Who's Online
7 registered (Brud Carey, Actkk_98, LukefromTx, DerrickM, enkrates9, jblack87, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2031844 - 07/28/23 03:28 PM Dual Residency
johns550 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Bon Air
Good afternoon,

Haven't been on this site for a minute, and all the laws changed. I figure I should at least ask openly and see if anybody has an expert opinion.

Information for background here: I currently have a DL (and CWP) from another state, but still own (and pay taxes) on a house in VA. Does this meet the requirements for dual residency as found on the VSP website? Does meeting the requirement for dual residency allow me to complete a private sale?

Also, I'd welcome an opinion on what constitutes military eligibility: I'm a member of the VA National Guard with my permanent duty station in VA. I'm not on active status, but I do have military assignment orders for VA.

I suppose my days of purchasing on this site are over, but a man can dream. Thanks in advance.

#2031851 - 07/28/23 03:49 PM Re: Dual Residency [Re: johns550]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange

It would appear you should be able to if you can produce the documentation per the VSP site but some dealers might balk. VSP does the background checks at gunshows so that may be your best bet.

So far the only private transfer I've done since the Dem gun registration bill was passed (that Miyares keeps defending - useless wimp) was done at the Nations Gun Show by the VSP and cost $2.

#2031868 - 07/28/23 04:51 PM Re: Dual Residency [Re: johns550]
johns550 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Bon Air
Yeah, I think I'd be able to buy long guns no matter what from an FFL, just an extra fee. I just hate doing federal forms for purchases (no issue with BoS, no issue with a background check that's independent of a specific firearm). I don't know if any FFL could weigh in on this (I suppose I can reach out to the VSP directly too).

Mods, please let me know if I'm allowed to reach out to potential sellers; I don't want to face a ban hammer for just inquiring.