Who's Online
6 registered (MudBoi, Dasher579, THUMPER580, spaatz11, IWasToldToMakeAName, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2028889 - 07/18/23 06:19 PM New member in Fredericksburg
ceh92 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fredericksburg
Hello all, I'm posting here because I am relatively new to the area (been living in Fxbg for about 6 months now) and I was wondering where everyone shoots around here. I am familiar with The Range in Stafford and Clark Brothers in Warrenton.

I took a trip back home to Washington State recently and flew my guns out there (if you want my experience flying united with guns, let me know but it was fairly easy). My brother had a pit near his house and we shot for 4 days in a row and it was only ever us out there shooting. I know that out here on the east coast there isn't much public land, but I'd imagine there is someone with a range set up on there property that would allow people to come over and shoot. I know there is near me because I can hear it on the weekends! Anyways, if anyone has any leads and wants to shoot me a PM about it id greatly appreciate it. I want to get my wife and kids more trigger time, but it's a chore to drive all the way up to Warrenton from where I am at. I also don't mind throwing some money and or labor if it helps my cause! Itd just be nice to have a 5-10 min drive to go shoot for an hour or so, instead of a 50 min drive.

I appreciate it! glad to be here.

#2050962 - 09/24/23 12:27 PM Re: New member in Fredericksburg [Re: ceh92]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
Welcome. The range selection is on the slimmer side in this area but there are some. Besides what you mentioned, there are some opportunities at wildlife management areas (https://dwr.virginia.gov/wma/c-f-phelps/), Izaak Walton leagues in Spotsylvania and Stafford, and some at the Quantico gun club (https://quanticoshootingclub.com/).

#2055256 - 10/09/23 01:23 AM Re: New member in Fredericksburg [Re: ceh92]
trailwalker Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Va
City or County: stafford
Little late to your post: check out Northern Va gun club in King George.

#2056128 - 10/12/23 05:19 AM Re: New member in Fredericksburg [Re: trailwalker]
ceh92 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Virginia
Thanks, I'll check it out. looks like their FB page is a little empty and their website link doesn't work. Got any other good ways of getting ahold of someone for more information?

#2077770 - 12/21/23 03:52 PM Re: New member in Fredericksburg [Re: ceh92]
Cajun_Asian Offline
Pea shooter

Ill send you a PM

#2083222 - 01/08/24 07:42 PM Re: New member in Fredericksburg [Re: ceh92]
Boneyard1977 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Stafford
Izaak Walton Alexandria Chapter in North Stafford is probably your best bet. 100 yard outdoor rifle range, pistol range, and a shotgun facility where you can shoot five stand and trap. AND the membership is a bargain compared to The NOVA gun club.

#2104324 - 03/11/24 06:22 PM Re: New member in Fredericksburg [Re: ceh92]
Defender3 Offline
Marksman

The Quantico Shooting Club has some great outdoor ranges, rifle (out to 1,000yds) pistol, and shotgun (skeet and trap) and we hold PRS, PCSL, SCSA and other matches monthly. Downside is we are only open weekends. Full disclosure, I'm the President of the Club. quanticoshootingclub.com has enough info to hurt your head. We will also sponsor you for base access if you have no way to access the base.