Who's Online
8 registered (VAJafo, wrickster, PMOORE, NACHO944, mike3325, 3 invisible), 12 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#893554 - 05/04/15 04:56 AM 2nd.amend
Live4Hunting Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Newport News
I started dealing with this member last week. The reason it has taken me so long to make a decision to leave bad feedback was because I don't take it lightly and nothing ever moved forward. I decided to leave this feedback based solely on the intent of this individual as well as the insulting manner after I gave it much thought.

I hope the community doesn't think poorly of me. Some persons on here may post because they need money or are in a bind. You never know their situation it could be a medical emergency or their wife, children or other family have an emergency and they need cash quick. I am fortunate to not be in that situation. I made several posts because the wife wanted me to get rid of some of the excess. All posts were marked with a reasonable price or for particular trades. Shortly after posting I was contacted by 2nd.amend inquiring me for pictures of a Colt 1911 lower for 375.00. He knew because the price was posted right there with the listed item. The lower was just missing a few parts but was in amazing shape. After sending the pics he texted my phone and said he was interested. He then asked about my AR15 Yankee Hill Machine lower I had and I asked if he was interested. My Yankee Hill Lower was priced at a reasonable rate at around 130.00 to 140.00 I believe. He then says Ill give you 300.00 for the 1911 lower and 50.00 for the YHM lower. He says he knows they go close to 200.00 but he can get an Anderson for 50.00 or a PSA for cheaper than that. He mentioned that to him that its just a name.

It seemed like he was looking for someone that was in a desperate situation that would take anything offered to them. When he offered me that extremely insulting lowball offer he then said back to me, to remember that I said I didn't need the money. As if to warm me to come to my senses, cause if I do really need the money Im about to lose the little bit Im having offered. I believe in giving a good deal but not to give it for practically free, Im not Santa Clause. I cant tell you how disappointed I am to know that someone has that kind of heart to take advantage of someone like that. I am a capitalist and believe in making money, saving money and getting the best deal from someone; but not at the expense of someones pride or situation.

Unfortunately, this is not where it stopped. I thought to myself for a bit and said... OK I understood him wrong. He must have meant that he wanted the 1911 lower COMPLETELY striped and the new striped YHM AR lower. So with that in mind I texted him and asked if he was meaning just that. I thought to myself... Ok, maybe that I would be willing to do. He then confirmed that he did mean he wanted the Colt 1911 compete lower and the Yankee Hill Machine striped lower for both 400.00. After that I was even more upset and insulted when he said he shouldn't have even offered that, that he had gotten carried away. Then suggested that he would just go buy a whole Colt for like 600.00. It comes down to not getting a deal but getting something for nothing.

Sir, I would like to leave you this thought when you deal with people in the future. You may have great feedback but some of that may come from persons who were just thankful to get something in the nick of time. That little bit of extra could have gone to a meal or something to drink. It could have gone to medicines or gas money to see their wife in the hospital. I cant tell you how to live but I can tell you that looking for a good deal doesn't require you to insult, degrade and lowball. This seems to be a great community and not a pawn shop or a car title loan business. Shame on you sir!

#893693 - 05/04/15 12:37 PM Re: 2nd.amend [Re: Live4Hunting]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to 2nd.amend inviting him to respond.

Others not involved are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#893791 - 05/04/15 05:33 PM Re: 2nd.amend [Re: Live4Hunting]
2nd.amend Offline
Shooting blanks at Magnum force! ;)

Loc: Gainesville va
City or County: Gainesville
I am a little nervous to reply it appears you have had issues
With a few of are vgt members!
Any how I offered you 300 on a 1911 lower that came off a 1911 that
Had been stored improperly and the slide was damaged so badly it was thrown away , To top it off there was a Ill attempt at re finishing the grips.
I think 300 is a fair offer on a 80 series frame.

I am looking for a 40 / 50 dollar lower, I can get them new for
This price! I offered you 50$ then 80. I don't care that they list
For 166.00

I made you a offer you said no .

Your going to leave a negative feed back for this !
GET HELP!

#893794 - 05/04/15 05:37 PM Re: 2nd.amend [Re: Live4Hunting]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have responded ... thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln