Who's Online
9 registered (Ron_L, DT88, 2022runner, GreenArrow08, wdc757, 315santiago, RL15, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#931411 - 08/04/15 09:38 PM question about selling to MDer
swthreefour Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia, Fairfax
City or County: Fairfax county
I have a hand gun for sale, and one guy from Maryland wants to buy it. I know that I can't sell it to him in private, and I need to sell it to his FFL first. My question is the following, do I have to use my local FFL to ship it to this person's FFL in MD, or can I drive this gun (unloaded and in my car's trunk) to this person's FFL in MD and sell it to his FFL in person. Please help me understand the law regarding this situation. thanks.

#931836 - 08/05/15 11:02 PM Re: question about selling to MDer [Re: swthreefour]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

Loc: VA
City or County: Pulaski
By federal law, it's okay to deliver to the FFL in person. I'm not sure about Maryland. You should call the person's FFL and ask if he will do that.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#932129 - 08/06/15 06:45 PM Re: question about selling to MDer [Re: swthreefour]
flyingron Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Chantilly
Note, that you do not "sell the gun to the FFL and the FFL sells it to the buyer." You sell the gun to the buyer, but you must transfer the gun to the FFL who will then transfer it to the buyer. The FFL doesn't handle the money for the sale of the gun, just takes his fee for processing the paperwork to deliver the gun to the buyer.

Oh, and since this is Maryland, you should make sure that the gun you're selling is legal in MD lest you get some heartbreak later.

Edited by flyingron (08/06/15 06:58 PM)

#932176 - 08/06/15 08:30 PM Re: question about selling to MDer [Re: swthreefour]
swthreefour Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia, Fairfax
City or County: Fairfax county
thanks for answering. I try to sell a handgun.