Who's Online
12 registered (Dezilla, sixshot, GrantG, weez3006, GreenArrow08, Cmpunch, Rogpog, Matt69, Topoman, 3 invisible), 12 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1279052 - 11/13/17 08:26 PM Easyrhino72
T2Tac Offline
FFL

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Fairfax
BUYERS BEWARE/ BUYERS BEWARE...Nelson, backout of a 3k deal on the purchase of six Aimpoint Mirco T-2. Once I requested for him to sign a Bill of Sale on a 3K purchase Nelson resended his offer; see below for original offer:

"have more than 2. Right now I have 8. I traded a nice custom 338 LM rifle for them. I would do six of them for $3150. That $525 each. Leaves you a decent margin and helps m fund my next project. Let me know, ( Nelson's original offer)"

The major factor with this forum member is he refused to sign a BOS with the language stipulating that the Aimpoints to the best of his knowledge are not counterfeit or stolen, simplest of language. Yes, a member has the sole right to back out of any deal for whatever reason. However, when a member backs out of a deal because of language in a BOS that stipulates what he or she is selling is not counterfeit or stolen there is an issue.

Some research on the forum memeber reveals he has had some less than favorable reviews with the sale of Aimpoints... Thus, the reasonable thing is for the Forum to step in and protect all the 100% above board members who just want to make great deals with good people.

Steven

#1279074 - 11/13/17 09:03 PM Easyrhino72 [Re: T2Tac]
Easyrhino72 Offline
Marksman

City or County: Alexandria
Yes, I backed out of the deal because I did not like the direction it was going. I have no problem signing a bill of sale as suggested by the buyer. The long and short of it is that the buyer has a storefront and intended to resell these. The problem is that because I'm not a vendor, the warranty doesn't apply. The buyer, did not care about this and stated that "Aimpoint would take care of any issues" so the warranty really doesnt matter. He also said that he would do whatever he wanted. All that tells me he is sketchy and may be willing to deceive buyers by reselling these with an implied warranty even though the warranty no longer applies. Maybe I'm over thinking it but I would hate to be the guy who buys one from T2Tac and has some problem down the road, only to find out aimpoint won't cover it because it's not a legit sale from a authorized vendor. I don't want to be cog in that wheel.

After I voiced my concern about the warranty issue and verbiage that needed to be put on the BOS, and based on his responses, I simply didn't like the direction it was going. So I cancelled the deal. No money was ever exchanged etc.

There were a couple other things that just didn't sit well. For example, he never used his full name, his email didn't have his name and he only ever provided the company info. Also, he says he is in Herndon Va and provided a shipping address but didn't want to get together for a FTF- and never said why. Again, assuming he was in NoVa, but yet he wanted to pay with PayPal. again, just seemed odd. There may be a very reasonable explanation but none was ever provided. He also seemed to be pushing to get this done quickly-he sent me the BoS to review and said he wanted it back asap and would expect me to ship the same day. having been scammed before, I just didnt like the way it was feeling.

Of course, Steve did not like that one bit and Steve made all sorts of allegations as to why I was backing out. He told me it must be because I'm doing something illegal and he is going to get the state police involved.

I am happy that I backed out and I would warn anyone about doing business with him. He is definitely a "questionable" kind of guy. If others have had good dealings, I'm glad to hear that and I hope that my experience was just a fluke.

I'm not a fan of intimidation. I'm not a fan of deception and I don't think others are either.

As for me, I've been here for several years and done many great deals. I've had a couple that went sideways but were always resolved with the assistance of the mods. In one case a guy ripped me off and in another, they guy simply didn't follow through. I have a solid reputation and I don't screw people over and I don't want to deal with someone who does.

That's my side, if anyone has questions please shoot me a message.

#1279130 - 11/13/17 11:57 PM Easyrhino72 [Re: T2Tac]
T2Tac Offline
FFL

City or County: Fairfax
Nelson,
Your response is laughable, First and Foremost, the Aimpoints for all the forum members who choose to read this tread were intended for my fellow law enforcement comrades who are serving in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, and Somalia with B.S gear issued by their government agency. The Aimpoints would have been a great piece of gear for those out there hooking and jabbing in some real bad places. The argument of that I own a storefront please read Mr. Nelson's sales pitch:

"have more than 2. Right now I have 8. I traded a nice custom 338 LM rifle for them. I would do six of them for $3150. That $525 each. Leaves you a decent margin and helps m fund my next project. Let me know, ( Nelson's original offer)".

At the end of his sales pitch I automatically thought of those who I have served with knowing the gear their issued...

Second, rebuttal point is once I put a BOS in front of Mr. Nelson to confirm that the Aimpoints were not counterfeit ( like another forum member complained) and that the Aimpoints were not stolen, he refused and came up with some warranty story ( because where was this concern about warranty in his sales pitch when he was talking about profit margins) I conveyed to Mr. Nelson, that if I elected to Sale the Aimpoints I would have to list them in like new status, which equates to the Aimpoints being pre owned.

Thus, I did not want to hand these Aimpoints off to my comrades not knowing if there counterfeits or stolen again ALL BUYERS BEWARE.

Been on this forum for years, not one complaint also have 100% positive feed back on Gunbrokers.

It's 8am here in Baghdad time for me to get back to work on my second year of service here. Also, served 2 years in Afghanistan, my integrity is solid, I don't wake up in the morning thinking about how I can get over on others to make a dollar, I wake up in the morning thinking about how I can make my team better and bring everyone home safe.

Enclosing, if anyone elects to purchase an Aimpoint from Nelson, have the serial numbers checked by VA State Patrol.