Who's Online
6 registered (MLOWDER, GrantG, Speedyarms, kapon, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1619330 - 04/08/20 09:11 PM whitetail
redskinredtaco Offline
Double barrel

Loc: virginia
City or County: Chesapeake
I did a deal with Jim a couple months ago. The Communection was great, and he was nice to deal with. I meet Jim at the Dulles Expo center while he was setting up his booth for the gun show. I traded him my Sig P229 legion and a few holsters for what he told me was a brand new complete 2007 Gen 1 - POF-USA P416. After talking to the POF factory and sending them pictures they informed me that my serial number was sold as a lower only, and that the upper was NOT a POF upper. I text Jim after I found out the rifle was not a complete P416 as he stated in multiple text message. His response was that he thought it was. With Jim being a private dealer I find this very hard to believe. The story does not end there. I finally took the rifle out shooting a couple weeks ago and the rifle would not cycle and eject the spent round. After a week at the gunsmith I found out that the gas tube was installed upside down and bent. The gunsmith determined that the upper is actually an Aero Precision M4EI with a Rainer Arms BCG, and Viltor gas block. I caution anyone making a purchase or trade with whitetail/Jim to check out the fire arm throughly.

#1620747 - 04/11/20 08:11 PM Re: whitetail [Re: redskinredtaco]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: redskinredtaco
I did a deal with Jim a couple months ago. The Communection was great, and he was nice to deal with. I meet Jim at the Dulles Expo center while he was setting up his booth for the gun show. I traded him my Sig P229 legion and a few holsters for what he told me was a brand new complete 2007 Gen 1 - POF-USA P416. After talking to the POF factory and sending them pictures they informed me that my serial number was sold as a lower only, and that the upper was NOT a POF upper. I text Jim after I found out the rifle was not a complete P416 as he stated in multiple text message. His response was that he thought it was. With Jim being a private dealer I find this very hard to believe. The story does not end there. I finally took the rifle out shooting a couple weeks ago and the rifle would not cycle and eject the spent round. After a week at the gunsmith I found out that the gas tube was installed upside down and bent. The gunsmith determined that the upper is actually an Aero Precision M4EI with a Rainer Arms BCG, and Viltor gas block. I caution anyone making a purchase or trade with whitetail/Jim to check out the fire arm throughly.

Pm sent to whitetail for response. Other members are not to respond here.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#1621631 - 04/13/20 04:22 PM Re: whitetail [Re: redskinredtaco]
redskinredtaco Offline
Double barrel

Loc: virginia
City or County: Chesapeake
has whitetail responded?

#1622788 - 04/15/20 08:34 PM Re: whitetail [Re: redskinredtaco]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: redskinredtaco
has whitetail responded?

If you don't see a response here, then no.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#1622887 - 04/15/20 10:57 PM Re: whitetail [Re: the cwa]
whitetail Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Boyce
City or County: Clarke
Yes... There's two sides to every story! Paul and I agreed on a trade. My AR for his Sig P229. A week prior he wanted detailed pictures inside and out of my AR witch I pervided. He then contacted POF with all information and was pleased. After meeting for the trade Paul field stripped the AR and said Wow... It's new and never been fired...Awesome rifle!!! As we then talked... "The mad rush" to buy AR's was at a peak! With only 4 days before the assault weapons ban was to be voted on in Virginia. He expected the price of his New AR to double? Then after the assault weapons ban failed the complaints started! (Nitpicking) As most of us know... Installing a gas tub upside down would be extremely difficult! It would be in such a angle that the BCG wouldn't lock up. You be the Judge!

PS... Paul wanted to trade only - orders from his wife! Paul should place blame on his wife not Me!!! Sorry