Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales?

Posted by: jr45

Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/11/21 11:16 AM

This is the first I heard of this...is this true?
Posted by: Outback

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/11/21 11:29 AM

Yes. Not sure what’s the last day though. This is the whole chain not only the Fredericksburg location.

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/11/21 11:46 AM

Wow, what a shame. The main reason I would visit the store is to view their stock. I purchased many firearms from there and quite a few recently. I don't think I will renewing my good Sam membership any longer.

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/11/21 04:25 PM

Just went to the Fredericksburg location and all firearms are gone. They stopped selling them on 10 Sep...such a shame. Can’t see a reason to visit there much anymore. Even if I didn’t buy a firearm or ammo when I visited, I would usually leave the store with something.
Posted by: imaduckin

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/12/21 08:29 AM

i saw that coming
Posted by: rromeo

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/12/21 01:10 PM

I can't act disappointed.
Posted by: Wayne1949

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/12/21 03:41 PM

I always prefer to deal with the non-chain LGS myself.
Posted by: ARLife

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/12/21 03:54 PM

Wow smh
Posted by: Creig

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/14/21 09:30 AM

Are they going to have optics, accessories for guns or are they keeping that part of the store?
Posted by: metricmonkeywren

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/15/21 03:51 PM

Was in there Saturday evening, everything firearm and hunting related is flat out gone. The worker said they just finished boxing it all up to ship out. From his explanation Cooperate has determined that with only 34 stores they cannot compete with the bigger stores and online. Even the fishing stuff is down to a handful of bits and pieces. Though a bit overpriced it was nice to have a local option to go to. Guess ill have to gas up the car for runs down to Ashland
Posted by: Jimmm

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/16/21 07:26 PM

Even with good sam discount, everything is expensive. And gander is owned by chicom after they went from moutain to outdoor, leaving investors broke. Chicom bought their debts for pennies on the dollars. Richard’s sporting goods is also a chicom shop.

The ashland place is too expensive. Save your coins and get them while on vacations in red states where they have real lgs.

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/17/21 10:20 AM

Compared to gun shows, Gander was not too bad for used firearms. Bass Pro/Cabelas is nice but pricey and Green Top is a hit or a miss. It’s a shame the Gander got out of the firearm sales...will see if they survive
Posted by: Jimmm

Re: Gander Outdoors ending firearm sales? - 09/18/21 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: jr45
Compared to gun shows, Gander was not too bad for used firearms. Bass Pro/Cabelas is nice but pricey and Green Top is a hit or a miss. It’s a shame the Gander got out of the firearm sales...will see if they survive

The fred’s location has some of the worst looking used handguns with conditions that can only mean they cane from evidence rooms as no owners would neglect their firearms like that.

That store will go out of business w/in 18 months.