Cassie (again)

Posted by: Scuba_Steve

Cassie (again) - 05/03/20 01:50 PM

Add me to the list of people Cassie has made a deal with before disappearing.

Cassie offered to buy a pistol from me last week. We agreed on a price and meet place for that same day...and then he ghosted me. For days, before I finally realized he was welshing and that I shouldn't have been turning down other people.

He has good feedback on his profile, but I wished I had clicked on the one Mod link that is there, which would have taken me to this forum. Here's a second entry for him in a little over a month.

Overview of the messages we exchanged on this board:

Wednesday:

10:05 am
- Cassie contacts me via PM and makes an offer on a pistol I had for sale here, stating he could meet anytime that day.
10:49 am - I reply with a counteroffer.
11:28 am - He accepts. We have a deal.
11:36 am - I repeat the terms in the ad (VA resident, F2F meet in a Reston, etc) and ask him if there is any particular place he'd like to meet in Reston and at what time
1:26 pm - He suggests a location in Reston, tells me he is 30 minutes away from there, and asks when I can meet him there
1:28 pm - I respond (two minutes later) that I am ten minutes from there and can meet him at any time. I also give him my phone number.

He never responds. Not that day. Not the next day. Or the next. Or ever.

Wednesday 3:08 pm - I ask him if he is still interested and that I thought we had a deal. No answer.

Thursday 11:07 am - I again ask if he is still in...and to please let me know either way. No answer.

Friday 5:47 pm - I message him again, telling him I am just looking for a status update and this is his last chance before I submit negative feedback.

And again, no answer, even though I can see that he has read all of the messages.

The full message chain is here for admin review: PMs for admin review

If a mod wants to see it, I can export it.

Posted by: the cwa

Re: Cassie (again) - 05/04/20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Scuba_Steve
Add me to the list of people Cassie has made a deal with before disappearing.

Cassie offered to buy a pistol from me last week. We agreed on a price and meet place for that same day...and then he ghosted me. For days, before I finally realized he was welshing and that I shouldn't have been turning down other people.

He has good feedback on his profile, but I wished I had clicked on the one Mod link that is there, which would have taken me to this forum. Here's a second entry for him in a little over a month.

Overview of the messages we exchanged on this board:

Wednesday:

10:05 am
- Cassie contacts me via PM and makes an offer on a pistol I had for sale here, stating he could meet anytime that day.
10:49 am - I reply with a counteroffer.
11:28 am - He accepts. We have a deal.
11:36 am - I repeat the terms in the ad (VA resident, F2F meet in a Reston, etc) and ask him if there is any particular place he'd like to meet in Reston and at what time
1:26 pm - He suggests a location in Reston, tells me he is 30 minutes away from there, and asks when I can meet him there
1:28 pm - I respond (two minutes later) that I am ten minutes from there and can meet him at any time. I also give him my phone number.

He never responds. Not that day. Not the next day. Or the next. Or ever.

Wednesday 3:08 pm - I ask him if he is still interested and that I thought we had a deal. No answer.

Thursday 11:07 am - I again ask if he is still in...and to please let me know either way. No answer.

Friday 5:47 pm - I message him again, telling him I am just looking for a status update and this is his last chance before I submit negative feedback.

And again, no answer, even though I can see that he has read all of the messages.

The full message chain is here for admin review: PMs for admin review

If a mod wants to see it, I can export it.

Pm sent to Cassie for response. Other members are not to respond here.

Cassie's account is in timeout until a response is given for both current negative feedbacks.
Posted by: Scuba_Steve

Re: Cassie (again) - 05/11/20 07:14 PM

Well, it's been a week with no response, so now you know how we feel. wink
Posted by: the cwa

Re: Cassie (again) - 05/16/20 06:06 PM

FOR FAILURE TO RESPOND TO MESSAGES OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS, THIS MEMBER IS BANNED.

SITE MODERATOR,

the cwa