BHFISH

Posted by: UBETRUN

BHFISH - 04/07/17 10:41 PM

On Monday evening by PM, he agreed to buy my shotgun and we agreed to meet Friday (today) at 3pm because he would be in the area. When I gave him my cell number and asked him to text me if anything changes on his end, he gave me his cell number, assured me nothing would change, told me to check his feedback as proof nothing would change, and said he's "not like the tire kicking idiots that are on here more and more".

On Thursday evening, he asked and I verified by PM that we were still on for Friday at 3pm.

Today at noon, he sent a PM saying he had to work in Roanoke unexpectedly, wouldn't be in Stafford at 3pm like we planned, and asked if we could meet later this evening or tomorrow. At 2:30pm, I called him on his cell phone and explained that I was leaving town early tomorrow morning but could still meet later this evening. He said it would take him about four hours to get from Roanoke to Stafford and that he would call when he was getting close.

At 7:30PM, I tried to call his cell and he didn't answer. I then sent him a text asking if he was still on his way and when he didn't answer that either, I sent him a PM assuming that he's a no-show.

After he got the PM assuming he was a no-show, he replied to my text and PM saying he couldn't make it tonight and that he's not a no-show because he just told me he wasn't going to make it...over an hour after we were supposed to meet.

I could have got into the hot tub after cutting the grass but didn't so I could meet with him if he arrived before 6:30pm. I could have taken a little nap after cutting the grass and soaking in the hot tub but didn't so I could meet with him if he arrived at 6:30pm. And I could have taken my wife out to dinner after cutting the grass, soaking in the hot tub, and taking a little nap but didn't so I could meet with him if he arrived after 6:30pm. But it wasn't the time I spent waiting for him instead of doing fun things that bothers me the most, it's him pretending he's not a no-show because he let me know that "things happen" over an hour after we rescheduled to meet.
Posted by: BobVA

Re: BHFISH - 04/08/17 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By: UBETRUN
On Monday evening by PM, he agreed to buy my shotgun and we agreed to meet Friday (today) at 3pm because he would be in the area. When I gave him my cell number and asked him to text me if anything changes on his end, he gave me his cell number, assured me nothing would change, told me to check his feedback as proof nothing would change, and said he's "not like the tire kicking idiots that are on here more and more".

On Thursday evening, he asked and I verified by PM that we were still on for Friday at 3pm.

Today at noon, he sent a PM saying he had to work in Roanoke unexpectedly, wouldn't be in Stafford at 3pm like we planned, and asked if we could meet later this evening or tomorrow. At 2:30pm, I called him on his cell phone and explained that I was leaving town early tomorrow morning but could still meet later this evening. He said it would take him about four hours to get from Roanoke to Stafford and that he would call when he was getting close.

At 7:30PM, I tried to call his cell and he didn't answer. I then sent him a text asking if he was still on his way and when he didn't answer that either, I sent him a PM assuming that he's a no-show.

After he got the PM assuming he was a no-show, he replied to my text and PM saying he couldn't make it tonight and that he's not a no-show because he just told me he wasn't going to make it...over an hour after we were supposed to meet.

I could have got into the hot tub after cutting the grass but didn't so I could meet with him if he arrived before 6:30pm. I could have taken a little nap after cutting the grass and soaking in the hot tub but didn't so I could meet with him if he arrived at 6:30pm. And I could have taken my wife out to dinner after cutting the grass, soaking in the hot tub, and taking a little nap but didn't so I could meet with him if he arrived after 6:30pm. But it wasn't the time I spent waiting for him instead of doing fun things that bothers me the most, it's him pretending he's not a no-show because he let me know that "things happen" over an hour after we rescheduled to meet.

PM sent to BHFISH encouraging him to respond. Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.
Posted by: BHFISH

Re: BHFISH - 04/08/17 01:38 PM

I in no way intended to stand this guy up.

I text and PM'D him stating I wasn't going to make it and it was not after the fact like he is insinuating.

I said I was sorry I couldn't make it earlier many times and I meant it. He continued to call me a liar by text.

We never had a designated meet time. I told him I would text him when close

Unfortunately I was not able to make it to his area until about 845pm due to 2 flat tires on my company vehicle.
I have done many deals on VAGT and met some really nice people both buying and selling. This guy is not one of them and his previous comments are not the way the situation went down. My feedback on the site speaks for its self.
Posted by: BobVA

Re: BHFISH - 04/08/17 02:34 PM

Both sides have responded. Thread locked.