Who's Online
8 registered (Redskins88, Hiimjimmeh, Tm965, er98ah, 4 invisible), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1715053 - 01/15/21 08:44 PM Getting a DC handgun permit
Oakers3 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: VA
City or County: Falls Church
Has anyone done this? I see there are classes to take and you have to pay to register each gun that will go into the city. There are classes that they make you take. I had a NYS carry license, have a VA carry license, a NY hunting license and can easily get a VA hunting license and also have a Utah handgun permit. Do I have to retake the classes and how much? Please fill me in on the process. Thanks

#1715107 - 01/15/21 10:59 PM Re: Getting a DC handgun permit [Re: Oakers3]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
I’ve never looked into it, because there are so many conflicting jurisdictions. You may be able to carry on the street, but if you wind up on the grounds of a federal building, a specific agency, or whatever you may be an instant felon.

#1715130 - 01/16/21 06:19 AM Re: Getting a DC handgun permit [Re: Oakers3]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
Keep in mind in some areas the sidewalks count as federal property outside of those buildings. When I worked in DC I watched a few Secret Service uniformed officers outside the Treasury building kicking a vendor (shirts or hotdogs or something I dunno) off of the sidewalk and tell him he'd be arrested if he came back. I had tons of time on my hands and was getting paid by the hour so I asked a uniformed officer why they booted him off the sidewalk. The response was something along the lines of he was on federal property and that the boundary actually extended to the streets edge, not the gate thinggy.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1716974 - 01/20/21 04:23 PM Re: Getting a DC handgun permit [Re: Oakers3]
DRDinthe703 Offline
9mm Junkie

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ashland
All the info you need.

https://mpdc.dc.gov/page/applying-license-carry-handgun

I lived there for 5 years. There's a reason why I moved out!

#1717778 - 01/22/21 06:29 PM Re: Getting a DC handgun permit [Re: Oakers3]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
Easiest way to get a permit in dirty city is to contact realtor for listing of va properties.