Who's Online
20 registered (Trainman37, MASTERBLASTER XXL, roxie, GrantN, Parsons, RedBeardOutlaw, TNARG71, ELTray1997, blue1, Banegun, cadi86, CowboyECHO, Chatton, Ksd1911, Mtempesco, ThatGuyC, 86irocz, 3 invisible), 13 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1836637 - 12/22/21 10:12 PM Need a gunsmith to thread a lever gun barrel
Shinoda Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Falls Church
Hey y'all,

I'm jumpin on the "tactical" lever gun wagon and want to see about getting a Marlin 336Y barrel threaded to accommodate a suppressor host/muzzle device.

Many of you probably know that the Marlin 336 Dark is the "tactical" version of the 336 line. It seems like the Marlin 336 Dark and the 336Y both have a 16.25" barrel (based off internet-posted specs), yet the difference in length between the barrel and mag tube on the Marlin Dark seems larger than the difference on the 336. Yet they're both listed with the same magazine capacity (5+1).

I've seen older threads on other websites with pictures showing that threading a Marlin 336Y to accommodate a suppressor is possible, but I haven't been able to contact the posters to ask further questions. Nonetheless, it seems possible.

I'd like to see about getting the barrel threaded, but I want to understand 1) what shops in VA would be able to do that and 2) if anyone can advise on how much of a barrel (e.g., how many inches) would be required to be threaded to accommodate most suppressor hosts.

Eventually, would like to get it Cerakoted as well. (You may have seen my earlier thread here - https://vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1811260)

Click: Mark Topic Sold

Click: Mark Topic Sold

#1836682 - 12/23/21 08:02 AM Re: Need a gunsmith to thread a lever gun barrel [Re: Shinoda]
RobN Offline
Addicted

Loc: Newport News
City or County: Newport News
Try contacting Sterling Arsenal. They do all sorts of work including barrel threading and should be able to advise on how much barrel length from the muzzle is needed.