Who's Online
8 registered (ChewbaccaBeast, cadi86, merlint325, XX44075, dwg2116, 3 invisible), 11 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1961973 - 12/19/22 07:05 PM Nova Gun Show Poll
Bullet41 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Dumfries
City or County: Prince William County
Is it just me or does anyone else miss the Dale City Gun Show or something smaller than the current local ones?

While the larger shows draw the crowds and bring in a wide range of dealers, the costs and competition leaves little room for truly small mom & pop types. In many ways, it would be better to have sort of a small swap meet like atmosphere where there are a few FFLs on site to facilitate the mandatory paperwork for sales and also be able to sell their guns too. That way, home based FFLs can get more eyes/hands on their products and local people with items they'd like to sell can congregate. This type of set up done quarterly in my opinion would be a good thing for the area.

What do you you think about something like this being set up?
Small Venue Gun Show
Only one choice allowed (13 total votes)
You would visit/participate in something like this. - 11 (85%)
You would not visit/participate in something like this. - 2 (15%)
Voting on this poll ends: 12/31/22 07:05 PM

Bullet 41, LLC
Email: patrick_moses@bullet41.com

IYAAYAS

#1965830 - 01/01/23 03:18 PM Re: Nova Gun Show Poll [Re: Bullet41]
Bullet41 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Dumfries
City or County: Prince William County
Thanks to all that cast a vote in this poll. The sample size is mush smaller than I expected, as most of the time member are quite vocal. It was worth a shot to gauge the atmosphere.

Edited by Bullet41 (01/01/23 03:20 PM)
Edit Reason: Added context

Bullet 41, LLC
Email: patrick_moses@bullet41.com

IYAAYAS

#1973307 - 01/21/23 10:19 PM Re: Nova Gun Show Poll [Re: Bullet41]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: PWC
the old shows at the Dale City VFW were put on by Showmasters.

I could be mistaken, but I think the VFW put at end to that. Last one i went to there was around 2016ish.

A gun show has to be coordinated thru with State Police in order for FFL's to be able to sell there. Non sanctioned shows are a no-go and could land dealers in hot water.

Would be nice if they brought that one back though...but honestly they wont since it was a very small place and Showmasters wasnt making enough money from it.