Who's Online
9 registered (Workaholic, er98ah, golfdog, Turbine15, Dlsims, 4 invisible), 11 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1293897 - 12/18/17 09:42 PM Shooting guns in Spotsy County
Phisherman Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Richmond, VA
City or County: Fredericksburg
Hey all! I am buying my first home, and its in Spotsylvania County. It sits on two acres and is not part of a neighborhood. I've been looking around to no avail as to whether or not it would be legal to shoot guns on the property. I found some stuff pertaining to homes/lots in subdivisions, but this house is not in a subdivision. Any help would be appreciated.

I'd also like to take it one step further. Anyone know if there is a minimum lot size to be able to hunt deer on in Spotsy?

#1294109 - 12/19/17 02:48 PM Re: Shooting guns in Spotsy County [Re: Phisherman]
6watcher Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia - Spotsy
City or County: Fredericksburg
Try the county offices at the courthouse. Zoning and or building permit office. Calling the local game warden can be very helpful.

Edited by 6watcher (12/19/17 02:49 PM)

#1298081 - 12/30/17 05:32 PM Re: Shooting guns in Spotsy County [Re: Phisherman]
hino895 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Spotsylvania, Virginia
City or County: Downtown Thornburg
I live in Spotsylvania county too and have a 100 yard range.
I live on a 5 acre lot that is not in a subdivision and I am told that is the minimum requirement
With the influx of nova people moving down it will be a hassle no matter what.
I moved down 29 years ago so they're used to my noise 😎