Cost of cutting a G17 slide for optic?

Posted by: Jimmm

Cost of cutting a G17 slide for optic? - 06/09/21 12:02 AM

What’s the cost? Do they need to refinish the whole slide? I can’t seem to buy a aftermarket G17 Gen 3 slide precut and with all components including the barrel installed. It is probably cheaper that way. I found some +P+ 9mm ammo and would love to have a optic 9mm gun running a 7 or 8 inches barrel when I go coyote and hog hunting with.
Posted by: ChrisC

Re: Cost of cutting a G17 slide for optic? - 06/09/21 01:49 PM

Check Suarez International. They can be dicks, but their products are solid and well worth the cost. Much better value than comparable products in my experience.

Re: Cost of cutting a G17 slide for optic? - 06/09/21 02:08 PM

Is that Suarez from the LAPD personnel with ling history of collecting disability checks while running a training school? If so, yes their products and training are great but they do posses elitist attitude. I learnt a few things from Gabe Suarez training videos back in the days.

I also heard Rocky is good and they do a complete aftermarket slide with barrel for $350 plus shipping. I can’t seem to find one in stock though. I figure I get a complete upper for the range and night stand and use the factory setup for the EDC; I am a fan of KISS when it cones to EDC gun and want to keep everything factory and streamlined.
Posted by: Ali

Re: Cost of cutting a G17 slide for optic? - 06/11/21 08:11 AM

Given the cost of a factory glock, aren't there already manufacturers with slides available with the necessary cutouts?

Re: Cost of cutting a G17 slide for optic? - 06/11/21 03:30 PM

The very same Suarez

Re: Cost of cutting a G17 slide for optic? - 06/11/21 03:31 PM

That’s what we’re talking about; aftermarket slides cut for an optic

Re: Cost of cutting a G17 slide for optic? - 06/11/21 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Ali
Given the cost of a factory glock, aren't there already manufacturers with slides available with the necessary cutouts?

I haven’t seen factory Glock slide with optic cutout. i want a complete slide package, with barrel even better, so I can have a different package for home verse carry and range. $350 for a complete upper is fair considering an AR15 upper can cost that much and handle much higher pressure round such as .223 and 6.5 Grendel.
Posted by: Ali

Re: Cost of cutting a G17 slide for optic? - 06/11/21 05:39 PM

My mistake.