Who's Online
15 registered (Phillip408, Lthrnck1775, cadi86, ORCGUY, Bpearce312, hammer553, SNN, Siggeek, Apple a Day, Topkick, Eric Pugh, 4 invisible), 21 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1422733 - 11/15/18 03:02 PM How many is to many
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
How many ARs is to many, these things are so much fun

#1422808 - 11/15/18 06:47 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
No number is too great in the current political climate.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1422863 - 11/15/18 09:00 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
Ideally you should have 3. SBR or ""Pistol" AR. Carbine or Mid Length AR, and finally a Rifle length or long range AR. After that you should probably start adding to your pistol and shogun collection.

#1423061 - 11/16/18 02:48 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
Casull Offline
Addicted

City or County: Buckingham
Hard to think of a more useless firearm than a "Pistol" AR.

#1423064 - 11/16/18 02:56 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Casull]
FrostyEOD Offline

Loc: New Mexico
City or County: Moriarty
nnn

#1423089 - 11/16/18 04:29 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Casull]
Paratus Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Appomattox
Originally Posted By: Casull
Hard to think of a more useless firearm than a "Pistol" AR.

I have to agree with you. That said, I dislike ARs generally so there may be some other bias at work here. I have a CZ Scorpion PCC that I am trying to figure out what the heck I would use it for or do with it so I suppose I can't throw rocks at Casull.

#1423107 - 11/16/18 05:21 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
Why do so many people hate Pistol AR's?!?! With a 10.5 inch barrel shooting 55 grn .556 these are devastating weapons at realistic self defense range. They are great for close quarters combat and for use inside of vehicles, they also penetrate armor and have much better ballistics than a pistol caliber.

#1423115 - 11/16/18 05:34 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: toughtom12]
Casull Offline
Addicted

Originally Posted By: toughtom12
Why do so many people hate Pistol AR's?!?! With a 10.5 inch barrel shooting 55 grn .556 these are devastating weapons at realistic self defense range. They are great for close quarters combat and for use inside of vehicles, they also penetrate armor and have much better ballistics than a pistol caliber.

Well, they're too big to be an effective pistol and too clumsy and inaccurate to be a useful rifle. Other than that, I guess they're fine.

#1423161 - 11/16/18 07:04 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
YounGun Offline
This is A Custom Title

Loc: CO
City or County: CO
Inaccurate? Somebody still believes barrel length equates to accuracy... Lower velocity and perhaps effective distance? Sure. Inaccurate? Not related.

Also nobody built a pistol ar15 to replace a handgun. They build pistol ar15s as smaller ar15s...

As to the answer to the OP, no number is too great. Gotta get em all! wink

I am presently living outside VA. All posts are for parts or items that will ship from states where said items are stored, which means all deals will be mail deals. Check my profile and decide your comfort with that before messaging. Thanks!

#1423167 - 11/16/18 07:14 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: YounGun]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Originally Posted By: YounGun
Inaccurate? Somebody still believes barrel length equates to accuracy... Lower velocity and perhaps effective distance? Sure. Inaccurate? Not related.

Also nobody built a pistol ar15 to replace a handgun. They build pistol ar15s as smaller ar15s...

As to the answer to the OP, no number is too great. Gotta get em all! wink

This. Threepdog mall ninja fudds think that AR pistols are inaccurate because they are short????? Thats because they are the same people who go to the range and only shoot 100 rounds or less, once a month. They have no clue what the actual purpose of an AR pistol is. They clearly don't do any sort of accuracy testing to find a good load for their gun, or take the time to learn the platform well enough to be accurate with it. AND,not everyone wants to ride the NFA train just to have a short semi automatic firearm in a rifle caliber that takes a standard 30 round mag. If they can't see the purpose behind it, save em for me, I'll buy them.

Edited by Verylargeboots (11/16/18 07:15 PM)

#1423196 - 11/16/18 08:46 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Verylargeboots]
Casull Offline
Addicted

"They have no clue what the actual purpose of an AR pistol is."

If it had an actual purpose (that couldn't be covered better by another firearm), it would have been invented long ago.

#1423197 - 11/16/18 08:49 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Casull]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

If it had an actual purpose (that couldn't be covered better by another firearm), it would have been invented long ago.

It was invented. But it's an NFA firearm. Hellooooo, SBR?????.

#1423198 - 11/16/18 08:56 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Casull]
YounGun Offline
This is A Custom Title

Originally Posted By: Verylargeboots

It was invented. But it's an NFA firearm. Hellooooo, SBR?????.

Yeah, at least to me, this is horrendous logic. Shorter versions of full size rifles have been around for quite a while, dare I say pretty much as long as cartridges have been around... This is no new concept. Oddly specific and weird workarounds for arbitrary laws notwithstanding, these existed in one form or another. A pistol format is just another variation that sits within the specific laws currently in our country. "Invented" is not really the right word to use here, in my opinion. But you know, opinions are like those things everyone has that stink.

Edited by YounGun (11/16/18 08:58 PM)

I am presently living outside VA. All posts are for parts or items that will ship from states where said items are stored, which means all deals will be mail deals. Check my profile and decide your comfort with that before messaging. Thanks!

#1423204 - 11/16/18 09:16 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: YounGun]
Casull Offline
Addicted

"It was invented. But it's an NFA firearm. Hellooooo, SBR?????."

It's NOT an SBR. If it was, it would have a shoulder stock. More akin to a mare's leg (another basically useless weapon). In other words, a solution looking for a problem. It's a hybrid that doesn't do anything as well as the two things it was conceived from. The AR platform has been around for over 50 years. This "great" hybrid has been around a few years, because it serves no real purpose, other than to look tacticool.

#1423206 - 11/16/18 09:18 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: YounGun]
Casull Offline
Addicted

"Shorter versions of full size rifles have been around for quite a while, dare I say pretty much as long as cartridges have been around... This is no new concept."

Yes, shorter versions have been around a while, because they make sense. The bullpup makes sense. The M4 over the M16 makes sense for the job it does. The "pistol AR" does not.

#1423207 - 11/16/18 09:25 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Casull]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

"It was invented. But it's an NFA firearm. Hellooooo, SBR?????."

It's NOT an SBR. If it was, it would have a shoulder stock. More akin to a mare's leg (another basically useless weapon). In other words, a solution looking for a problem. It's a hybrid that doesn't do anything as well as the two things it was conceived from. The AR platform has been around for over 50 years. This "great" hybrid has been around a few years, because it serves no real purpose, other than to look tacticool.

Uhhh...you can shoulder a brace. So its basically an SBR without a stamp. Glad thats the only thing you picked up on, as well as your ignorance of current laws. ATFs current opinion is its fine. So AR pistol with brace=SBR. Your argument is invalid.

And this " It's a hybrid that doesn't do anything as well as the two things it was conceived from." Makes ZERO SENSE. The AR platform serves no purpose?? Want to break it down a little more ?

#1423209 - 11/16/18 09:30 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Casull]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

"Shorter versions of full size rifles have been around for quite a while, dare I say pretty much as long as cartridges have been around... This is no new concept."

Yes, shorter versions have been around a while, because they make sense. The bullpup makes sense. The M4 over the M16 makes sense for the job it does. The "pistol AR" does not.

NOW I GET IT. Lol. You're a TROLL. Haha. Poor guy. Wanna explain why the AR pistol doesn't make sense? And don't give me that crap about a short barrel being inaccurate. Valid reasons.

Edited by Verylargeboots (11/16/18 09:32 PM)

#1423211 - 11/16/18 09:35 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
YounGun Offline
This is A Custom Title

So a Mk18 makes sense, but a 10.3" barrel mk18 clone with an adjustable brace does not? How does it not "Do anything as well as the two things it was conceived from"? It does it identically well. You would be bending some serious laws of physics to say it somehow performs any differently other than a brace vs stock, both shoulder-able at this current junction, both very similar with modern technology. Same everything except an arbitrary definition of the thing wrapping around the buffer tube.

Defining pistol ar15s differently than short ar15s makes no sense what-so-ever. They are identical other than a work around to fit within the legal requirements of our country. Functionally- identical.

Also what does "It's a hybrid that doesn't do anything as well as the two things it was conceived from." mean? What was a pistol braced ar15 a hybrid of? What were it's 2 parent things that conceived it? An SBR and a Rifle? So much facepalm in this...

We agree on one thing- the Mare's Leg is absolutely useless. wink

Edit to add: Also what problems are inherent there? It is functionally identical to any other ar15, but with a brace instead of a stock... You could say the same about choosing a lesser manufacturer of a stock (or any part for that matter) over another, so that is not inherently a problem with pistol ar15s.

#1423213 - 11/16/18 09:43 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
Saiga Shooter Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: Hampton Roads
City or County: Norfolk
I've got a 12.5inch barrel ar15 pistol chambered in 6.5 grendel.....rounds stay supersonic out to 850 yards and they carry the same energy at the muzzle as 7.62x39 from a 16inch barrel....what were you saying about pistol ar's being useless?

#1423217 - 11/16/18 10:06 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
Casull Offline
Addicted

LOL. Just because you like them and I don't see the point, I'm a troll. Well, you all just go back to your lovein with the Pistol AR worship and I'll just keep away from this subject. You all are just a bit too wrapped up with such nonsense for my tastes.

#1423223 - 11/16/18 10:14 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
YounGun Offline
This is A Custom Title

< doesn't own a pistol ar as of now. Just an sbr. So very little bias. Just verifying there is no logical difference between them, thus no functional difference... I think the word nonsense is assigned to when someone has a huge bias towards something with no way to back why they have such a bias... not to someone debating the lack of functional differences between 2 all but identical objects.

#1423224 - 11/16/18 10:15 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Casull]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

LOL. Just because you like them and I don't see the point, I'm a troll. Well, you all just go back to your lovein with the Pistol AR worship and I'll just keep away from this subject. You all are just a bit too wrapped up with such nonsense for my tastes.

Wrong again. You can't provide a reasonable explanation, nor can you put up a valid argument. Bashing something without backing up your opinion is trolling. Not to mention ignoring a lot of whats been posted by others in the thread.

#1423228 - 11/16/18 10:22 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Casull]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Attachments
b0b.jpg

#1423236 - 11/16/18 10:45 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: Verylargeboots]
Casull Offline
Addicted

"Wrong again. You can't provide a reasonable explanation, nor can you put up a valid argument."

Oh, I get it. You're one of those guys who is always right. Just because you can't understand my explanation, I don't have one. Is that it? I pretty clearly gave my explanation. The pistol AR is too big and unwieldy to make a good pistol, and they aren't as stable as a rifle. Whether you agree with me or not, that IS an explanation. But, I guess only your opinion counts. I've spent the last 40+ years with firearms, shooting them, collecting them, trading them. The foregoing is my opinion of why the pistol AR is about as useful as a mare's leg. Now, you don't have to agree with me (just like I don't have to agree with you), but when you start lobbing personal insults because you don't like my opinion, then you show yourself to be exactly what you are.

#1423239 - 11/16/18 10:53 PM Re: How many is to many [Re: imaduckin]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
IM SORRY LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >