SCAMMER ALERT

Posted by: gunhunter

SCAMMER ALERT - 06/29/22 08:53 PM

In the last 4 days i have been contacted by 3 different people “responding” to my ISO adds. When asked where their location was they stated out of state and gave whatever random state then said they would ship. When i asked if they were VAGT members they said no but proceeded to try and convince me they were “real” sellers by sending me a picture of a drivers license followed by a picture of that person holding the said drivers license. Red flags from start to finish of conversations.

VAGT members please be aware of scammers responging to ISO adds or WTB adds
Posted by: ttran

Re: SCAMMER ALERT - 06/30/22 12:09 AM

I got the same from my ad too. They sent someone's face and ID and sell stuffs with very cheap price included shipping. Beware everyone!
Posted by: Colonfree

Re: SCAMMER ALERT - 06/30/22 07:57 AM

Scammers are normally lazy and kinda dumb. Stop putting your phone number in your ads and this will happen much less, if not at all.
Posted by: P3Bill

Re: SCAMMER ALERT - 06/30/22 06:53 PM

Also watch out for scammers from way down in the SW corner of VA who responded to your WTB add. Wants to do Zelle. Asked for full name and address and phone number none of which checked out.
Posted by: LaserJock

Re: SCAMMER ALERT - 06/30/22 06:55 PM

Yes to Colon statements

I am betting those were not members. Non members can read the ads you have your phone numbers listed in.

Remove your phone numbers from your ads

Go through private message as 1st contact. Exchange phone numbers after.

You can pm me the members profile and I will look into it

Beware of new members with no posts. Bad grammar talk funny etc
Posted by: LaserJock

Re: SCAMMER ALERT - 06/30/22 08:17 PM

Busted a few with a wtb: AR14 rifle and pistol ads