User big_lu_lu

Posted by: AyeCeeTwo

User big_lu_lu - 08/28/23 02:01 PM

Sent me a PM in response to my WTB ad for a beretta 1301 last week. Agreed on price, sent money, seller said he would ship shotgun out on Monday. Get a message a little bit after 12 today from user big_lu_lu saying he was hacked and to no longer deal with the account. Convenient timing. There were warning signs I should’ve picked up such as the account name that I sent money to being different from the name that was in his feedback. If anyone deals with a Jay Dean, buyer beware.
Posted by: the cwa

Re: User big_lu_lu - 08/31/23 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: AyeCeeTwo
Sent me a PM in response to my WTB ad for a beretta 1301 last week. Agreed on price, sent money, seller said he would ship shotgun out on Monday. Get a message a little bit after 12 today from user big_lu_lu saying he was hacked and to no longer deal with the account. Convenient timing. There were warning signs I should’ve picked up such as the account name that I sent money to being different from the name that was in his feedback. If anyone deals with a Jay Dean, buyer beware.

MESSAGE SENT TO big_lu_lu FOR RESPONSE. OTHER MEMBERS ARE NOT TO RESPOND HERE.
Posted by: VaGunTrader

Re: User big_lu_lu - 09/01/23 06:19 AM

He emailed me earlier about being hacked and messages being sent from his account.
Posted by: AyeCeeTwo

Re: User big_lu_lu - 09/01/23 11:42 AM

Right I get that. Am I just SOL? I understand he was hacked but I trusted the profile due to his good feedback and against my better judgement decided to let a red flag or two slip by. At a bare minimum just don’t want this interaction to go unknown by other members in case it happens again.

Edited for following question: what email did he message you from? The actual owner of the account or the person who hacked it?
Posted by: big_lu_lu

Re: User big_lu_lu - 09/07/23 12:46 PM

Appreciate the fact that you mentioned my account was hacked and that the person you dealt with was not me. I have had nothing but positive reviews. All measures on my end to ensure this doesnt happen again have been carried out.