Who's Online
12 registered (PapaBear, Drewman804, shannonakamitch, Kandroo, SugarSkullArms, Gkimon, nickjlvirginia, hoyt em, 4 invisible), 10 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1662426 - 07/30/20 03:27 PM interesting ......
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
......most men,confronted by a bad situation,don't try and change the rules while they are playing the game.........but haven't met many grown men or women in the last couple of decades.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53597975

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1662429 - 07/30/20 03:41 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
Lastlaugh Offline
Appalachian American

Loc: Poquoson, VA
City or County: Poquoson
Well, an old Commie like you would be very happy with mail-In voting I'm sure.

The rest of us want our election to be honest and fair. If you cannot control the sanctity of the voting process, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

#1662431 - 07/30/20 03:58 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline

Commie?Geeze,showing your age a bit there,arn't you boy?

Considering that not only does his family mostly seems to vote by mail,as well as a lot of his inner circle,seems that it is bit of sour grapes.

Me,I LOVE VOTING IN PERSON.But if you haven't noticed,there is an epidemic going on.I've few elders still alive,and they like to vote as well.Will you deny them their right to vote?Even though I am classed "at risk"(age) I want to vote,preferably in person.But if it saves even one of those older than me from illness,sure,I'll vote by mail.

BTW,I am also classed as an "essential worker".Toolmakers keep the equipment running/make repair parts that makes PPE and medical equipment.

AND PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER D**N THING THAT IS STILL MADE IN THIS COUNTRY THAT IS NOT AN INTERNET APP.

Want us to strike?

DENY US THE RIGHT TO VOTE.

... I've never been a union member,but will respect that picket line.

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

#1662440 - 07/30/20 04:37 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
dusty if you lean any farther to the left you will fall over, not sure how you cant see mail in voting will be full of fraud

#1662443 - 07/30/20 04:46 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: imaduckin]
dustydog Offline

Originally Posted By: imaduckin
dusty if you lean any farther to the left you will fall over, not sure how you cant see mail in voting will be full of fraud

Duckin,let me share a thought from back in the '70s when I raced motorcycles:

old crippled up rider to my younger self:"son,if you can turn the ton,fine.But you really know who you are when you feel gravel hitting your knee" John the Rhymer.gone but not forgotten

#1662444 - 07/30/20 04:47 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: imaduckin]
panic788 Offline
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Alexandria

Hasn't voting by mail been the de facto standard for active duty military not at home, put in place by republicans since the war of northern aggression?

#1662492 - 07/30/20 07:25 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
Absentee voting and mail-in are not the same, despite with the left would like you to believe. Kind of like how they try to convince everyone that you can order a gun online; the implication being that it comes right to your house. Factually it is correct but they omit crucial information.

#1662511 - 07/30/20 08:33 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
^^^^

#1662623 - 07/31/20 11:52 AM Re: interesting ...... [Re: imaduckin]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
....not sure how you cant see mail in voting will be full of fraud

Oh, he sees it!

#1662658 - 07/31/20 03:13 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
Was it NJ that did mail in voting and 10% were invalidated. That is a lot of either fraud attempts or disenfranchisement.

Exhibit 2. Dino Rossi is elected governor of Washington. Only the mystical appearance of ballots turned the election over on the 3rd try. What did Washington learn, don't actually leave it up to the people. Make sure that 110% of voters registered vote. Tommy Boy actually happened, the difference was the media didn't care and it wasn't funny.

#1662659 - 07/31/20 03:14 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

I get junk mail for 4 people... looks like 5 people are voting Trump.

#1662662 - 07/31/20 03:31 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

If anyone wants to talk abt mail in voting, they need to talk abt wiping the roles first and making everyone sign up again.

#1662669 - 07/31/20 04:24 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
Lastlaugh Offline
Appalachian American

Yep, I know about Absentee voting. I spent the last 2+ decades voting absentee. I voted from North Africa, Iraq, and other middle eastern hell holes. It was a gigantic PITA, and I (and hundreds of thousands of other military members) received 2 different letters telling me that my vote had not been counted that year. (Both times during the Obama admin).

Absentee voting is a last ditch effort to allow folks to vote who have no other way. It is flawed at best, and almost always taken advantage of by the left. Now, this "mail in voting" that they have brought up recently, is NOT absentee voting. They are trying to email or snail mail a ballot to you, which you will fill out and return. None of us are stupid enough to believe you think that is a good method.

The ONLY reason the left is pushing for it is due to the ease of voter fraud and you know it.

#1662670 - 07/31/20 04:28 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
Lastlaugh Offline
Appalachian American

oh and because you obviously have never read the Constitution, I'll clear it up for you.

You have no "Right to vote". There is no such thing. Never was since the founding of this country.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

Good thing we have NEVER BEEN A DEMOCRACY huh?

Edited by Lastlaugh (07/31/20 04:30 PM)

#1662815 - 08/01/20 08:34 AM Re: interesting ...... [Re: Lastlaugh]
dustydog Offline

Originally Posted By: Lastlaugh
oh and because you obviously have never read the Constitution, I'll clear it up for you.

You have no "Right to vote". There is no such thing. Never was since the founding of this country.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

Good thing we have NEVER BEEN A DEMOCRACY huh?

follow the Scottish school of economics,eh? You do understand that adam smith was a monarchist and wrong,don't you?

#1663077 - 08/02/20 12:06 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
ruckersvillan Offline
Angry Southern Deplorable White Christian Male

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ruckersville/Greene County
Its amazing to me, how all of the poor minorities, elderly, and other disenfranchised people are in mortal fear for their life that they cannot make it to vote, but have no problem going to Walmart, grocery stores etc. What a crock of **VOTE IN NOVEMBER**, just another liberal scheme to allow the trash to vote...
Should go back to poll tax, land ownership etc. All of you do gooders singing coom by ya really think that some piece of **VOTE IN NOVEMBER** on welfare paying 0 into the system should vote? They have NO SKIN IN THE GAME. A government run on the principle of robbing Paul to pay Peter, will soon be run by Peter....

I'll cling to my guns and religion and you can take both from my cold dead hands

We Need To Play Cowboys And Liberals

#1663089 - 08/02/20 01:05 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline

^^^^^^^
Much the same argument used by the English landed class to rationalize the suppression of the "bog Irish Papist white trash" in Ireland.

care to try better?

#1663148 - 08/02/20 03:36 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
ruckersvillan Offline
Angry Southern Deplorable White Christian Male

City or County: Ruckersville/Greene County
I'm not 'trying' anything, its my opinion 'bud'. I care not whether you agree or disagree. Like it, dislike it, or go to hell makes no difference to me.

I'll cling to my guns and religion and you can take both from my cold dead hands

We Need To Play Cowboys And Liberals

#1663169 - 08/02/20 06:06 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: ruckersvillan]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Originally Posted By: ruckersvillan
....Should go back to poll tax, land ownership etc....

I agree.
Only citizens actually vested in America should be allowed to vote: Home/land owners. those who have served, citizens with a certain amount of time in public-service jobs, or pay a substantial poll tax.
When your vote is worth something your vote will count.

#1663211 - 08/02/20 07:51 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax
Hah. I love reading your posts. Finally someone who reads their history. Did you get to the point where the Irish were not white, and instead classified as mongoloid/lessers by the high thinking society?

#1663212 - 08/02/20 07:54 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: bustedknee]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax
Ooh, this makes me mad. Classifying individuals right to self-governance as a function of their economic status. Ask the french how such a system worked out when guns bring the peasantry to an equal playing field.

#1663219 - 08/02/20 08:10 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
Paratus Offline
Addicted

City or County: Appomattox
Originally Posted By: dustydog
Commie?Geeze,showing your age a bit there,arn't you boy?

Considering that not only does his family mostly seems to vote by mail,as well as a lot of his inner circle,seems that it is bit of sour grapes.

Me,I LOVE VOTING IN PERSON.But if you haven't noticed,there is an epidemic going on.I've few elders still alive,and they like to vote as well.Will you deny them their right to vote?Even though I am classed "at risk"(age) I want to vote,preferably in person.But if it saves even one of those older than me from illness,sure,I'll vote by mail.

BTW,I am also classed as an "essential worker".Toolmakers keep the equipment running/make repair parts that makes PPE and medical equipment.

AND PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER D**N THING THAT IS STILL MADE IN THIS COUNTRY THAT IS NOT AN INTERNET APP.

Want us to strike?

DENY US THE RIGHT TO VOTE.

... I've never been a union member,but will respect that picket line.

"Deny us the right to vote". Love it when libs attempt blackmail. Vote by mail is a recipe for fraud. This is already in evidence to anyone who reads. Another dumb Dem idea (sorry for the redundancy). lunacy.

#1663236 - 08/02/20 09:02 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline

Just love it when people that actually hope to be lead by a demagouge take a shot at freedom.Most of the responses seem to be from people that want to say"yes,daddy' when on their knees.

#1663444 - 08/03/20 03:53 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: dustydog]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

What has not been shown is a NEED to vote by mail.
Stores have been open, people have been at work. What is the need to vote by mail? There isn't one. What has been shown is that there is a bunch of reasons not to, both logistic and validity being the most prominent.

What I find particularly sad is the inability to debate the actual issues and address them.

On another issue I would have no problem denying the right to vote federally to people who don't pay income taxes and aren't on social security.

#1663477 - 08/03/20 05:58 PM Re: interesting ...... [Re: a_s]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

I've always thought the vote could be accomplished on the tax return.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >