Barrel Cut and Pin

Posted by: Unknown_User

Barrel Cut and Pin - 05/12/20 03:00 PM

Hey all, looking for someone who can cut and pin a Sig MCX barrel for me. TTI is at $150 for the job but have a 3 month turnaround and want to hold onto the barrel the whole time. Anyone else local that could do the job (and do it right) before I send it to Dobbs Defense or ADCO? I can pin it myself just need someone to cut, crown and thread mainly!
Posted by: ChrisC

Re: Barrel Cut and Pin - 05/13/20 11:24 AM

I sent one to Ranier Arms; about a month turnaround but should have it back next week. Obviously haven't seen it, but they've been very responsive and seem well organized. Hall's Gunsmithing in Fredericksburg may be able to, though I have no personal experience with the work. Went once for a consultation and they were pretty expensive.
Posted by: Unknown_User

Re: Barrel Cut and Pin - 05/14/20 08:39 PM

Appreciate it, let me know how it looks when you get it back have not seen theirs either but hear nothing but good things. Tried Hall’s they were more than double TTI and still about a month turnaround for them too
Posted by: ChrisC

Re: Barrel Cut and Pin - 05/29/20 03:26 PM

Got it back yesterday, they did an excellent job. Timed perfectly, installed the gas block at no additional charge, and torqued the barrel to the upper. Highly recommended and the cost was very reasonable.