H&Kdude

Posted by: Enbloc

H&Kdude - 02/02/19 11:04 AM

H&Kdude is a bad VAGT member to deal with. I had a PTR-91 up FS/FT a few weeks ago and H&Kdude messaged me stating he had a couple guns I listed in the trade options (Mas rifle, fn49, and k31). I said great and we started texting. The first bad sign was that H&Kdude apparently didn't even have a Mas, he just thought he did. No big deal. I was still interested in the K31 and a Fin mosin he had sent a picture of. I asked some condition questions, he ignored one of the texts for a day. I text him a few times, and I ended up just deciding to lock the trade (because they looked good enough from the pics) in on Jan 6. After intially no response to me accepting the trade offered, he texts me TWO days later asking if I wanted to meet that same evening at Green top. I offer an alternate meeting place, and ask him again to clarify any defects that I had asked about if needed. He says he will give the info later, and is firm on Greentop. So I agree to 6:30. Then he says 3 hours before the meet he can't meet due to work and says he will contact me when back next week...and that's the end of H&K dude. I text him a few days later just a friendly asking if he was back yet Jan11/14, then asked for a simple update on Jan17 and then again on Jan19. Finally on Jan 20 I send the final text saying I will be leaving neg feedback, and moving on, but we could still work something out if possible.

The fact that he failed to follow through on a deal that he offered, never updated me, ran me along and wasted weeks of my time while other buyers waited shows H&Kdude's history of decent feedback should be taken with a grain of salt. As a side-note, I checked the user list and he was online several days during the week he stopped communicating. I had to relist my gun because other interested parties had moved on since I took it down as spf. I've had tons and tons of deals where the buyer or seller backed out and I didn't give neg feedback because they sent me a simple message explaining why they couldn't or wouldn't and saved me time even if it was a poor reason. Backing out of a deal without saying anything after weeks of comms, and then ghosting someone is one of the worst things you could do as a member here.

I hope this was just a one time thing. I understand stuff happens, but all I need is a simple couple of texts, no one is too busy for that when talking hundreds of dollars in deals and weeks of time. I don't like having to write up negative feedback. Anyway, I recommend not dealing with H&Kdude.

Text screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/qJX40aY

Edit: Spelling
Posted by: BobVA

Re: H&Kdude - 02/03/19 10:46 AM

PM sent to H&Kdude for response.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.