You think lawyers give you good advice when you aren't a client? T

#1973086 - 01/21/23 01:14 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

And GOA LOVESSSSSSSSSSSSS times like these. Controversy means donations to them. They dont give a rats booty about your rights...but just keep sending those checks!!

#1973091 - 01/21/23 01:18 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

also amusing that most people that claim it's a trap more than likely own ZERO NFA items.

9/10 people i know that own NFA items (1 or more) have no issue with the rule if it stands...means free stamps.

Again, it CANT BE A TRAP IF YOU GET DENIED FOR BEING A PROHIBITED PERSON. You weren't supposed to have it in the first place.

#1973098 - 01/21/23 01:39 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: dcarms]
Bcmgunfighter Offline
Not all ARs are created equal...

City or County: Rochelle

9/10 people i know that own NFA items (1 or more) have no issue with the rule if it stands...means free stamps.

That’s pathetic and shameful.
So you’re friends with the, “This new, UNCONSTITUTIONAL, “Law” doesn’t effect me, so I don’t care” crowd. PATHETIC.
DD Lite Rail II 14

MY DO NOT DEAL LIST
smilewhenIshoot - “There is zero evidence of voter fraud”
Manwich23 - supports Chinese/US power grid
JiveBunny
Downhillshot
Alwaystrading
dcarms - ATF CUCK

#1973110 - 01/21/23 02:08 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: dcarms]
KendrasEdge757 Offline
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

FYI They’re actually required by law to collect the $200 tax so There won’t be any “free tax stamps”. This is all for registration. You probably didn’t care about the bump stock ban either cuz “who needs a bump stock” right. Are you a fed? Or maybe just a fud. Those are all rhetorical by the way. Can’t believe anyone pro-2ND would make such ridiculous statements.

....A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed...

#1973154 - 01/21/23 03:45 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
Lastlaugh Offline
Appalachian American

Loc: Poquoson, VA
City or County: Poquoson
It is strange that a new member is going so far out of his way to try and convince the rest of us that we should trust the ATF, and that the Rule itself, (not to mention all the confirmation from GOA, and several other lawyers who do this for a living) is wrong. He's been loosing it in the shout box also, doing the same thing. He tries to link his comments back to the Rule, but cant seem to get any of the page numbers right, even after I linked the damn Rule from the ATF's website.

The facts remain, The ATF has said they consider this rule to be "immediately enforceable", and that if you are not approved in the 88 day time period they will "initiate enforcement action". Also, everyone knows how slow the FBI was at doing background checks. The FBI has now refused to do them for the ATF, meaning they have to do all the checks themselves. There are estimated to be over 40 MILLION braces in possession. Even if only 1/4 of those file paperwork, there is no way in hell they will finish them in the 120 day period, much less the 88 day required by law. Which brings me back to the ATF's own comments I listed above.

It is absolutely a trap.

#1973156 - 01/21/23 03:56 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
K31fan Offline
Ocean Water Drinker

City or County: Loudoun County
100% the whole thing is to entrap otherwise law abiding citizens. How anyone can trust an agency that murdered 26 kids just to prove their agency was needed while trying to catch one dude to not be frothing at the mouth to put regular citizens to the proverbial sword is beyond me.

If you're so keen on trusting .gov agencies that have been given sovereign immunity to not just take the easy route and kill you rather than prosecute millions of people in court, well hopefully your life insurance policy is a good one.

#1973171 - 01/21/23 04:51 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
GOA is a great group - very helpful in early days of VCDL.

Hold onto your braced pistols - I predict ATF will lose in court as they have totally flip-flopped on their own brace rulings. Pretty ridiculous for them to approve individual braces and then try to claim they were wrong and they are really stocks.

#1973202 - 01/21/23 05:52 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
KendrasEdge757 Offline
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Yeah this will most definitely be tossed out not only because of their own flipping, but because of previous court precedent stating that an executive branch agency cannot make laws, sorry ‘rules’, that allow for prison sentences and extreme fines. That’s what a law is, not a “rule”.
As far as this post is concerned, GOA is only showing yet ANOTHER issue with this “293 page rule” banning braces, as they’ve previously approved, just to force a registration by ignorant Americans just filing the papers admitting they have an SBR and expecting a “free” tax stamp. Another issue, they’re required by law to collect the tax of $200 per part/receiver etc. I’m hoping Congress will will use their 90 day thing to put an end to this. It will most definitely be ended. Question is whether it will be in the very near future or in a few years by the courts, if an emergency hearing isn’t requested and granted prior to this completely arbitrary “120 days time frame”. Time will tell.

#1973220 - 01/21/23 06:55 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: Bcmgunfighter]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

So i guess you were out there in protest when the 80% rule went into effect?

Or how about when bump stocks were banned? Were you raging in the streets?

Yea. Didnt think so.

#1973223 - 01/21/23 06:59 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: Lastlaugh]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

Originally Posted By: Lastlaugh
It is strange that a new member is going so far out of his way to try and convince the rest of us that we should trust the ATF, and that the Rule itself, (not to mention all the confirmation from GOA, and several other lawyers who do this for a living) is wrong. He's been loosing it in the shout box also, doing the same thing. He tries to link his comments back to the Rule, but cant seem to get any of the page numbers right, even after I linked the damn Rule from the ATF's website.

The facts remain, The ATF has said they consider this rule to be "immediately enforceable", and that if you are not approved in the 88 day time period they will "initiate enforcement action". Also, everyone knows how slow the FBI was at doing background checks. The FBI has now refused to do them for the ATF, meaning they have to do all the checks themselves. There are estimated to be over 40 MILLION braces in possession. Even if only 1/4 of those file paperwork, there is no way in hell they will finish them in the 120 day period, much less the 88 day required by law. Which brings me back to the ATF's own comments I listed above.

It is absolutely a trap.

Jesus dude....read and comprehend, dont just read.

It's immediately enforceable for 01 and 07 FFL's - they cant transfer or manufacture any braced pistols as of date of publication. they also have 60 days to get any inventory in "compliance". EVERYONE ELSE has the 120 days.

#1973224 - 01/21/23 07:02 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

page 14

The Department has determined that, as a matter of its own enforcement discretion, it will not, as the NPRM suggested as an option, require individuals and FFLs without an SOT that timely register their affected weapons with a “stabilizing brace,” which are in their possession as of the date this rule is published, to pay the $200 making tax usually due upon submission of such an application to register. Likewise, Type 7 FFLs (regardless of SOT status) that timely register the weapons with a “stabilizing brace” that qualify as an NFA firearm and that are still in their inventory—i.e., that have not been sold or otherwise transferred—will not owe any making tax for these weapons. Furthermore, the Department has determined that, as a matter of its own enforcement discretion, it will not seek to collect retroactive taxes (i.e., $200 making or $200 transfer tax) typically required for each weapon with a “stabilizing brace” that qualifies as an NFA firearm that was manufactured or transferred at any time prior to the date of the publication of this final rule. See section V.C.
Notwithstanding the 120-day compliance period, discussed above, the rule is immediately effective in that the Department may seek to enforce the NFA’s requirements with respect to any new making or new transfer of a weapon with an attached “stabilizing brace” that constitutes a short-barreled rifle under the NFA. The Department believes that delaying enforcement of the relevant NFA provisions is not necessary to allow an equitable opportunity for compliance because all persons, through publication of this rule, have received notice that the NFA may in fact apply to their conduct. Further delaying enforcement also would be inconsistent with public safety.

Therefore, ATF may enforce the NFA against any person or entity that—any time after the publication date of this rule—newly makes or transfers a weapon with an attached “stabilizing brace”
that constitutes a short-barreled rifle under the NFA. For purposes of the Congressional Review Act, however, the Department will wait to actually initiate such enforcement actions for at least 60 days from publication of the rule in the Federal Register. See 5 U.S.C. 801(a)(3).

#1973225 - 01/21/23 07:02 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

"newly makes or transfers a weapon with an attached “stabilizing brace”

#1973321 - 01/21/23 11:37 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: dcarms]
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Ffx County unfortunately

facepalm facepalm facepalm

Why are you always smiling?" "Because it's all so **I'M AN IDIOT** hysterical."

Chitty chitty bang bang

#1973322 - 01/21/23 11:47 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
Lastlaugh Offline
Appalachian American

Loc: Poquoson, VA
City or County: Poquoson
I'm guessing he's a brand new FFL.(and he thinks he's the only one here it seems). Probably thinks he has a "good relationship" with an ATF agent. He will find out the hard way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >