Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE!

Posted by: SgtSquishySquash

Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 05/10/19 05:58 PM

Ok so I acquired a 1970 chevy c10 tailgate. I'm going to make another bench like the Ford one I made as you see below.

Below the Ford bench picture is the picture of the Chevy tailgate in its current condition.

Vote on what color the tailgate will be!

Keep in mind, I will be ruffing up the paint a bit when finished to get the patina look!

Thanks for voting!
Posted by: Cash is King

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 05/10/19 08:11 PM

Leave it as is... WAY more character.
Posted by: Bulzzi

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 05/10/19 08:45 PM

Agreed, natural camo. You should put two big hand prints on the back of the ford tailgate to make it more realistic.

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 05/10/19 08:45 PM

You don't think as is, has too much character? Lol
Posted by: Bulzzi

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 05/10/19 08:50 PM

I’m still digging for that damn tv! Directions must be wrong.

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 05/10/19 08:56 PM

What bulzzi? Haha
Posted by: warburtonplayer

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 05/12/19 08:03 PM

Hey I have a tailgate from a 1979 that I would like to have made into a bench is this something you do for others?
Posted by: Cash is King

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 05/12/19 09:12 PM

I have a 1997 Dodge 3500 rear bumper you can have free if you want it. It does have a dent... otherwise heavy chrome.

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 01/18/20 09:11 PM

Turquoise with white lettering it is!
Posted by: dustydog

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 01/19/20 06:30 AM

Forestry Service flat green with white letters after you patch the holes.Remember driving that model year when new(ah,for the days of three on the tree!),and EVERY D**N ONE was that same shade of green.

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 01/19/20 06:46 PM

Done
Posted by: the cwa

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 01/19/20 08:43 PM

That's nice work Squisher, very cool.

I'm guessing the approximate weight to be "Oh God!! I think I tore something!!".

muttley

Re: Building a Chevy Tailgate Bench! VOTE ON THE COLOR CHOICE! - 01/27/20 09:12 PM

Boom