Who's Online
3 registered (ken792, 1533, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#897773 - 05/14/15 08:07 AM epeeist
homeland security Offline
Bullseye

Loc: EASTERN SHORE,VA
City or County: Northampton Co.
I really hate doing this but am kinda annoyed,no I am actually off, acording to feedback this guy is ok, I am not sure whats going on since I get no response, about a month ago I listed an AR upper on the site, he said he would take it(after I lowered the price for him) money in mail (4/16) by 4/24 nothing arrived he answered pm said he had problem but would send it that day .....still nothing got here he then said he would send it(4/29) well now its 5/14 and still nothing at this point I would rather throw the upper in the bay then sell it to him stuff happens if you change your mind just say so dont jerk someone over

Edited by BobVA (05/14/15 11:16 AM)
Edit Reason: language

#897775 - 05/14/15 08:13 AM Re: epeeist [Re: homeland security]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Henrico County
PM sent to Epeeist inviting him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction ARE NOT TO RESPOND!

#897927 - 05/14/15 03:47 PM Re: epeeist [Re: homeland security]
Epeeist Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Charlottesville
City or County: Albemarle
So the first part of this is completely my fault, as I acknowledged to the OP and apologized for. I had agreed to purchase the upper after some negotiation. I offered to pay by CC, PayPal or to meet him half way. He only wanted to deal with a mail payment sent to him, so I told him I would get a MO out to him the following day.

This is the part that is completely my fault. That morning out of the blue I got word that my mom had to go in for heart surgery. I tried to finish up things in town and then went to see what I could do. I had thought I sent the MO off, I was even at the post office mailing some other things, but I managed to completely forget it.

About a week later the OP PM's me, asking for an update. I check my mail receipt to get the MO number, and when I don't see it on there I check in my center console to see if it was on a different receipt, and instead find a bank envelope full of cash. Mea Culpa, totally my fault. I screwed up and did not send it.

I contact the OP, apologize and explain and ask how he would like to proceed. He says no worries, go ahead and mail it out and we will go from there. Thats what we do. The next day I mail it and contact him letting him know it is on its way. I wish I had it insured/tracked in hindsight, as I have had a couple of issues with the post office in the past. Hind sight is 20/20 as they say. I just figured it was safe in the end being a money order.
The direct quote is
Quote:
I have no problem , I know how things can happen, the world didnt come to an end, I only asked about it because I live in a very small town and our post office is not the most dependable( it once took over 30 days for a package I sent to get to Richmond) but usually its semi normal time wise so just send the money order and all is cool on this end dont worry I wont do bad feedback

He contacted me about a week later, said that it still had not arrived and that dealing with it was becoming unpleasant. I apologized again for the initial delay which was my fault. I told him that if he wanted to relist it until my MO came that was fine. If it sold first, I just ask that he send me the MO back if it sold before the MO came. I also offered to cancel the MO and try to get him the money a different way. By this time I was frustrated dealing with it as well, but wanted the upper and wanted to make my initial failing right. His response was
Quote:
Calm down, as far as I am concerned we have a deal until I hear otherwise from you, as soon as it gets here I will send the upper to you, dont worry about feedback I dont do that things happen I am sure your life does not revolve around this site( mine niether) I was just getting concerned

I took that to mean he was fine waiting it out. This morning I get this PM in my box around 0800
Quote:
PLEASE CALL ME 757 442 5585 all I need to know is if you want it.... I have been on this site for a long time ...I never jerk anyone off ...I understand sometimes things happen, circumstances change... whatever but this has been going on for about a month now... the cash has been "sent" 3 different times ...I know I live in the wilderness but sometimes mexican bandits and wild indians do let the mail go thru so if it had been sent it would have arrived if the money doesnt arrive by the weekend there is no way I will ever sell this or anything else to you and I will be forced to leave negative feedback( my first one ever)just call me 757 442 55585

About ten minutes later he leaves negative feedback. I guess I did not call soon enough... He has my number by the way, and could have called me at any time, although preferably not at 0800. I was very surprised to hear him say I was not responding to him, as this is just not true and there are the multiple PM's back and forth to prove it. I understand the guy is frustrated, I am too. I have $800 wrapped up in this deal, but if you know the mail in your neck of the woods is unreliable and you still insist that is the only way you will take payment, you can only be so outraged when the faulty system is faulty.

So at this point, I will see about cancelling the MO. OP, please contact me before attempting to cash the MO if it arrives today or tomorrow.

#897930 - 05/14/15 04:04 PM Re: epeeist [Re: homeland security]
Bullseye

all I needed was a response I do not make a habit of playing games with anybody I am sorry about your problems but supposedly send it 3 separate times ... reallly ... at this point I WILL NOT sell it to you for anyamount I may not have much but I do have my honor and I dont think you can say that

#897931 - 05/14/15 04:05 PM Re: epeeist [Re: homeland security]
Bullseye

also funny how you can respond to this right away but were to HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT busy to let me know whats going on end of story I dont care about hearing anymore about this from you