1-800-bustedknee

I will bury 'em before I turn 'em in.

Bump stocks are a given.
Magazines are a given.
Red Flag laws are a given.

What about
Private sales?
Ammo restrictions?
Is the governor going to follow California's laws? They seem to work so well.
Posted by: jr45

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/06/19 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: bustedknee
Backhoe Service in SW Virginia
1-800-bustedknee

I will bury 'em before I turn 'em in.

Bump stocks are a given.
Magazines are a given.
Red Flag laws are a given.

What about
Private sales?
Ammo restrictions?
Is the governor going to follow California's laws? They seem to work so well.

Bump stocks already banned. What do you mean by "magazines and red flag laws are a given"?
Posted by: IrishIII

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/06/19 06:18 PM

I will not bury anything period ,nor should any of you!We still have a Declaration of Independence,the Constitution and,a Bill of Rights. Read one of them sometime and understand these documents and what our Founders gave us. Remember these are our public servents we are not their subjects they work for Us We The People! don’t bow to these tyrants Protest and take to the streets and get in their faces like they tell their subjects to do but maintain composure and professionalism feed them some of their medicine stand up for the values of Virginia and America

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/06/19 06:40 PM

I agree with Irishill. Not going to just capitulate on whatever they send us...nor should anyone else! We’ll ensure our voices are heard. These folks are not just after our 2nd amendment rights, but also our after our 1st, 4th, 5th etc. Just disagree with any of them and see how they will mob you and try to destroy your reputation. If we bury our firearms, then we should be burying ourselves.
Posted by: IrishIII

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/06/19 07:19 PM

100% agreed
Posted by: Mark S

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/06/19 10:03 PM

I'm burying or turning in nothing.
Posted by: Willee51

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 06:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark S
I'm burying or turning in nothing.

Agree 100% .....MAGA

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 09:29 AM

What's next coach? We need a plan...
Posted by: Wojownik

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 10:07 AM

Plan? The new Dem majority is going to run roughshod over everyone. Steamroller. We're going to get new laws - the question is how over-the-top the Dems will go. Will we look like MD or even NJ?

If new gun laws truly go over the top (assault weapon ban, especially without grandfathering, etc.) then it becomes a legal battle to the VA Supreme Court, and Federal courts.

Plan to invest a little of your money into VCDL, GOA and NRA memberships. The legal battles will likely be fought with the support of (or even led by) one of more of those organizations. Seriously, if you are not already a member, set aside $90 a year to join all three. That's the cost of a few Big Mac meals we should all be giving up anyway lol.

Plan to get politically active. To many people sat on the sidelines this past election, which handed things to the Dems. Contact your county Republican party committee - ask them to volunteer to get out the vote next time. If we're lucky, the progressives will go too far, opening up an opportunity for pro-2A candidates to take back some seats in the legislature.

Seriously - if your "plan" is simply that "I'm not gonna comply" - that does nothing for the cause. It does nothing for the future.

The plan needs to be all of us getting active. It will take a little money. It will take a little of your spare time. But if you (and I) don't invest the effort, we deserve what we get.

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 10:49 AM

Sounds like a reasonable start. These groups will need our support as much as we need them. I would like to hear from them.
Posted by: JustOneMore754

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 11:41 AM

Wojownik makes some great points. If we are fortunate this will be a battle fought in courtrooms and being visible/politically active is a critical aspect of fighting gun control at that level, squeaky wheel gets the grease and all. Despite moving to Virginia almost for the gun laws, I never made time for lobby day or any other “politics stuff” in the past because I took it for granted others would speak out for me and protect my rights, but after witnessing first hand small turnout at the 2A Rally last weekend in DC you can be damn sure I’ll be at lobby day this year.

I’m willing to admit I was part of the problem through inaction and change my behavior. How many of you will be willing to represent what you believe in at every opportunity before non-compliance makes you a felon?

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: JustOneMore754
Wojownik makes some great points. If we are fortunate this will be a battle fought in courtrooms and being visible/politically active is a critical aspect of fighting gun control at that level, squeaky wheel gets the grease and all. Despite moving to Virginia almost for the gun laws, I never made time for lobby day or any other “politics stuff” in the past because I took it for granted others would speak out for me and protect my rights, but after witnessing first hand small turnout at the 2A Rally last weekend in DC you can be damn sure I’ll be at lobby day this year.

I’m willing to admit I was part of the problem through inaction and change my behavior. How many of you will be willing to represent what you believe in at every opportunity before non-compliance makes you a felon?

Very well said. Unlike the left, who can muster many to their rallies (maybe they don't have day jobs?), we need to do much better than we have in the past. I too am guilty of not attending lobby day but will take time off of work to start attending some of these events.
Posted by: BobVA

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Wojownik

Plan to invest a little of your money into VCDL, GOA and NRA memberships.

From what I have read, the NRA did very little to stop this debacle. Blumberg spent over $1.5 mil and the NRA .... $300 K.

Despite being headquartered in this State, they obviously are not willing to step up to help it much despite all the letters they send out soliciting money from us.

VCDL on the other hand is VERY active in the States politics.

JMHO

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 01:49 PM

It is unfortunate that the NRA provided limited monetary support, maybe they can explain why? In the meantime, we should be working with all of them moving forward. I'm interested in hearing from them all on their thoughts/suggestions.
Posted by: imaduckin

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: jr45
It is unfortunate that the NRA provided limited monetary support, maybe they can explain why? In the meantime, we should be working with all of them moving forward. I'm interested in hearing from them all on their thoughts/suggestions.

And this is why im not a member

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 03:23 PM

We are going to need all the help we can get. Be it from VCDL, GOA, and the NRA. Any suggestions on other organizations that can help?

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 06:14 PM

I wanted to share this post from another member. If correct, how could anyone remain idle? This is actually sickening to read.

Originally Posted By: jtdpowhatan
See below for ONE example (there are UBC's, red flag laws and lots of other garbage). In a nutshell, anything semi-auto that is capable of a 10+ round magazine is an "assault firearm" and you can destroy it, surrender it, or sell it out of state or become a felon. Same for suppressors, magazines >10 rounds, etc. Basically all AR15's (rifle or pistol), all semi-auto pistols. Revolvers and single-shot shotguns and "sniper rifles" are all that would be legal. THOSE ARE NEXT - just wait until someone uses a revolver in a shooting...time to rally the troops. Contact your Sheriff, your local board of supervisors, your friends, your neighbors and be ready to stand up and fight.

list from July (special session): https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?192+lst+ALL

The "ban everything" bill with ~25 co-sponsors, all Democrats: https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?192+sum+HB4021

Expands the definition of "assault firearm" and prohibits any person from importing, selling, transferring, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, or transporting an assault firearm. A violation is a Class 6 felony. The bill prohibits a dealer from selling, renting, trading, or transferring from his inventory an assault firearm to any person. The bill also prohibits a person from carrying a shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered in a public place; under existing law, this prohibition applies only in certain localities. The bill makes it a Class 6 felony to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport large-capacity firearm magazines, silencers, and trigger activators, all defined in the bill. Any person who legally owns an assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator on November 1, 2019, may retain possession until July 1, 2020.

During that time, such person shall (i) render the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator inoperable; (ii) remove the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator from the Commonwealth; (iii) transfer the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a person outside the Commonwealth who is not prohibited from possessing it; or (iv) surrender the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a state or local law-enforcement agency. The bill establishes an appropriation for the fiscal impact of the bill and authorizes the Director of the Department of Planning and Budget to allocate such appropriation among the agencies and programs impacted by the bill.

"Assault firearm" means:

1. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;

2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a thumbhole stock; (iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (v) a bayonet mount; (vi) a grenade launcher; (vii) a flare launcher; (viii) a silencer; (ix) a flash suppressor; (x) a muzzle brake; (xi) a muzzle compensator; (xii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xiii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (xii);

3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
Posted by: ak66

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 06:30 PM

In my opinion national GOP and NRA gave up on VA long time ago. Still need any help can get and I agree need to do more to fight for 2A now. At the same time, the reality has to set in that Dems will pass a gun control legislation no matter what. Even if in the next election cycle, GOP can somehow take control back, I doubt it will achieve "trifecta" - meaning reversal will be impossible. So the question is what strategy to adopt on the upcoming laws in the next year, until, hopefully, some pro-gun can get into state's legislative or executive branches to block further gun control actions. Simply saying blank "no" to everything Dems propose is losing an opportunity to be part of the process. At the same time, not standing for what is granted by the Constitution leads to the path of more gun control down the road.

For me personally, the biggest issues are technical limitations and registration.

I waited more than 6 mo. for my SBRs and suppressors, not counting all the money invested, to simply give them up. I also came to this great and free nation from a former Soviet Union country so I know what registration of gun owners is - dictatorship hiding under the veil of "greater public good"! Hell no!
Posted by: gobroncos

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BobVA

From what I have read, the NRA did very little to stop this debacle. Blumberg spent over $1.5 mil and the NRA .... $300 K.

Despite being headquartered in this State, they obviously are not willing to step up to help it much despite all the letters they send out soliciting money from us.

JMHO

According to CNBC article : https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/06/mike-blo...n-virginia.html

Bloomberg's group (Everytown for Gun Safety) dropped $2.5 million and NRA spent $300k .... statewide ..... REALLY??? doh
Hell, if Everytown gets their way the NRA Museum might as well add a new wing, Guns that used to be perfectly legal in Virginia. The money they saved by not spending in elections can help fund the new wing.

Everybody knows, gotta spend money to get politicians to do anything. It's all about the re-election campaign.

I'm in agreement with BobVA. VCDL is a better place for my support money to go.

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 06:40 PM

I just donated to VCDL and can be done online if you like.
VCDL Join

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/07/19 06:48 PM

The problem I have with the NRA bashing here is that ... it really sounds like you guys are expecting someone else to carry your water.

NRA's overall political spending has dropped significantly this election cycle. Like slashed in half or more. They are claiming major budget issues (and I'll concede mismanagement has to do with a lot of that). But still, with all the going on, they put $300k into the election.

The problem is not the NRA. The problem is this massive conspiracy between Bloomberg-Everytown-MDA and the Democratic Party. It's a giant wink-and-a-nod fraud. Millions of dollars of dark money flooded into the state.

And it's not just Bloomberg. Pro-immigration groups and other liberal interest poured many more millions in to support their cause (which really - wink and a nod - means supporting Democrat candidates). Bloombergs resources were spent there as well. As well as Soros. And let's not forget the social media support for all of the above.

Don't kid yourself - the battle to take back Virginia is going to be tough, and a massive national network is against us. If you think the NRA was going to keep back the blue flood in November, you were kidding yourself. If you think the NRA is going to be pivotal in reversing this abominable loss next election, you are also kidding yourself.

It's up to you - each and every one of you. Yes, via VCDL and other groups, but also on your own. DRAG like minded folks to the election booth next time. Get out the vote. Rally.

And don't be short sighted - It will take the combined efforts of NRA-ILA, GOA, SAF and others to litigate against what will be coming next.
Posted by: scott9050

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/08/19 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BobVA

A lot of people pulled out of the NRA when they were infighting. That took money and resources that could have prevented this from happening.
It took McAuliffe letting 205,000 felons vote, an Obama judge gerrymandering 6 Republican districts and record outside cash to achieve. The governors 8 step plan is just for openers, they are going to ban open carry, make permitting for concealed carry look like D.C. and turn Virginia into a giant cesspool. They don't plan on letting power go again and will pull every dirty trick in teh book to hold onto power.
Posted by: nvcdl

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/08/19 02:15 PM

The NRA has never spent much money in VA. I started NVCDL/VCDL becuase I could see they were highly ineffective at the grassroots level. I haven't contributed to ILA for years as I could see a lot of money is wasted on new suits & big salaries for insiders.

In fairness they seem to be doing more at the grassroots in VA this year. The efforts to refom the group should keep them from pushing any more of their sell-outs like the Brady Bill.

Re: And so it begins ............... - 11/09/19 07:31 AM

VCDL has posted their election assessment (link below). They are having a Lobby Day on 20 January 2020. We all need to attend this even if we need to take time off from work. I did not attend in the past as I believed I could not afford to take time off...I see now that was a mistake. Everyone, please attend!

Election assessment

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/10/19 10:47 AM

Since the State might go the route of an unconstitutional gun control law, I was pondering the idea of counties passing their own militia ordinances in accord with the Constitution of our Commonwealth.

Most of us here understand that the idea of a militia - composed of the common body of men - has its roots way back into the early 17th century in Virginia. The idea that has recurred through Virginia's history that the militia is composed of individuals, and individuals with their own right to keep and bear arms.

What if Virginia's counties (obviously not the compromised ones), drew up their own county ordinances for a "reserve militia" that is strictly voluntary, not required to muster, but members are required to furnish their own arms suitable fo the the purposes of a militia (which would mean ... AR-15s, etc.).

While I prefer a strict individual rights argument in support of the Second Amendment, it could be very useful in a (near) future court battle to point out the existence of Virginia county ordinances that would recognize the necessity of individual ownership of these types of firearms, for the purposes of a reserve militia.

This would not need to create any actual county militia, and a county would not have to spend a dime on it. It would be a county law simply setting forth the need for a county reserve militia in times of emergency.

Thoughts? Anyone here connected with a friendly county legislature that might want to try an enact something like this, in keeping with Virginia traditions, history and our Commonwealth Constitution?

Maybe Del. Nick Freitas might be interested in reviving the idea of the Culpeper Minutemen as a modern volunteer concept.

Too far out there?
Posted by: toughtom12

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/10/19 08:10 PM

Brilliant Idea Wojownik! I have no idea if it has any chance at working.....But a brilliant idea just the same!

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/11/19 08:27 AM

Interesting idea...not sure how many counties would buy in. Maybe this offers some actual protection by law as compared to 2nd amendment sanctuary? Do see court battles ahead of us and the need to stay focused. We all need to join and donate to VCDL, attend rallies, keep the heat on our delegates, senators, and county supervisors. If anyone else wants to share some ideas, please do so.
Posted by: Cash is King

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/11/19 09:59 AM

Virginia will fall by Lingchi (Death by a thousand cuts).

Coonman will push for EVERYTHING he can... guns, as well as PERMANENT D retention of the state FOREVER...

Logical or not... he will push incredibly hard in every direction.

$15 minimum wage will convince many they made the right decision in voting D, but then 50% of small business will fail and they will be back to $0/hour.

Not to worry, your housing, food and health needs will be taken care of by the Government... "we will tax the rich"... but, the rich will leave.

So Virginia will take on INCREDIBLE debt (FUTURE taxes of you, your children and grandchildren).

Government programs and insane regulations will abound...

Teachers will get raises... and their will be free education thru age 30 and a PhD.

LEO will be told to stand-down on petty crimes like drugs, shoplifting, B&E... these will be called victimless crimes, but this will collapse more businesses and more families.

Sanctuary cities will attract massive numbers of illegal immigrants and new D voters (voter ID laws will be abolished)... crime will soar and those that fight criminals will be punished... more gun laws will follow.

At present, the average citizen works 50% of each work week to FEED the Government's insatiable spending appetite (all taxes)... ever increasing taxes will reestablish the enslavement of all people (economic this time) at the 80%-90% tax mark... Democratic Slavery Nirvana once again.

Folks on SS or a teacher's pension (et al pensions) will feel safe, but hyper-inflation will kick in to nullify their previously anticipated standard of living... Milk will be $10 a gallon, a new car will be $100k... a simple basic house will be $600k. Property taxes will be $20k a year (EVERY YEAR),

There will be a bounty posted to "turn-in" your secret gun owning brother, neighbor or mom/dad.

Minor legal infractions (and expanded Red Flag laws) will mean the seizure of your property, your wealth and of course you guns and ammo... AFTERALL you are Sic semper Tyrannis and refused to submit.

--------------------

It is WAY bigger than just guns fellas.

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/11/19 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Cash is King
Folks on SS or a teacher's pension (et al pensions) will feel safe, but hyper-inflation will kick in to nullify their previously anticipated standard of living... Milk will be $10 a gallon, a new car will be $100k... a simple basic house will be $600k. Property taxes will be $20k a year (EVERY YEAR).

I 100% expect the Globalists (Individuals controlling 90% of the world's wealth) to deliberately crash the stock markets in the run-up to the 2020 Presidential Election.

Trump will be blamed and the Globalists will seat a Neo-Socialist in the White House.

The Globalists will then make-up their loses (and FAR MORE) and the game will be over forever.

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/11/19 10:20 AM

Folks on SS or a teacher's pension (et al pensions) will feel safe, but hyper-inflation will kick in to nullify their previously anticipated standard of living... Milk will be $10 a gallon, a new car will be $100k... a simple basic house will be $600k. Property taxes will be $20k a year (EVERY YEAR).

I 100% expect the Globalists (Individuals controlling 90% of the world's wealth) to deliberately crash the stock markets in the run-up to the 2020 Presidential Election.

Trump will be blamed and the Globalists will seat a Neo-Socialist in the White House.

The Globalists will then make-up their loses (and FAR MORE) and the game will be over forever.

this is why bloomberg is running

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/11/19 11:19 AM

if anyone has a contact at any of friendly county, I'd be happy to present the idea proposed "reserve militia" legislation to them. I'm up in Northern Virginia, which of course is a total dead end at this point.

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/12/19 09:46 AM

Below is another update from VCDL. I’m sure they will post it on this site later but wanted to give you a heads up. The last few sentences are also important to remember. Don’t listen to the defeatist and plants one here or anywhere!

Quote:
Governor Northam wants war

Northam has declared war on Virginia's gun owners: CHP holders, open carriers, hunters, target shooters, sport shooters, collectors, and competitors. All of us. (Northam wants to strip us of our right to self-defense and is even looking at confiscating guns.)

So be it! But we are very much in the fight

As the dust cloud has been settling from election day, my optimism that we can derail a lot of Northam's agenda has been growing steadily.

Admiral Yamamoto, after bombing Pearl Harbor in 1941, famously said, "I fear that all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Yes, that is exactly what Pearl Harbor did. And that's exactly what shoving gun control down our throats will do, too!

And we are tired of so called "compromises," that always involve us giving up some of our rights, and getting absolutely nothing in return. That is not a compromise, that's stupid!

Virginia's gun owners are model citizens, with CHP holders being the most law-abiding of the law-abiding. We are fed up with being punished and pushed around every time some lunatic shoots up another gun-free zone or some gang-banger kills a bunch of other criminals. We have no more patience for being abused and we won't cede another inch without a fight.

There is no such thing as "common sense gun control." In reality, gun control is a black hole that sucks common sense and our liberties into oblivion! It hits poor minorities and women the hardest, but it ultimately affects all good people. Criminals get their hand slapped and are released to continue their acts of mayhem with illegally owned firearms.

A government that doesn't want its citizens to be able to protect themselves clearly has an ulterior motive for wanting a disarmed populace. We dare not turn over our guns to such a government, ever.

It's time to organize and create a "machine" that will
fight back wherever gun control rears it's head

We can put a major dent in Northam's plans if we begin preparing and organizing NOW, before the new General Assembly is sworn-in in early January.

Here's what we need to do (alerts will be going out on these items soon):
Strong gun-owner activism in Democratic districts. Democrat legislators in some of the more pro-gun areas of the state voted gun owners with impunity over the last 4 years because they knew the Republican majority would never let gun-control bills become law. Thus, their bad votes wouldn't actually change the status quo and probably wouldn't wakeup and anger gun owners in their district. With the new Democrat majority, they will own any gun control that gets passed for the next two years. Gun owners living in such districts need to be extremely active. Reach out to other gun owners in the district to get them involved, get them on VA-ALERT, and have them join VCDL. Contact your Democrat Senator and/or Delegate and keep the pressure on them to steer clear of all gun control. Go to their office and meet in person. Some anti-gun Democrats have actually told our members that they have never met with anyone who opposes their anti-gun voting! If enough gun owners do this, it WILL get their attention. Contact your Democrat legislators whenever VCDL requests you do so. Let there be no doubt: you can play an absolutely crucial role in slowing down, moderating, or stopping major parts of Northam's agenda by putting pressure on your Democrat legislators!
Watch Teams for local government (WTLGs). For each locality in Virginia, we need a team consisting of one or more local members to watch everything that the Board of Supervisors or City Council is doing. The WTLGs are looking for anything that affects firearms in any way, including hunting restrictions, and keep VCDL informed of what is planned or occurring so we can react. If we lose Virginia's preemption law, WTLGs will be critical in the effort to block local gun-control.
Liaison Teams for Local Government (LTLGs). For localities that have some gun-friendly supervisors or council members, we need to be able to interface with them. The purpose is to get inside-track information on any proposed gun control or hunting restrictions, as well as to work with them to implement pro-gun ordinances or resolutions. For example, making the locality a Second Amendment Sanctuary against unconstitutional gun-control laws, or lowering CHP fees.
Liaison Teams for Law Enforcement (LTLEs). LTLEs will interface with local sheriffs or chiefs of police who are supportive of gun owners and are willing to stand with us in preserving our rights. When an appropriate time comes, we will be looking for chief law-enforcement officers who would be willing to speak with one voice with gun owners at the General Assembly. We would also want to be looking for chief law-enforcement officers who would be willing to make their jurisdiction a Second Amendment Sanctuary against any gun control that is unconstitutional. No law-enforcement officer is required to enforce, or should enforce, an unconstitutional law.
More volunteers at the VCDL table at gun shows, festivals, and other events. Just this weekend in Richmond, there were gun owners who approached the VCDL table and had no clue about how precariously their rights are hanging after the election - I kid you not! We must educate our fellow gun owners on the threat that we now face. Do NOT assume they know what you know!
Advance litigation preparation in case we have to use the courts to stop unconstitutional gun laws. VCDL and its attorneys are developing contingency plans.
A huge Lobby Day on January 20, 2020 (starts at 8 am at the General Assembly Building in Richmond). Speakers for the rally (11am - noon) are being lined up and will be announced as the event draws nearer. This time the rally will be in an excellent, picturesque location on the steps of the Capitol, instead of in the field by the Bell Tower!

More Second Amendment Sanctuaries are coming!

VCDL has already been approached by several localities which want to become Second Amendment Sanctuaries! (We expect this trend to continue.) VCDL has given them some guidance and I expect to see announcements of such sanctuaries starting in January.

Patience, please, as VCDL is dealing with a flood of
incoming information and requests

I am personally getting over 700 emails a day (as I write this, I have 1,004 unread emails in my inbox since Friday), plus phone calls, texts, and Facebook contacts, as well as doing radio interviews and speaking at meetings. Please bear with me and the organization as we slog through the flood of information and requests. (The other Board members and some of our executive members are doing their best to take up the slack. The VCDL-PAC is compiling some useful information to help with the upcoming fight in the General Assembly.)

Don't listen to the defeatists. That is exactly what our opponents want us to do. Be fearless, stand strong and united with all your fellow gun owners, and be ready to fight back when the time comes!

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/12/19 11:25 AM

va has its own constitution,

Article 1 Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power.
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/14/19 07:47 AM

Has anyone heard from or contacted their delegate or senator since the election?

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/15/19 07:01 AM

if anyone has a contact at any of friendly county, I'd be happy to present the idea proposed "reserve militia" legislation to them. I'm up in Northern Virginia, which of course is a total dead end at this point.

-------------------
Reference Bedford County, VA (on the edge of Lynchburg). Here is the contact information you requested. YOU HAVE a better chance of him listening to you as any of the other Supervisors.

As with many other VA counties, Bedford County will have a new Sheriff as of Jan 1,2020. New Sheriff Miller is a 30-yr member of the Bedford County Sheriffs Dept. After retirement I volunteered with the Bedford County Sheriffs Dept for about 18-mo and got to know Miller "somewhat". That being said, I honestly do not know in what direction Miller will go on any issue!!

Supervisor: John Sharp
Departments:Board of Supervisors
Title:District 4
Phone:(434) 515-2180
Email:jsharp@bedfordcountyva.gov

105 Oakdale Terrace
Forest ,VA 24551

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/15/19 07:01 AM

DELETED DUPLICATE POST

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/15/19 05:55 PM

I have contacted my delegate. Initial response I received was the typical "I respect the right to safe and legal gun ownership. With that said, I also believe that Virginia needs to enact gun safety measures to reduce gun violence..." I was asked what "common sense" reforms I would support. I provided my recommendation and still awaiting a response.

Has anyone else contacted their delegate or senator?

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/17/19 07:42 AM

Interesting read...

https://uncoverdc.com/2019/11/15/the-curious-activity-of-george-soros-in-virginia/

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/17/19 08:06 AM

Just dropped President Trump a letter...

Dear President Trump:

Virginia is in a desperate state of affairs as the "swamp" has spilled over into our foundational Conservative values.

Arguably, Virginia is the very beginning of the ENTIRE United States... from the Jamestown Settlement to the surrender of the British at Yorktown... SEVEN Founding Father and EIGHT Presidents.

In January, we will be under siege unlike ever before.

Thru your Executive Branch and DOJ, please keep a keen oversight watch on the shenanigans that are about to happen.

George Soros and many others will be using Virginia to flip the rest of the nation.

A red/blue map of Virginia clearly shows that "outside of the DC Swamp", Virginians back you and your efforts as all Constitutional Conservative do.

Please do all in you power to stop Virginia from becoming East California.

Amendments 1, 2, 4, 5 and 10 are under serious threat.

Keep the Faith Sir, WE are behind you.
Posted by: dustydog

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/17/19 08:09 AM

Always interesting to see where a "conspiracy" is taking your head,cash.
Posted by: olerebjr

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/17/19 09:29 AM

Well spoken Cash, short and to the point, and totally correct.

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/18/19 10:15 AM

I personally don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

What happened here, however, is simply a case of massive amounts of dark money (a known issue in politics) moving from out-of-state interests to support Democratic candidates (especially hard-left progressive candidates).

Loudoun County (cited in that article that Cash linked) is indeed a case in point. Tons of money went into Loudoun via the Justice and Public Safety PAC - all towards Democrat anti-gun candidates. The Justice and Public Safety PAC had a relatively tiny warchest in 2017 - Soros has been the ONLY contributor to this PAC (FEC records confirm this). Soros' contributions went up to almost $1 million in 2018-2019, and that poured into VA races. And that is only one of many PACs that have been shells for Soros money into VA - the total is in the multiple millions of dollars.

Bloomberg - similar story - though Bloomberg has been dirtier, funding directly, and then funding again through various second- and third-party shell non-profits. Again, the funding was exclusively towards highly progressive anti-gun candidates.

The Virginia election was compromised by out-of-state interests. As much as people were yelling "fraud" about supposed Russian interference, there is absolute evidence (as filed with the FEC) of massive interference in the Virginia election by two billionaires. They reached into Virginia via "justice" PACs, environmental PACs, anti-gun PACs, etc ... massively swaying the election. This election was a farce.

I'm not sure how we fight or correct the big issue here, aside from sweeping changes to Virginian and U.S. campaign finance laws.

Back to the original topic of this thread, though, we do need to be prepared to fight anti-gun legislation through the courts, and through the few pro-2A legislators we still have in office.

Here are some more thoughts on what each one of us can do, as individuals"

• Join, support and contribute VCDL, as I expect they will lead the fight. Let's be blunt - it's going to take a few bucks to fight the upcoming battle. https://www.vcdl.org/join-VCDL
  • Show up at the next VCDL Lobby Day
  • Contact the NRA - if you are a member, let them know that your continued membership depends on what they do next in Virginia. If you are not a member, tell them that you will join if they get serious about the upcoming fight in VA. Doing this as easy as going to this on-line form and letting them know: https://www.nraila.org/contact-nra-ila/
  • Ditto for Gun Owners of America: http://gunowners.net/cgi-bin/ttx.cgi?cmd=newticket
  • if your state representative is a Democrat and vulnerable (a few are) remind them that extremist legislation will hurt them in the next election (this is not done through antics or threats, but by mail, email and phone call campaigns, flooding their offices from concerned constituents ...

I'm in Northern VA, and even if the extreme nut jobs that we just elected up here won't listen, I am letting them know - politely, clearly and concisely - that extremist legislation is going to push the pendulum the other way. If they care about retaining their majority, they can't push too far.

Originally Posted By: dustydog

Always interesting to see where a "conspiracy" is taking your head,cash.

Re: And so it begins ... and a reply/tactic rooted in VA history ... - 11/18/19 11:03 AM

Quote:
I personally don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

What happened here, however, is simply a case of massive amounts of dark money (a known issue in politics) moving from out-of-state interests to support Democratic candidates (especially hard-left progressive candidates).

Loudoun County (cited in that article that Cash linked) is indeed a case in point. Tons of money went into Loudoun via the Justice and Public Safety PAC - all towards Democrat anti-gun candidates. The Justice and Public Safety PAC had a relatively tiny warchest in 2017 - Soros has been the ONLY contributor to this PAC (FEC records confirm this). Soros' contributions went up to almost $1 million in 2018-2019, and that poured into VA races. And that is only one of many PACs that have been shells for Soros money into VA - the total is in the multiple millions of dollars.

Bloomberg - similar story - though Bloomberg has been dirtier, funding directly, and then funding again through various second- and third-party shell non-profits. Again, the funding was exclusively towards highly progressive anti-gun candidates.

The Virginia election was compromised by out-of-state interests. As much as people were yelling "fraud" about supposed Russian interference, there is absolute evidence (as filed with the FEC) of massive interference in the Virginia election by two billionaires. They reached into Virginia via "justice" PACs, environmental PACs, anti-gun PACs, etc ... massively swaying the election. This election was a farce.

I'm not sure how we fight or correct the big issue here, aside from sweeping changes to Virginian and U.S. campaign finance laws.

Back to the original topic of this thread, though, we do need to be prepared to fight anti-gun legislation through the courts, and through the few pro-2A legislators we still have in office.

Here are some more thoughts on what each one of us can do, as individuals"

• Join, support and contribute VCDL, as I expect they will lead the fight. Let's be blunt - it's going to take a few bucks to fight the upcoming battle. https://www.vcdl.org/join-VCDL
• Show up at the next VCDL Lobby Day
• Contact the NRA - if you are a member, let them know that your continued membership depends on what they do next in Virginia. If you are not a member, tell them that you will join if they get serious about the upcoming fight in VA. Doing this as easy as going to this on-line form and letting them know: https://www.nraila.org/contact-nra-ila/
• Ditto for Gun Owners of America: http://gunowners.net/cgi-bin/ttx.cgi?cmd=newticket
• if your state representative is a Democrat and vulnerable (a few are) remind them that extremist legislation will hurt them in the next election (this is not done through antics or threats, but by mail, email and phone call campaigns, flooding their offices from concerned constituents ...

I'm in Northern VA, and even if the extreme nut jobs that we just elected up here won't listen, I am letting them know - politely, clearly and concisely - that extremist legislation is going to push the pendulum the other way. If they care about retaining their majority, they can't push too far.

Very well said! I have been in contact with my delegate and everyone should also.