Northam Signed the Gun Control Bills into Law?

Posted by: piggy

Northam Signed the Gun Control Bills into Law? - 04/10/20 08:01 PM

So, this means end of trading? And I am guessing the effective date of this law is today 10 Apr 2020?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...law/5129936002/
Posted by: Bulldog1967

Re: Northam Signed the Gun Control Bills into Law? - 04/10/20 09:02 PM

July 1st
Posted by: toughtom12

Re: Northam Signed the Gun Control Bills into Law? - 04/10/20 10:12 PM

There is still no firearm registration in VA......So this would be near impossible to enforce on individuals trading with close friends. But there will definitely be sting operations on this website and Armslist come July.
Posted by: jr45

Re: Northam Signed the Gun Control Bills into Law? - 04/10/20 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: toughtom12
There is still no firearm registration in VA......So this would be near impossible to enforce on individuals trading with close friends. But there will definitely be sting operations on this website and Armslist come July.

This^ However, it’s a sad day for us here and for Virginians.
Posted by: altajava

Re: Northam Signed the Gun Control Bills into Law? - 04/11/20 12:24 PM

We overturned that dumb 1 hand gun a month law that didn't stop any crime once, we can do it again, and I highly suspect this years presidential election will look like Mondale, all the way down to the state level
Posted by: Willee51

Re: Northam Signed the Gun Control Bills into Law? - 04/12/20 06:49 AM

Richmond is NOT finished with us!! Virginia is in deep Fecal Matter

Re: Northam Signed the Gun Control Bills into Law? - 04/12/20 08:31 AM

Will see how many decide to live by the “We shall not comply” mantra.
Posted by: ChrisC

Re: Northam Signed the Gun Control Bills into Law? - 04/12/20 10:07 AM

One of us should start a bar and call it The Gun Shop. That way we can honestly say that every firearms transaction is taken place was done at the gun shop, according to law.

Re: Northam Signed the Gun Control Bills into Law? - 04/13/20 08:43 AM

Originally Posted By: altajava
We overturned that dumb 1 hand gun a month law that didn't stop any crime once, we can do it again, and I highly suspect this years presidential election will look like Mondale, all the way down to the state level

Hope your right but I would not hold your breath. With a wrecked economy (it will take months/years to recover), the virus lockdowns with the press trying to control the narrative that everything is Ttump’s fault, and possibly rolling shutdowns in the future as the likelihood that this virus will not disappear, who will get blamed...