Who's Online
14 registered (Gnome, mike4570, Andrew454, stick, deaner20, jrd, larry1341, kg23, asd, 5 invisible), 12 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#244239 - 12/22/11 08:37 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: bkrawler]
Togeneral98 Offline
Resident Gun Nut

Loc: Campbell County
City or County: Evington
1 kick to the door they get what I've got on me be it my LCP or the 1911 45

3 kicks I'm up the steps and the 11.5" AR is already charged and has 3 more mags for backups they won't last long, only one way upstairs - they had better light the house on fire to get me!

#244297 - 12/22/11 10:36 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Ryan327]
Kiboko Offline
Lead Head

Loc: NOVA
City or County: PWC
Originally Posted By: Ryan327
AR-15, I want the most firepower I can carry. 5+1 in my shotgun just isn't enough.

I dunno, a shotgun might take down more home-invaders faster. If they're at the door you might not need the range of a rifle. If you want more rounds then maybe look into that new Kel-Tec double magazine shotgun or even *gasp* a streetsweeper (despite their legality someone once offered to sell me one). Also the sound of a pump-action shotgun is pretty unique and a good deterrant. You could also practice the ol' load a new shell while cycling the action trick.

I've got a Mossberg Persuader (has one of the loadest pump *cha-chunk* noises). It's outfitted with a holder for extra shells, the magazine is full of buckshot/law-enforcement rounds. It's got a pistol grip for indoor maneuverability - if I need to aim it I have a green-laser affixed to the barrel (the light is strong enough to light up a room sorta). I also threw on a heatshield cause I thought it would make it look more 'boss.'

BTW, NO! I have never 'pretend' cleared the house with it [lolz], it hangs in the closet and gets oiled about thrice a year, I've only shot it a handful of times since most of the ranges here are indoors.

John has a long mustache.
John has a long mustache...

#244304 - 12/22/11 10:52 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Kiboko]
Togeneral98 Offline
Resident Gun Nut

if you gotta use a shotty I would recommend one of these...23 rounds of "GET THE HELL OUTTA MY HOUSE!"

http://www.xrailbyrci.com/

But whatever you use I would be proficient with it...........learn to shoot offhand and reload onehanded (very very very important with a shotty) you need to be able to prop it up and rack that slide to stay in the fight which is rule #1!

Edited by Togeneral98 (12/22/11 10:54 PM)

#244312 - 12/22/11 11:02 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Togeneral98]
Kiboko Offline
Lead Head

City or County: PWC
Hot Dog! I just watched a couple youtube videos of that XRAIL and wawaweewa! Neat!

John has a long mustache.
John has a long mustache...

#244374 - 12/23/11 05:26 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Kiboko]
scythefwd Offline
Pea Shooter

Loc: KS
City or County: Lenexa
cz 2075. 10 rounds of .40. Just enough to have the wife loading up the garand. I'll also be single shotting the .308 while she's reloading the garand or the cz..

Off top, I have exactly
10 rounds of 40
7 rounds of .25 acp
8 rounds of .30-06
1 round of .308
6 rounds of .32 H&R mag

Before I hear click.

Then there's the reload. The cz is so I can get back to everything else. 2 entrances to the room, both on the same side of the room. Safe is in the other side.. I'm just gonna hunker down in there and shoot anything coming through the door way.

#244534 - 12/23/11 01:43 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: scythefwd]
yugritin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: King and queen
City or County: King and queen
my saiga 308 and a couple 25 round mags once the first few go down im sure the crowd will disperse rather quickly there after

#244588 - 12/23/11 04:28 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
rabauser Offline
Addicted

Loc: Nova
City or County: Ashburn
Shooot! 'Lizabeth, Shoot!

First I'd yell at them to leave or I was going to shoot'em. As a last resort I'd go with the AR with penetrator ammo. Shoot through the door and anyone on the other side. Easier to change mags than to reload a shotgun.

#244632 - 12/23/11 06:06 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: rabauser]
ruckersvillan Offline
Angry Southern Deplorable White Christian Male

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ruckersville/Greene County
If they come right now .380 I keep that on me until I go to bed if they come in the night g21 in nightstand with 7 mags loaded 1 from capacity total of 85 rounds of .230 grain jhp all just a arms reach away, God help them if I get my ar

I'll cling to my guns and religion and you can take both from my cold dead hands

We Need To Play Cowboys And Liberals

#244924 - 12/24/11 02:03 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
dean2k Offline
Dean

City or County: NOVA - Fairfax
I have 2 1911's and 63 rounds on me at all times - it gets heavy wink but I am always ready.

On a more practical note, I would discourage anyone from discussing how much firepower they have at their disposal. We live in difficult times and as many of us are painfully aware - there are forces at work that may use intel against folks that are prepped or prepping. There has been much in the news that missing fingers, a 7-days worth of food reserves, even ammo & firearms are considered "identifiers" of possible "citizen terrorists."

This is a great forum and website - but as we know all too well, it is being used by government (state/federal) in an effort to thwart our 2nd Amendment Freedoms with the trumped up claim that gun sales to people that have stated they could not pass a background check occur in Virginia.

"One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!"

VA CHP holder
VCDL member

#244992 - 12/24/11 04:54 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: dean2k]
yugritin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: King and queen
City or County: King and queen
the scope and bipod is off 95% of the time thats for hunting. so i would be using the Magpul BUS

Attachments
DSCF0678.JPG

#245026 - 12/24/11 07:43 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: yugritin]
90lxtc Offline
Poison Boooooolit......

Loc: VA
City or County: Caroline county
My Bulgy.

2ND Amendment Civilians Are The USA True Reserve.

#245737 - 12/26/11 05:53 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Agent19]
Defcon and VJJ Offline
I got pro's in different area codes

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
Originally Posted By: Agent19
Originally Posted By: Joe Mama!!
Heres the scenario:
The SHTF. The economy took another massive dive leaving millions upon millions more without income.
That is the current situation.
There are now groups of looters all over the country.
That is the current situation.
LEO/MIL just does not have the man power to defend everyone and you are essentialy left alone to fend for yourself and family.
The supreme court has ruled LE has no duty to protect, let alone defend anyone. Already the situation.
There is a group trying to gain entry into your home by force.
There are some stupid folks out there.
They are kicking in the door and it will give any second.
It's usually the frame not the door that gives, steel door and reinforced frames laminated glasss, along with extra long dead bolt w/ 10inch srcews.
You only have a few seconds to grab ONE firearm.
Exterior lights and motion sensors can prevent this kind of surprise as well as dogs, medium to large free roaming on your property work well.
What is in your hands and why did you reach for that first?
My normal home defense firearm is a G20 w/6" Barrel slide w/ NS and surefire light mounted, mag has a +5 extension giving me 16rds of 180gr GD's @ 1400fps followed by 5 rd of 220gr HC @ 1200fps.

My answers in red:
Why this setup, it's portable, reliable, accurate and more than enough power to drop man or four legged beast.

Agent , keep in mind we have alot of city folk on here who can easily be snuck up on. Not a scenario that could as easily happen to you or I however , at least not without some warning from critters. This is why I love living off the beaten path and having outside warning systems with 4 legs and fur and even a few with 2 legs and feathers.

#247455 - 12/30/11 09:00 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: MultiPurpose]
frankD Offline
Low Hanging Member

Loc: North Carolina
City or County: Charlotte
Originally Posted By: armymp
In all honesty, it'll probably be my Glock 17 since that's what I generally carry, but hopefully I'd have 15 seconds or so to go grab the AR.

Same. The 17 is typically always on me (if not, it's a 19). And if there was 10-15 seconds available, let's just say that AR would prove that they broke into the WRONG house.

#248358 - 01/01/12 08:35 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
Tyronyglock40man Offline
NO TIME FOR “WOKE” JOKE UNICORN FOLK

City or County: Capital of the Confederacy Richmond-Williamsburg area
I have an AR-15 A2 carbine , an AK-47 , a glock 23 and 1911 but my choice would be my 11-87 12 ga with 5 3 inch 00 buck , that oughta knock down 2-3 of them and if the others are smart they will split but id probably blast em heading out across the yard so they would be screwed , shouldnt have messed with the wrong house is all I can say cool

Edited by tonyglock40man (01/01/12 08:43 AM)
All a media crap show

RIP LAKEN RILEY

FJB

It will always be Forts Lee AP Hill Bragg Pickett Benning Gordon and Hood

DEO VINDICE !!!!!!!!!!

#250438 - 01/04/12 10:26 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
Kali110505 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: Loudon
City or County: Leesburg
I'm grabbing my SBR with the 77 Grain MK262 Mod1. That should discourage them enough to move to a softer target

#250815 - 01/05/12 05:42 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Kali110505]
Togeneral98 Offline
Resident Gun Nut

Originally Posted By: Kali110505
I'm grabbing my SBR with the 77 Grain MK262 Mod1. That should discourage them enough to move to a softer target

Or find some Harder cover!

#250940 - 01/05/12 09:39 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: MultiPurpose]
Magpulmatt Offline
Stamp Collector

Loc: Front Royal, VA
City or County: Warren
I'll start handing these out to family members!

I guess since shtf you already killed me and took my glock and m4? Since your handing them out and all.

#251016 - 01/06/12 12:41 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Magpulmatt]
MultiPurpose Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Warrenton
Originally Posted By: Magpulmatt
I'll start handing these out to family members!

I guess since shtf you already killed me and took my glock and m4? Since your handing them out and all.

Don't you remember, I found your mangled corpse!

#251461 - 01/06/12 09:43 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: MultiPurpose]
Fenton1 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: Lynchburg, VA
City or County: Lynchburg
LC9 is always on me but if I have a 3 second wanrning my 590SP 9 shot 12ga with 4 in the stock and 6 more on the side will say hello and goodbye at the same time.

#262438 - 01/25/12 12:30 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
cwjw11 Offline
Gun fool

City or County: midlothian
this depends on what floor of my house im on. If its the first floor, im reaching under the couch for my 9mm. If im upstairs, the 12 gaug is in my wifes hands and the 40 is in mine.

#262489 - 01/25/12 06:32 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Just Joe]
LeupoldMk4 Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Virginia USA
City or County: SW Va
Originally Posted By: Joe Mama!!
Heres the scenario:
The SHTF. The economy took another massive dive leaving millions upon millions more without income.
There are now groups of looters all over the country.
LEO/MIL just does not have the man power to defend everyone and you are essentialy left alone to fend for yourself and family.
There is a group trying to gain entry into your home by force.
They are kicking in the door and it will give any second.
You only have a few seconds to grab ONE firearm.
What is in your hands and why did you reach for that first?

Unless they had explosives to open the door with, their not getting in. But first they would have to be able to approach my compound over 200yds of open ground without one of my brothers snipeing them or the dogs alerting me to their presence, they won't even make it to the door!
If they make it to the door, we'll lets just say my hogs will be getting plenty of protein to eat for a day or two.
As to what I'd grab, all the doors have 870's in the rack.

#275991 - 02/17/12 10:11 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: Ledchunkr]
DocHollywood Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Fairfax
If you are going to do ANYTHING to reinforce your door, please start with the hinges. IT IS THE WEAKEST POINT. Simple det cord can do them in. The dead bolt properly installed is the stronger part. Worry about that later.

#276008 - 02/17/12 10:51 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: DocHollywood]
neoblue Offline
Bullseye

City or County: Stafford
12 gauge benelli nova tactical with 3 1/2 inch 00 buckshot. You think 18 balls a shot is enough?

#290152 - 03/12/12 06:05 PM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: neoblue]
librarian45 Offline
low speed, high drag. Lotsa Books

City or County: NOVA
my sgl31 (ak74) with a 45rounder in it.
whole lotta 5.45 hornady flying before i have to reload. i got 4 of those bad boys on the rig strapped to the rifle

#290568 - 03/13/12 10:02 AM Re: THEY'RE AT THE DOOR! A serious post for once! [Re: librarian45]
Ddraig Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Culpeper, VA
City or County: Culpeper, VA
Of all the prepping topics this is the kind of scenario that freaks me out the most. Not really sure what I would do or use since I don't have any kind of firearms yet, but hopefully would work towards preventing them from coming to my house....

I'm further back in a subdivision, so hopefully I would know they're coming before hand. If possible I may even throw stuff out in the yard, leave the doors wide open, and go hide in a safe spot in the house. To make it look like the house had been looted already. Those are just some of the ideas I have had.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >