Probably preaching to the choir here, but I called Elaine Luria's office and asked if she holds the same position on impeachment (since she voted to impeach Trump) as other elected officials. I mentioned specifically Maxine waters' and Ilhan Omars' violent rhetoric. This is what I got; Looks like unless its a Republican, she does not want to answer the question, but just send out a basic statement.

Thank you for contacting me about another House Member’s comments. It is an honor to represent you in Congress and hearing from constituents like you enables me to best serve Coastal Virginia.

As you know, most Members of Congress use social media as a platform to express their opinions. I often disagree with comments that other members make. Occasionally I express my disagreement publicly, and sometimes I express it to them individually.

For example, I coauthored a letter with Representative Josh Gottheimer (NJ-05) asking Democratic leadership to condemn the anti-Semitic rhetoric that has recently surfaced. Signed by 23 of our House colleagues, the letter explained the historical context of anti-Semitic language used by some Members of Congress. House leadership soon issued a statement condemning the rhetoric in question.

Please be assured that I will conduct myself in a respectable and civil fashion and hold my colleagues to the same standard.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you should have any further questions or concerns. If you would like to subscribe to my e-newsletter, please visit my website here.

Sincerely,

Elaine Luria
Member of Congress