The Virginia FFL/CHRC Fee Thread - Come One, Come All, Let's discuss this....

Posted by: Texasflyboy

The Virginia FFL/CHRC Fee Thread - Come One, Come All, Let's discuss this.... - 10/12/23 01:42 PM

Here is my topic starter.

A link to the pic from today's Shoutbox discussion. The topic is: What are the fees that the law (federal or commonwealth) allows for a Criminal History Records Check and a dealers transfer fee.

My current stance:

CHRC: Up to $17
Transfer Fee: Not mentioned in either federal or state law

Link to pic:

https://i.ibb.co/93g4HYr/VAATFLAWTRANSFER.jpg
Posted by: AardwolfSolutions

Re: The Virginia FFL/CHRC Fee Thread - Come One, Come All, Let's discuss this.... - 10/12/23 01:56 PM

Rhetorical rebuttal: How does a state "allow" a fee for a service?

Re: The Virginia FFL/CHRC Fee Thread - Come One, Come All, Let's discuss this.... - 10/12/23 02:34 PM

Just sayin

Re: The Virginia FFL/CHRC Fee Thread - Come One, Come All, Let's discuss this.... - 10/13/23 07:51 AM

Fees = taxes

The power to tax is contained in law. For a state, it’s in the state constitution. For the federal government, it’s enshrined in federal law as the tax code.

Re: The Virginia FFL/CHRC Fee Thread - Come One, Come All, Let's discuss this.... - 10/29/23 06:38 PM

A fee charged by a private entity for a service provided by that entity is not a tax.

If the government wants to set a limit on a fee, they should provide the service as well.

Re: The Virginia FFL/CHRC Fee Thread - Come One, Come All, Let's discuss this.... - 03/10/24 12:46 PM

Bumping this for visibility.
Posted by: bustedknee

Re: The Virginia FFL/CHRC Fee Thread - Come One, Come All, Let's discuss this.... - 03/11/24 01:19 PM

Define: infringe.
To encroach.

Define: encroach.
To take another's possessions or rights gradually or stealthily.
To advance beyond proper or former limits.
Posted by: Oakers3

Re: The Virginia FFL/CHRC Fee Thread - Come One, Come All, Let's discuss this.... - 04/02/24 12:41 PM

Does it say in the 2nd Amendment or any civil right that you have to pay a fee or tax to exercise that right?? I think gun safety should be taught in school and it should be free. It would also be an opportunity for police to meet and greet their constituents. Especially with kids/teens. This is IMHO.