Who's Online
11 registered (Spatula_Man, red3, theconverted, Leper_Messiah, wafflecopter, Irishinva, csd4682, 4 invisible), 4 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1733899 - 02/25/21 04:43 AM Question about my Ruger Vaquero Colt 45 Revolver
Scotty071 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Chesapeake
Wow it's been a long time since I was last on here... it's nice to see it's still active!

I have a Ruger Vaquero Colt 45 revolver with box(packaging).... It was my father's. He passed away. Aside from that. I have a question about whether or not a early serial number increases the value. I haven't decided whether to sell it yet. I've been holding onto it for some time now.

Recently I noticed that when I looked up the serial number that it is 1 of the first 2000 Vaquero's made (during the 1st year of production in 1993). I know with older firearms this can effect the value. Does this effect the value of my Ruger Vaquero? Even though it's technically still a newer gun.

I greatly appreciate the feedback.

#1733986 - 02/25/21 09:42 AM Re: Question about my Ruger Vaquero Colt 45 Revolver [Re: Scotty071]
mequirky Offline
Conversion Madness

Loc: Dale City Va.
City or County: Dale City
Original Vaquero's (1993-2005) are going from 600 to 1000 depending upon condition and caliber. 1st year production may add some on top of that though Vaquero's are not exactly scarce.

What me worry?
A.E. Newman