Who's Online
17 registered (Gkimon, FEgg, WagonBurner, spaatz11, SlickStang, rvaarmory, hino895, Agunner, Order66, MHighway, Racin Junkie, goosenfl, ElderOne, TheFielder, 3 invisible), 12 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1819002 - 10/30/21 07:59 AM last Sunday
ruckersvillan Offline
Angry Southern Deplorable White Christian Male

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ruckersville/Greene County
A friend of mine wanted me to help him sight in a scope on his Ar15. He bought a vortex crossfire and just mounted it, no boresight,no nothing. We set up last Sunday to do it. My dad wanted me to show him how to use his Ar15 again, ( every so often he does this lol) and he also wanted to shoot his 30/30.
We have our own shooting range that goes out to 120-130 yards to the berm. I haven't shot much lately with ammo being like it is. I have plenty but just hate to shoot it with the high cost of replacing it.
Anyway, I got John's ar sighted in, its about 1.5 high at 100 yards. Dads has irons, and he was hitting a 8 inch plate all day long. I could hit a 3 inch but my eyes are a little better, my father is 73. He hit the smaller one a few times but was giving the 8 inch hell.
Dad then got his marlin 336 and was burning up the targets. My friend wanted to shoot dads 336 and now he wants a 30-30.
My friend's 8 year old son came along and he was flat out deadly with his .22, James was nailing everything with a 15-22. My son who is 5 just watched, but he loves his toy guns.
The reason I'm writing this is just to remind people to take time to do some shooting. It was a beautiful day and we had a blast for several hours. Good friends, and family, Thats what life is all about ain't it?
My father, and my buddy are not "gun guys", but both of them had a wonderful time. My friend wanted to know if I would take him and his boy hunting sometime this fall.
I just wonder if most of the anti-gun/anti-hunter folks could get the chance to do what we did, if they would change their minds some?

I'll cling to my guns and religion and you can take both from my cold dead hands

We Need To Play Cowboys And Liberals

#1819211 - 10/30/21 08:26 PM Re: last Sunday [Re: ruckersvillan]
Greginva Offline
Marksman

Loc: Partlow, VA
City or County: Spotsylvania
Sounds like a great, safe, and fun day…ya can’t beat that!

#1838618 - 12/29/21 08:50 PM Re: last Sunday [Re: ruckersvillan]
Rogpog Offline
Grandpoobar

Loc: "The plains"
City or County: Fauqier county
Amen!!!
The only way I can see value in our 'off work' time is to go back to work, punch the clock on your time off...actually get paid for the time you would otherwise allot to handloading...that would be a value...but, you prolly wouldn't shoot as much.