Who's Online
12 registered (GreenArrow08, WombatRider, speedypeat, Machinegunsniper3117, larry1341, PMCguns, Phillip408, Skywalking, Jono, 3 invisible), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1973361 - 01/22/23 06:37 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
KendrasEdge757 Offline
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Loc: VA
City or County: Isle Of White, Smithfield
https://youtube.com/watch?v=tK4gJeJ_CI4&feature=share

Any imported pistols must be destroyed or surrendered, but this whole thing is ok though right

....A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed...

#1973417 - 01/22/23 08:53 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
Got wind of this the other day. I guess in the back of my mind I've always thought of them to do this kind of thing. Flip-flopping around with bump stocks, then this is a brace, oh wait no it isn't, oh wait, it is. In my my mind I just assumed they are going to always flip in a way that screws us, so I never setup anything that would be ambiguous.

Having said that, what is going on is completely unconstitutional and hopefully there will be enough momentum to push back. Not holding my breath but there is still hope.

I still plan on taking out as many friends/fam/acquaintances to shoot as often as I can, changing hearts and minds one person at a time. Gives them perspective so when they hear about things like this they know how ridiculous it is and can voice their concerns to their leftist friends/comrades.

who knows....

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me

#1973500 - 01/22/23 12:26 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
Just got back from the range, took someone out who hasn't been to the range in 4 or 5 years. Brought low recoil firearms to get them in the swing of things.

I suggest others here do the same. If we are being censored in the virtual and digital world then lets try and reach out to real people in the real world.

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me

#1974078 - 01/23/23 08:24 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

City or County: Lynchburg
Thank you to all who have posted rebuttals to DCARMS posts. He's pushing out bad information in an area where we as gun owners don't have a lot of friends to begin with, and is helping to further the lefts agenda.

As a FFL and as an American, he should thoroughly be ashamed of himself. But as a clear leftist, I'm sure he's reveling in his own glorification.

DCARMS, I hope your ATF friends shoot your dog.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1974082 - 01/23/23 08:32 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
Gnome Offline
For alt vi har. Og alt vi er.

Loc: Fort Walker, Va.
City or County: Hanover County
DCARMS is by definition a Sophomoric fool.

#1974215 - 01/24/23 10:39 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
Gnome Offline
For alt vi har. Og alt vi er.

Loc: Fort Walker, Va.
City or County: Hanover County

ATF Brace Rule will force the destruction of Imported Pistols!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK4gJeJ_CI4

#1974558 - 01/25/23 10:44 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

City or County: Lynchburg

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1977044 - 02/01/23 09:51 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: Gnome]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: PWC
And Gnome is the definition of an idiot.

#1977046 - 02/01/23 09:54 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: KendrasEdge757]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

Originally Posted By: KendrasEdge757
FYI They’re actually required by law to collect the $200 tax so There won’t be any “free tax stamps”. This is all for registration. You probably didn’t care about the bump stock ban either cuz “who needs a bump stock” right. Are you a fed? Or maybe just a fud. Those are all rhetorical by the way. Can’t believe anyone pro-2ND would make such ridiculous statements.

uhh newsflash genius - this is a tax forbearance - the ATF and AG do have the authority to do that.

#1977050 - 02/01/23 10:07 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
dcarms Offline
Sharp Shooter

here's the truth whether you want to admit it or not...

10 years or so ago a stabilizing brace was invented to help DISABLED people better control their firearm. A prototype was developed and blessed off on by the almighty ATF. Shortly after, several more models of braces started to appear pretty quickly. Not all braces that were brought to market were sent in for evaluation by the ATF, as is standard practice.

Over the course of 10 years, an entire industry bloomed from people wanting to brace their AR pistol, and everyone and anyone who wanted to slap a short barrel on their AR could now do so by simply putting a brace on it.
And what has an under 16" barrel ALWAYS been considered on a rifle...ding ding ding an SBR genius!

Here's the rub. Of all braced pistols, how many do you think are owned by legitimately disabled persons that need the brace to manage the firearm? A VERY SMALLLLL NUMBER. Or maybe you want to tell me all 40million are being used by disabled shooters.

For being such pro 2A men, you sure do cry like a bunch of little girls about stuff like this.

It's like being a young kid and getting away with something right under mom and dad's nose for years. Then one day, mom and dad wise up to it and change the rules so you cant get away with it anymore, and you cry like babies that you're gun rights are being infringed. Grow up losers (Gnome and VLB specifically).

#1977077 - 02/01/23 10:56 AM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: 6watcher]
GE_Minigun Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Winchester
I have never seen a pistol brace used as original intended...NEVER, everyone has been shouldered. The interesting thing...ANYONE in the NFA community saw this coming a mile away...you just view gun related item differently, as some really nice add-ons have been OK'd by the ATF then later revoked.

Ronal Reagan (8/11/84)

#1977474 - 02/02/23 01:47 PM Re: URGENT: ATF setting SELF-INCRIMINATION TRAP for gun owners who "comply" with arm brace / SBR registr [Re: dcarms]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
I own NFA items and have a huge problem with it. It’s a registration scheme which is illegal, and will likely have the highest noncompliance rate since Prohibition. Anyone who trusts the government, especially the unelected branches, is a fool.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2