Who's Online
8 registered (Slater, bjBoots, Russtern, mmc-ret, Ksd1911, 3 invisible), 3 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1177333 - 03/26/17 03:45 PM lordknows
TMVA Offline
VGT SWAT

Loc: Richmond west end
City or County: Henrico
lordknows -

DEADBEAT BUYER. Avoid this member.

lordknows responded to my For Sale post advising he was a buyer, and wanted me to hold it for him pending a meeting the following day.

He provided his name and cell number for direct communication. I told him I would immediately mark the post SPF.

We established a mutually convenient location and set a time to meet for the next day.

I texted him the following morning to confirm our meeting time and location. He replied and advised his time may not be precise, that he may be as much as 30 minutes past the agreed time. I agreed (and appreciated) that he may be late to the meeting. I arrived at the meeting location on time and texted him to let him know I was there waiting.

He did not reply to my text advising I was waiting for him. Assuming he was delayed at work, I waited. After the 30 minute window elapsed, I texted again to ask if he was in route. No reply.

I never heard from him that day. The following day, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and texted his cell number several times again, asking him to communicate. He failed to respond to any further attempts to communicate. It has now been days later and he has never bothered to man up and say he changed his mind or apologize for wasting my time.

This person doesn't understand our ethics on this web site and doesn't bother with common courtesy when dealing with a member.

NOT A RECOMMENDED MEMBER.

#1177342 - 03/26/17 04:16 PM Re: lordknows [Re: TMVA]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to lordknows encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln