Bugzy

Posted by: BobVA

Bugzy - 03/07/18 10:15 PM

Reports have been received that Bugzy passed on Sunday 3/4/18. He was well known and liked by many many people on this forum and will be greatly missed. He was not just a fellow gun enthusiast, but a great friend to many.

Please, if you get any word on his services or funeral arrangements please reply to this post so that his friends here might have an opportunity to attend.

frown
Posted by: us4stampers

Re: Bugzy - 03/07/18 10:16 PM

RIP Bugzy, We lost a good friend and a great member. I am waiting currently for word on services and location. I will update as soon as I know.

Posted by: troutnut

Re: Bugzy - 03/07/18 11:24 PM

Damn I hate to hear that.
Posted by: stockram

Re: Bugzy - 03/07/18 11:47 PM

Sorry to see that also. I didnt know him well but did do a few deals with him and he was a good guy to deal with on here, will pray for whatever family he left behind.
Posted by: GLN305

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 12:04 AM

RIP Rodney. I am very saddened to hear about this, it came as a huge shock. Keep friends and family close, we all need each other.
Posted by: Chingon

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 07:18 AM

Gaaawdammit, Rod. My heart is broke. frown
Posted by: jmb_nova

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 07:48 AM

RIP Rodney.

frown
Posted by: Dadcpu

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 09:13 AM

You are and will be missed by many brother, I will miss our talks...rest in peace.
Posted by: lawman90

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 09:34 AM

Rest in peace sir. I never got to meet you, but I always enjoyed your discussions in the shout box.
Posted by: CheroHunt

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 09:35 AM

Rest in peace brother. You will be missed by many.
Posted by: liebherr804

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 10:10 AM

rip old friend, you helped when no one else would. And where such a kind and good soul. You will be missed by many old friend.
Posted by: CaptMac

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 12:15 PM

This is terrible News the world will be a lessor place without him. Fair winds and following seas my friend.
Posted by: LaserJock

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 12:15 PM

Meet many unique characters through this small little site.

Rodney is one of those good people.

I am saddened by this news. We will miss you Bugzy

sniff

mg
Posted by: road warrior

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 12:40 PM

I'm hart broken over the loss of another good freind and great guy ! My thoughts and prayers to all of his friends and family, please reach out to others in any time of need!!!!

Jimbo
Posted by: Racin Junkie

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 12:58 PM

Rest in peace my friend.
Posted by: DieselRock

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 01:10 PM

Rodney , my brother . I will miss you and our long and frequent conversations, I’ll miss strumming the guitar and singing off key and a lot of the tough love you had for me . I don’t have many I call friend , but you were one . A rare friend that always had a word of wisdom given only in the way you could .

Rod , I love you man. I’ll catch up with you on the other side brother .

Save a spot for us with a good view amigo .

I’ll miss those calls
Posted by: jadubya

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 02:52 PM

Trying to find the perfect words; and I always seem to come up short. Bugzy was a good friend. I will miss him dearly. Ride on brother.
Posted by: BrianD1990

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 05:15 PM

R.I.P. Brother you will be missed...
Posted by: jpa

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 05:57 PM

The Stamp Collector gone but never to be forgotten, Prayers to Shawn ,Family and friends, you will be missed brother
Posted by: JG

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 09:36 PM

RIP Rod
Posted by: the cwa

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 09:44 PM

Very sad news.
Posted by: boltactionfan

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 11:47 PM

RIP brother. This world will miss you. They broke the mold after you were made.
Posted by: Lemonz

Re: Bugzy - 03/08/18 11:50 PM

Bugzy was a hell of a guy, he was the first VAGT member that welcomed me into the fold and helped me break in my first AR at LGC some years back.

Rest in peace buddy.
Posted by: Littlebluepill

Re: Bugzy - 03/09/18 12:14 AM

RIP bro
Posted by: MP3Mogul

Re: Bugzy - 03/09/18 07:45 PM

RIP Rodney.... I don't understand
Posted by: VaGunTrader

Re: Bugzy - 03/09/18 09:24 PM

Had good fun with Bugzy at Gregs farm shooting those machine guns. He would bring 1000s of rounds of 9mm and let everyone shoot.
Hard to believe he's gone.
Posted by: Ricardo45

Re: Bugzy - 03/09/18 10:29 PM

Shocked to hear about this to say the least.Prayers for his very close friends and family. I will miss Rodney's phone conversations , and positive input. You will surely be missed friend , rest in peace.
Posted by: 1cold6pack

Re: Bugzy - 03/09/18 10:36 PM

Later Rodney, it was good to have talked to you over the years.
Posted by: DiaDREWbetic

Re: Bugzy - 03/09/18 11:44 PM

I didn't spend a whole lot of time with Rodney and I regret that. He had a lot of good advice that I was always glad to hear. When I was in m worst way, he and I talked and he gave me something to hold on to in his words and I'll always be thankful for that.

Bugzy was my role model, no matter how wild his antics seemed to be; he was a machine gun shootin Hugh Hefner!

I knkw he's at peace, ringing steel with Jesus 😔

Re: Bugzy - 03/10/18 10:31 AM

Well, for all who are concerned. I am still having talks with Bugzy's sister. They are trying to get organized but it is a slow process due to the nature of everything. She did say his brother should be up here this weekend to set something up and then I Will update everyone here.
Posted by: Tugboat

Re: Bugzy - 03/12/18 08:02 AM

I'm with jadubya here, there are no perfect words, but I can say that everything these guys have said is undeniably true about Rodney. He was an awe-inspiring person through and through with the most addictive personality that radiated his affection for all things.. Most importantly, his friends.

He was there for me at my lowest point in life to pick me up and I’ll never, ever, forget that. I’ll also never forget his quirky smirk or those never ending phone calls. I’m lucky to have been one of those friends on his regular call list, I wish I could have one more brother.
Posted by: yugritin

Re: Bugzy - 03/12/18 04:34 PM

Im not up here as much as I used to be. This saddens me deeply. Rodney was a very good friend and will be greatly missed. 2nd that tug on the never ending phone calls...Dang it sucked to see this today. Bugz...see ya further on up the road brother

Re: Bugzy - 03/12/18 08:27 PM

Tentatively services for Bugzy will be either Friday or Monday. @ Amory in Yorktown. They are trying to nail down a definite day currently. I should know for sure tomorrow evening. Also Obituaries will be going out to the papers soon. I will also inform on that as soon as I have the info.
Posted by: gobroncos

Re: Bugzy - 03/12/18 08:32 PM

Rest in peace Rodney. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with you. Best wishes and prayers to your loved ones left behind.
Posted by: DJEEPER

Re: Bugzy - 03/12/18 08:52 PM

Damn, Bugz. frown

You will be missed, brother. Thanks for all the chats, deals and hookups. You were my favorite customer when you would roll though.
Posted by: KismetLRC

Re: Bugzy - 03/12/18 09:49 PM

I've been out of the country the last week and just saw this terrible news. Rodney would talk my ears off until they bled! smile Funny and opinionated as hell. A wealth of knowledge. He taught me more about MG's and bulk ammo buys than anybody I've ever met. There are "givers" and there are "takers" in this world. Ya'll know he had the biggest heart and was one of the biggest "givers" I've known. RIP my friend...

Re: Bugzy - 03/13/18 06:02 PM

Well it is confirmed Services for Bugzy will be @ 3PM Friday @ Amory in YorkTown, VA.

Also because so many peeps and family members have been notified of ongoings and basically no one is left to be told the family and Bugsy's' girlfriend will not be doing an Obituary.

Here is a link to the funeral home so those who dont know or are not familiar with it has all the info:

http://amoryfuneralhome.com/
Posted by: MrG

Re: Bugzy - 03/13/18 06:08 PM

You'll be missed bugzy!
Posted by: MP3Mogul

Re: Bugzy - 03/14/18 05:06 PM

Rodney gave "me" hope in our phone conversations. I was shocked to hear this news.... I hope you are in a painless glorious place my friend.
Posted by: num1fordfan

Re: Bugzy - 03/14/18 05:08 PM

I checked their website , nothing listed for him
Posted by: OldBay

Re: Bugzy - 03/15/18 09:22 AM

Time confirmed on website: http://amoryfuneralhome.com/scheduled-funerals/
Posted by: BigDogDaddy

Re: Bugzy - 03/16/18 07:37 AM

"RIP Brother Bugzy"! Just heard about this heart breaking news yesterday. I already miss his unique personality and all of our long conversations. We would lean on one of our pickups talking until our feet couldn't take any more. He endured a lot of pain, but never let it hold him back. Bugzy, see you on the other and make sure you save me a spot in your pain-free world!
BDD
Posted by: jadubya

Re: Bugzy - 03/16/18 05:35 PM

Beautiful service....RIP Rodney

Re: Bugzy - 03/16/18 10:14 PM

It was a nice service, good to see some of my VGT friends who live too far away even if it was unfortunate circumstances.

A farewell to Bugzy... a sad day indeed.
Posted by: 1cold6pack

Re: Bugzy - 03/17/18 07:30 AM

Rodney's YouTube page

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUBDrlC-T2c9mjEQg0g-YGw
Posted by: BobVA

Re: Bugzy - 03/17/18 11:09 AM

Another of his YouTube pages:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB9amg58msWiJUuVwlFgRKA
Posted by: DieselRock

Re: Bugzy - 03/19/18 10:09 PM

Good to hear Rod's laugh one more time....

Thanks for sharing those links fellas.

Chris, you look like you had a bit of a fit on that MG.. haha.
Posted by: leadfoot

Re: Bugzy - 03/28/18 10:01 PM

I can’t believe I just heard of this news today. I guess I’m out of touch.
RIP Rodney.
It’s really hard to come to terms with knowing there’s no more of being with someone, and Rodney was one I always liked being around and I am incredibly sad to know there is no more opportunities to be with him. Never short on a conversation and always such a good person to me everyone else.
I don’t even know what to say really. Dammit Bugzy, Rest In Peace my man. Rest In Peace.
Posted by: Ratty11

Re: Bugzy - 05/07/20 05:49 PM

Still miss you bud.

Re: Bugzy - 05/09/20 03:52 AM

I can't believe it's 2 years since Rodney is gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wx3Wu2Q3Hk

Almost 6 years since that video was taken, that laugh is still infectious and makes me smile.