Beware of rangertaylor

Posted by: Pgrizzly

Beware of rangertaylor - 01/22/24 06:44 PM

Rangertaylor had come to agreement back in the spring to swap a kimber I had for 2 of his handguns, upon arrival at the ffl he "determines" that the stock on the kimber had been refinished and he wants to renegotiate to keep one of the pistols. I respectfully decline and drive back 45 minutes from the ffl location. Fast forward to now he has a sporterized Gewer 98 listed for $150, I agree to pay his asking price after which he inquires about items I have listed, he makes several offers but we do not come to an agreement. When I ask about meeting up for the transfer for the rifle he decides he wants "to hold on to it". If it's not for sale, take it off the site. I don't see the need to waste others time and flake out of the deal. See attached screenshots.

MOD EDIT: COVER THE PHONE NUMBER FROM THE SCREENSHOTS AND THEN REPOST THEM.
Posted by: the cwa

Re: Beware of rangertaylor - 01/23/24 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Pgrizzly
Rangertaylor had come to agreement back in the spring to swap a kimber I had for 2 of his handguns, upon arrival at the ffl he "determines" that the stock on the kimber had been refinished and he wants to renegotiate to keep one of the pistols. I respectfully decline and drive back 45 minutes from the ffl location. Fast forward to now he has a sporterized Gewer 98 listed for $150, I agree to pay his asking price after which he inquires about items I have listed, he makes several offers but we do not come to an agreement. When I ask about meeting up for the transfer for the rifle he decides he wants "to hold on to it". If it's not for sale, take it off the site. I don't see the need to waste others time and flake out of the deal. See attached screenshots.

MOD EDIT: COVER THE PHONE NUMBER FROM THE SCREENSHOTS AND THEN REPOST THEM.

MESSAGE SENT TO RANGERTAYLOR FOR RESPONSE. OTHER MEMBERS ARE NOT TO RESPOND HERE.
Posted by: rangertaylor

Re: Beware of rangertaylor - 01/23/24 09:57 PM

Wouldn’t tell me how much the ammo would be in trade for over a week then gives a price of 150 for 24 rounds or 30 for a mixture of seller. Stated prior that he would offer it at lower than retail I decided then I didn’t want to deal with him. Then he continued to text and send emoji’s after I said nope. And his kimber was being traded for three guns not 2 and wasn’t in the condition I wanted and stated he was coming down here for work anyway so we dealt while he was here.