Ignorant_s10

Posted by: handsonaudio

Ignorant_s10 - 08/19/22 08:21 AM

Monday, August 15:
Ignorant_s10 reaches out via VAGT private message and offers a trade: the rifle I have posted for a rifle and pistol he has posted. I counter (rifle for rifle plus cash), and we agree to the new deal as well as a meet on Saturday, August 20.

Tuesday, August 16:
I notice Ignorant_s10 has created a new post for his rifle (the one he was going to trade to me), including a new price as well as some of the infomration I'd offered on the rifle based on my research. I send him another private message, politely asking if we were still planning to meet that Saturday to trade since I'd noticed his new ad. He apologized and said that he'd only reposted since his original ad had "disappeared" and he wanted the ad up in case our deal fell through.

He also had recently posted some additional items and we amend the deal to include one of those items. Then he PMs me asking if we can meet today (Tuesday), despite the late notice, because he'd likely be available before the FFL closed, but if not then Saturday still worked. *The conversation switches to phone text at this point.* I offer a time to meet but he says it's too early for him to make it, but suggests the next few evenings as well. He also says he's still good for Saturday.

Wednesday, August 17:
I text him to see if he's available today or if the original meetup (Saturday) would still be best.
*No response*

Thursday, August 18:
I text him to see if he's available today or if the original meetup (Saturday) would still be best.
*No response*

Friday, August 19:
I decide to send a private message since he's no longer responding to my texts. I notice he removed himself from our PM conversation back on Tuesday evening, then ignored me, preventing any further direction comms on VAGT. I also notice the new ad for his rifle (the one he was going to trade to me) is deleted.

My guess is that he got a better offer for his rifle on Tuesday, sold it that night, and then quit all comms with me despite our original deal. I understand sometimes people get better offers in the midst of pre-existing deals, and everyone approaches those differently. I don't even mind if someone makes you a better offer than mine. I'd just appreciate some kind of heads-up so that A) I'm not turning down other offers for my rifle and B) I'm not adjusting my schedule to meet with you for a deal you no longer intend to follow through on. That's all.
Posted by: the cwa

Re: Ignorant_s10 - 09/05/22 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: handsonaudio
Monday, August 15:
Ignorant_s10 reaches out via VAGT private message and offers a trade: the rifle I have posted for a rifle and pistol he has posted. I counter (rifle for rifle plus cash), and we agree to the new deal as well as a meet on Saturday, August 20.

Tuesday, August 16:
I notice Ignorant_s10 has created a new post for his rifle (the one he was going to trade to me), including a new price as well as some of the infomration I'd offered on the rifle based on my research. I send him another private message, politely asking if we were still planning to meet that Saturday to trade since I'd noticed his new ad. He apologized and said that he'd only reposted since his original ad had "disappeared" and he wanted the ad up in case our deal fell through.

He also had recently posted some additional items and we amend the deal to include one of those items. Then he PMs me asking if we can meet today (Tuesday), despite the late notice, because he'd likely be available before the FFL closed, but if not then Saturday still worked. *The conversation switches to phone text at this point.* I offer a time to meet but he says it's too early for him to make it, but suggests the next few evenings as well. He also says he's still good for Saturday.

Wednesday, August 17:
*No response*

Thursday, August 18:
*No response*

Friday, August 19:
I decide to send a private message since he's no longer responding to my texts. I notice he removed himself from our PM conversation back on Tuesday evening, then ignored me, preventing any further direction comms on VAGT. I also notice the new ad for his rifle (the one he was going to trade to me) is deleted.

My guess is that he got a better offer for his rifle on Tuesday, sold it that night, and then quit all comms with me despite our original deal. I understand sometimes people get better offers in the midst of pre-existing deals, and everyone approaches those differently. I don't even mind if someone makes you a better offer than mine. I'd just appreciate some kind of heads-up so that A) I'm not turning down other offers for my rifle and B) I'm not adjusting my schedule to meet with you for a deal you no longer intend to follow through on. That's all.

MESSAGE SENT TO Ignorant_s10 FOR RESPONSE. OTHER MEMBERS ARE NOT TO RESPOND HERE.
Posted by: Ignorant_s10

Re: Ignorant_s10 - 09/05/22 05:50 PM

If this was about the 30-30, I had countless messages and I thought I had responded to everyone. When I say everyone, I mean like 30-40 people. After a couple of days of chatting with people, someone offered me more than my asking price, and was able to meet that day. I thought I had responded to everyone, but apparently not since I have received a couple of negative comments on my profile. I cleaned up my texts and messages on vagt because like I said, it was 30-40 people in a span of two days. It is what it is unfortunately, I guess that’s what I get for posting a gun for cheap and attracting a lot of attention. So to you and the others, I do apologize, just got disorganized in all the hype over the rifle.